• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Deleted User - 56274

I just completed the gain 11 relics and the very next quest is gain 11 relics - seriously, this needs to be addressed. It is beyond ridiculous, it isn't even frustrating it is aggravating and I'm just about at my quit point.

Of 21 quests in the last group I have seen 3. You need to put a cooldown on how often certain quests can occur. Bring back quests such as gain t2 & t3 goods, give NH, Post/Accept Trades etc to offer more variety.

Quit putting quests in brackets and base the currency award off of the cost/difficulty of the quest and have the entire list be able to be drawn from rather than this ridiculousness.

This is even worse than the mermaid event cycle.

Karvest

I just completed the gain 11 relics and the very next quest is gain 11 relics - seriously, this needs to be addressed. It is beyond ridiculous, it isn't even frustrating it is aggravating and I'm just about at my quit point.

Of 21 quests in the last group I have seen 3. You need to put a cooldown on how often certain quests can occur.
11 relics 4 times out of last 10 quests here... stopped doing them 2 days ago and waiting for tourney...

Heymrdiedier

11 relics 4 times out of last 10 quests here... stopped doing them 2 days ago and waiting for tourney...
im in the same boat, i crafted some relics in the academy tho.nothing in there now till tourny starts so ill get those last from there.

My 11 relics quest didnt get changed, so it stayed.
im guessing only the quests with a new description cause your current quest to change

Deleted User - 56274

@Karvest Yeah, the only problem is that quest list also has the inanity of:
Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters
Solve 5 Spire Encounters or Solve 5 Encounters

So we could be spiraling between 45 tourney encounters and 11 relics :(

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Just a head's up: We wont be able to change this before the weekend anymore, but due to your feedback, the Scouting quest will get an extra alternative with OR Gain 15 Vision Vapor next week :)
And another day has past without this update. :(
I'm predicting this will be fixed tomorrow morning, right after my scout has finished and I have waited over 8 days already. :eek:

DeletedUser2740

I have been playing for about a year now and honestly I liked this game enough to buy diamonds occasionally. With the old event questing system I was able to plan ahead, get everything set, work my behind off in the beginning and earn good prizes. Back then I was able to complete the sequential quests in about half the event time (if I prepared) and have a real life for the remainder of the event playing the daily quests and working my chapter quests. With the Mermaid I was not able to do that as much, but was still able to do fairly well on beta and good in my live world cities with one - yes only one- fully upgraded mermaid, which I think is fair if someone is really working at it. But I could not play my chapter quests - I had to "save" normal game play to have it available for the event. I don't like it and may decide the game is no longer worth my time to play.

DeletedUser

Okay I've updated my page again for workshops at least. Maybe my last one was too simple!
How about this?
Leveltab-Workshops.JPG

We get to figure out how many we want to build and see how pretty they are.
Maybe the qty fields would be global fields so you see the same thing on every workshop.
oo yeah I have a typo c4 should be c6
PS thanks for the new realm :D Yayyy!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

>Does that mean they decided to remove some of 24h production quests?
The quest 1 day is there (just after a scout of course ;))/

palmira

@palmira after scout but was it after the first sequence of quests? (1-30 or so, which is ended by Scout a province quest)
No idea, I was so annoyed with the Scout quests that I forgot to count tasks after getting 3 almost in a row ( of 6 quests, 3 were scouts). If it helps, I am at 104 keys per task ( I had one to produce a huge amount of steel after the scout and after that the 5 toolboxes).

DeletedUser2829

I have a question about the Brown Bear special effect. It gives bonus troops for a 12 hour period, does this bonus apply to troop batches completed during this 12 hours, or to those collected during those 12 hours? In other words, could I wait until 5 troop batches are finished from each of merc camp, barracks and training ground, apply pet food, collect, and get the bonus on all 15 batches of troops?

UlyssesBlue

One major downside I'm seeing of this new form of the event is that at times there's effectively little or nothing to do, sometimes for long periods of time.

When there was a set quest list you could plan things in advance, and so could always be working on multiple things in advance, so most of the time there was lots to do, putting in or taking out level 1 buildings, putting on productions, organising things, etc. The exception is when the very long scout quests came up, which is a problem no matter what form the event takes, but it's not like the entire event consisted of nothing but these. Most of the time there'd still be lots to do.

