• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Charming Tree Questline Event

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for our new Questline Event here. Of course, we're looking forward to hearing your feedback about it in this thread :)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Dony

King of Bugs
Isnt the image from announcement a bit broken? it miss 1 hand, ingame picture has 2 hands

DeletedUser724

quest 2 gain some supplies

I have complete a routine quest gaining 4500 supplies
it do not count to the quest

the quest say GAIN
it should refer to any source of getting the supplies

if it mean we need to get supplies from production builidng, it should say PRODUCE instead of GAIN

I have production ready to collect, it seems it is only work with supplies from your own building

Last edited by a moderator:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
quest 2 gain some supplies

I have complete a routine quest gaining 4500 supplies
it do not count to the quest

the quest say GAIN
it should refer to any source of getting the supplies

if it mean we need to get supplies from production builidng, it should say PRODUCE instead of GAIN

I have production ready to collect, it seems it is only work with supplies from your own building

Gain, means get it from production, wonders, wonder effects (example starting scout when you have tome of secrets).
Quest rewards, will never be credit for another quest. Then you dont gain it, you are rewared it. Gotta love semantics :)

DeletedUser1833

The reward building is fine on beta, where I'm just peaking into Ch.VI.
However, it will be useless on live, where I'm partway into Woodelves and have already dumped (or shortly intend to dump) every single medium/large culture-only building - including Mysterious/Burning Eggs, and my beloved Snowy Charming Trees & Father Trees! - to make room for Mana-producing buildings.
So I might do the event on beta ... but on my 2 live worlds, it's just not worth it :(

DeletedUser

The reward building is fine on beta, where I'm just peaking into Ch.VI.
However, it will be useless on live, where I'm partway into Woodelves and have already dumped (or shortly intend to dump) every single medium/large culture-only building - including Mysterious/Burning Eggs, and my beloved Snowy Charming Trees & Father Trees! - to make room for Mana-producing buildings.
So I might do the event on beta ... but on my 2 live worlds, it's just not worth it :(

Charming Tree (info from elvenarchitect)
Chapter XI = 6500 culture
Chapter X = 5300 culture
Chapter IX = 4300 culture (Snowy was 3700)

I would say it's definitely worth it :):):):), it leaves room for mana-producing buildings that are not so high on culture

Marindor

There is also a problem with the Trader since this "quest" was started. You can OLNY use the + - key to enter an amount of goods to be traded..Also only allows increments of 100 at a time, so if you want to enter 225 you can not. It will not allow you to just put the # in the box.
EX: I want to Trade 10,025 planks I need to hit the + arrow 100 times BUT I can NOT add another 25. It will allow 10,000 or 10,100.

I can't reproduce this issue myself. The + sign is meant to "up" it up by 100 so that wouldn't be a bug, but you should be able to enter the amount you want into the text box. Please do note that the game won't allow the "," you use in your example, only numbers.

PrimroseSylvia

Charming Tree (info from elvenarchitect)
Chapter X = 5300 culture

Where do you find it? I haven't see info on Elvenarchitect

edit: finally I found, I was filtering too much!

DeletedUser724

Gain, means get it from production, wonders, wonder effects (example starting scout when you have tome of secrets).
Quest rewards, will never be credit for another quest. Then you dont gain it, you are rewared it. Gotta love semantics :)

Thanks
I must have to admit to english kinder-garden once more
the "GAIN" that you explain is some english that I never hear and learn

to me : Gain is GAIN, there is no condition/criteria imposed along with the word in english, a super simple english words
I have no objection to get supplies from building...etc

