• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Charming Tree Questline Event

SoggyShorts

ok the there really are over 60 more provinces that do not require orcs. Make sure you count the distance to your city before sending your next scout, and it needs to be 10 or less hexes away.

DeletedUser1163

ok the there really are over 60 more provinces that do not require orcs. Make sure you count the distance to your city before sending your next scout, and it needs to be 10 or less hexes away.

Thank you for all your help.

DeletedUser1163

I like Inno's games because the Support Team responds to our questions quickly and informs the game developers of the problems we Elvenar players are experiencing in the game. Liam Aird from the Support Team said, “Orcs are introduced because you have scouted far. They are introduced in ring 11, making a total of 222 provinces that do not need Orcs for catering.”

This was a problem in the Beta World. When I started playing Elvenar, a lot of us Elvenar players raced through battling as much as we could to get land expansions. Then Inno caused us to stop by setting up a new Battle System. I had to stop fighting on the Worldmap provinces because enemy units outnumbered me. All I could do was negotiate.

The Dwarven Chapter shows Provinces Completed: 157/160. Because I had gone so far, that's going to cause a problem. If I can't find any province not asking for Orcs to trade, I will be stuck until I get to the Orcs & Goblins chapter (two chapters away). And I may not even be able to unlock that chapter if I cannot solve Encounters. Oh woe is me for charging ahead recklessly.

Here's the response from Elvenar Support. “You have lots of provinces that are unexplored, and within the realms of not needed orcs. The two you have on the right side of the map, and the ring around it will have orcs, provinces inside that area will not have orcs in the catering. There seems to be enough provinces, that you need to scout, to allow you to progress without the need of orcs.” Liam Aird (Noffe) Elvenar Support

Yes!! That's good news. Thank you SoggyShorts also for your much-appreciated advice. I would not have known about Rings or that provinces have numbers on the World Map. So for me to win battles, without having to negotiate, I have to look for provinces with less than Ranking Points 10.

Can’t believe it! I won a battle in the Gems Province and the Planks Province.
You can win battles. 'Tis true. I'd like to share my military tactics with you.

1 Elite Archer, 1 Banshee & 3 Treants II vs Mist Walker II, Orc Strategist, Knight & 4 Cannoneers II (Gems Province)

Stats: 465 Elite Archers, 155 Banshees, 77 ea (231 total) Treants vs
282 Mist Walkers II, 282 Orc Strategists, 280 Knights, 282 ea (1128 total) Cannoneers II

First, have all your units take out the Mist Walker. The Elite Archer draws the fire from the Cannoneers but won’t survive the onslaught.

Second, get your Treants on the march while your Banshee releases her Silver Scream on the Heavy Ranged units. For Heavy Ranged, she gets +70% Attack bonus and -80% Defense bonus. Attacking Heavy Melee, she gets a 70% Defense bonus.

The Banshee does more damage to Orc Strategists and Cannoneers because they are Heavy Ranged units. She will hardly take any damage but don't tempt that Knight by getting too close to his spear.

Third, by this time the Banshee will have weakened the enemy units’ strength so get those Treants to start swayin’ in the breeze and protect your Banshee. Battle won! Now that was FUN.
Cerberus II, Golem II, Banshee, 2 Treants II vs Bandit II, Dryad II, Ancient Orc & Orc General (Planks Province)

Stats: 465 Cerberus II, 13 Golems, 41 Banshees, 13 each Treants vs
592 Bandits II, 296 Dryads II, 296 Ancient Orcs, 296 Orc Generals II

Have your Golem target the Bandit and Ancient Orc. Your Cerberus chase down the Bandit and Dryad.
Treants form a tag-team match on the Orc General while your Golem takes care of the Dryad.

Now that I know I can win battles, Elvenar has just become fun to play again.

DeletedUser1901

The Dwarven Chapter shows Provinces Completed: 157/160.
What do you mean by this? Dwarves chapter only needs 100 provinces completed, so i'm a bit lost at this part. Is the 160 referring to provinces that won't need Orcs for negotiating?

SoggyShorts

What do you mean by this? Dwarves chapter only needs 100 provinces completed, so i'm a bit lost at this part. Is the 160 referring to provinces that won't need Orcs for negotiating?
If you check the file she attached on page 3 of this thread you can see she has 158 of 100 when mousing over.
Here's the response from Elvenar Support. “You have lots of provinces that are unexplored, and within the realms of not needed orcs. The two you have on the right side of the map, and the ring around it will have orcs, provinces inside that area will not have orcs in the catering. There seems to be enough provinces, that you need to scout, to allow you to progress without the need of orcs.” Liam Aird (Noffe) Elvenar Support
This is exactly what I've been trying to explain to you. Provinces that are farther from your main city have higher costs/more troops, and if you go really far they cost orcs. As I suspected from the very beginning you have been scouting in a "starfish" rather than an expanding circle around your city.

DeletedUser1901

If you check the file she attached on page 3 of this thread you can see she has 158 of 100 when mousing over.
I checked the attachment and 160 still does not equal 100.
The Dwarven Chapter shows Provinces Completed: 157/160

because the Provinces Completed were 157/160

If you are under the next chest, like 157/160

The Dwarven Chapter shows Provinces Completed: 157/160

SoggyShorts

@Letheia
If she mouses over chapter 2 it will show 158/10
If she mouses over chapter 3 it will show 158/30
If she mouses over chapter 4 it will show 158/50
If she mouses over chapter 5 it will show 158/70
If she mouses over chapter 6 it will show 158/100
If she mouses over chapter 7 it will show 158/130
if she mouses over chapter 8 it will show 158/160

regardless of which chapter she was looking at, the point was that she has only completed 158 provinces, which is less than 222, which means there are still provinces available that don't need orcs to negotiate.
The confusion comes from the fact that she is in dwarves, but was looking at orcs since she thought she needed orcs.

DeletedUser1163

@Letheia
If she mouses over chapter 2 it will show 158/10
If she mouses over chapter 3 it will show 158/30
If she mouses over chapter 4 it will show 158/50
If she mouses over chapter 5 it will show 158/70
If she mouses over chapter 6 it will show 158/100
If she mouses over chapter 7 it will show 158/130
if she mouses over chapter 8 it will show 158/160

regardless of which chapter she was looking at, the point was that she has only completed 158 provinces, which is less than 222, which means there are still provinces available that don't need orcs to negotiate.
The confusion comes from the fact that she is in dwarves, but was looking at orcs since she thought she needed orcs.

Thank you SoggyShorts for clearing up the confusion and helping Letheia. Still not sure what a starfish pattern is. All I know is that all the provinces 10 hexes away from my city (North, South, East & West) don't have Orcs in them so I should be able to battle with the enemy units there ... or if I can't intimidate, I will just negotiate.

DeletedUser1163