When events switched to the random endless series of quests you could still plan things in advance, such as having a variety of productions running or ready for pickup in level 1 workshops, tier1 manufactories, MA, crafting, putting a scout on, etc, so there was still lots to do that you could do in preparing for the different types of quests that might come up.

With this new event form, where most quests need large workshops or manufactories, almost everyone is limited to only a very small number of these due to the space, population, and construction time required, so there is much less that can be done in advance. You're pretty much limited to working on only one quest at once. It doesn't matter that we get more event currency from completing the quests to compensate for less quests being completed. The issue is that there's nothing to do for the event for long periods, and this is a very frequent, so it's boring. You just collect the production for the current quest, put the next one on, then wait around til it's complete. That might be the next day, so everything you've done for the event that day takes less than a minute. That's simply not fun. There might as well not be an event.

Of these three forms, I think what worked best was the endless quests without the high level requirement for production buildings. If the endless quest format meant some people won too many prizes then you should cap the amount of prizes that can be won, or make it much more difficult after a certain amount have been won. Doing this indirectly by preventing people from engaging in the event to any significant degree is simply silly, and just creates frustration and prevents people from having fun. It's one thing to come up against the occasion quest that takes an unreasonable length of time to complete, it's another for this to be literally every single quest.

Heymrdiedier

I have a question about the Brown Bear special effect. It gives bonus troops for a 12 hour period, does this bonus apply to troop batches completed during this 12 hours, or to those collected during those 12 hours? In other words, could I wait until 5 troop batches are finished from each of merc camp, barracks and training ground, apply pet food, collect, and get the bonus on all 15 batches of troops?
its upon collecting, so you can wait them out

Heymrdiedier

One major downside I'm seeing of this new form of the event is that at times there's effectively little or nothing to do, sometimes for long periods of time.

When there was a set quest list you could plan things in advance, and so could always be working on multiple things in advance, so most of the time there was lots to do, putting in or taking out level 1 buildings, putting on productions, organising things, etc. The exception is when the very long scout quests came up, which is a problem no matter what form the event takes, but it's not like the entire event consisted of nothing but these. Most of the time there'd still be lots to do.

When events switched to the random endless series of quests you could still plan things in advance, such as having a variety of productions running or ready for pickup in level 1 workshops, tier1 manufactories, MA, crafting, putting a scout on, etc, so there was still lots to do that you could do in preparing for the different types of quests that might come up.

With this new event form, where most quests need large workshops or manufactories, almost everyone is limited to only a very small number of these due to the space, population, and construction time required, so there is much less that can be done in advance. You're pretty much limited to working on only one quest at once. It doesn't matter that we get more event currency from completing the quests to compensate for less quests being completed. The issue is that there's nothing to do for the event for long periods, and this is a very frequent, so it's boring. You just collect the production for the current quest, put the next one on, then wait around til it's complete. That might be the next day, so everything you've done for the event that day takes less than a minute. That's simply not fun. There might as well not be an event.

in the old format you were finsihed in a day or 3, and then had nothing to. so thats even worse?

Of these three forms, I think what worked best was the endless quests without the high level requirement for production buildings. If the endless quest format meant some people won too many prizes then you should cap the amount of prizes that can be won, or make it much more difficult after a certain amount have been won. Doing this indirectly by preventing people from engaging in the event to any significant degree is simply silly, and just creates frustration and prevents people from having fun. It's one thing to come up against the occasion quest that takes an unreasonable length of time to complete, it's another for this to be literally every single quest.

theres only 2 formats, one with and one without endless quests. im thinking the new endless quests is there to stay, but they are still trying to figuer out what quests fit best in there.

palmira

The problem of this format is the unfairness of the tasks and the lingering feeling that they are not as random as suposed: I got once the buy KP, and I am OK with that, 8 x the scout one province, and definitely I am not OK with that, 3 or 4 times the toolboxes, some 6 times the produce huge amounts of T1, and the rest basically the encounters, provinces, tourney and spire, get relics and get 5 spells. the easy ones i get once or twice, the ones taking a lot of time I am flooded with.

maxiqbert

I don't care about endless or not, but I'm missing the daily quests
In a way, those were adressing the issue of casual vs hardcore players.
The casual players didn't go very far in the quest list but they always had something to do with the daily quest!