My only comment is
Gain, my understanding, "increase in supplies... there is no condition with it "

your explanation to me is Gain (non-quest)...that is "increase" not coming from quest

my previous comment is only asking to use "correct word" only

DeletedUser1833

Chapter X = 5300 culture
Yes, very nice I'm sure ... if you're in (or going to be in) either Ch.X or Ch.XI. As I said, I'm not. And I'm unlikely to be able to reach Ch.X for another month or more.
4.3k culture & no mana vs. 3.5k culture & 186/h mana : well, I need (loads of!) mana, and seeing as it comes with 3.5k of culture - which has already pushed my culture bonus up to never-seen-before levels - I don't need the additional 800 culture. As for the number of squares of floor space, there's nothing [standard] that produces anything even close to 186/h mana that will fit into 13 squares, so it's not a factor. If I happened to have a 4x3 space available amongst the Willows, would I put the Charming Tree in it? No, because I'm way over-cultured already, and what I need is mana (or other Woodelves-specific buildings).
And while the Snowy might have been 3700 if you got it while in Ch. IX, I didn't (otherwise I'd be beyond Woodelves by now) - mine were from Ch.VI & VII (1990 & 2500).

So, if you're in Ch.X or Ch.XI (or are likely to reach Ch.X very soon) then it might be worthwhile. For me (in Ch.IX, and nowhere near finishing it), it isn't.

DeletedUser1909

Events should have a mana component if your in chapter 8-11. I guess I have too keep complaining too they do....:D

SoggyShorts

Events should have a mana component if your in chapter 8-11. I guess I have too keep complaining too they do
Yeah, there's just no way I'd trade a library for a tree. I'll still do the event as a welcome change, but the building will sit in my inventory along with valentines buildings forever.

IMO the mini events should give an awesome 1x2 or 2x1 building if they won't give us mana. Something you can always keep in your city.

DeletedUser1677

just want to say that I love the way the events gives me something else to do. So the game is'nt the same every day. It helps me from not getting bored, while waiting to progress in the story-line :)

A little suggestion:
Would it be an idea to do a "news box" ingame? Like a notification telling: "event coming up soon, read more here *link to forum"* and the same with guest races.

It should'nt be with ALL news, just huge changes, events and quest races.
I was a bit inactive at forum, so when I logged on to the game, and the event showed up, I was not prepared at all.

Maybe just me with that wish :)

Marindor

A little suggestion:
Would it be an idea to do a "news box" ingame? Like a notification telling: "event coming up soon, read more here *link to forum"* and the same with guest races.

We're currently working on an improvement of our Announcement screen so we can indeed do that more often. One of the downsides of our current system, is that we can't mark announcements as read, so players can get annoyed when they keep getting that screen every time they log in. We're working on an overhaul which makes it possible to let the players choose when they don't want to see that announcement anymore. When that improvement is implemented, we will use it more often as well :)

Marindor

I can't reproduce this issue myself. The + sign is meant to "up" it up by 100 so that wouldn't be a bug, but you should be able to enter the amount you want into the text box. Please do note that the game won't allow the "," you use in your example, only numbers.

DeletedUser1502

It does go +and - by 100 at a time. The problem is that now you can no longer just put in 10,000 in the box without doing it 100 at a time.

DeletedUser283

I just tested it and I can actually type 10000 manually into the box :)

DeletedUser

Hello i am in the twentieth and twenty-first quest ... 20-Win 24 relics and 21- Make 24 encounters ... to get 24 relics i have to do the tournament (but i have not the boost) or solve 24 encounters !!!! Second possibility: to win 24 relics by passing to my neighbors in luck and not to win only KP ... then, for the last quest I also have to solve 24 encounters ... so in all I would have to "discover" 6 provinces ... impossible in view of the time it takes for a province ... (40 hours or more) it would have been wise not to have two identical quests or almost one behind the other ...

WTF, More than 200 neighbors visited and not a treasure chest discovered ... explain to me how to gain relics ??????????

Other Question, Why are there no quests with the first boost ? Marble, steel and wood ?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

@Biloutte91
You can still do a tournament even if it isn't for your boost. The relics you gain let you make spells in your magic academy and upgrade wonders.
Also you get KP, spells, runes etc. and rewards for your entire fellowship.
Some of those rewards tomorrow will also be relics. You should do some of every tournament.

You only get 3 treasure chests per day doing visits.