• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Misty Forest 2021

Lovec Krys

Sometimes, numbers can be funny (my current event currency count on live):
1634644172559.png

eleutheria

Well, of course they should. A fellowship should have as close to an even split as possible of goods for better trading. If a full fellowship ends up with 12 or 15 members boosted in marble, for example, they are going to be hurting for planks and steel, and not be a good environment for growth.
Whatever.,

SoggyShorts

I really don't understand the point of this new thing where we now have to click a button to collect the prizes so far accrued. Why not just give them to us automatically?
manual claiming allows us to:
1. not waste KP from the top bar when receive 15KP reward
2. be able to get evo base for next chapter when you switch them during event.
More importantly for inno if you open the claim interface you can see all of the amazing royal path prizes you are missing out on
/s

ekarat

Well, of course they should. A fellowship should have as close to an even split as possible of goods for better trading. If a full fellowship ends up with 12 or 15 members boosted in marble, for example, they are going to be hurting for planks and steel, and not be a good environment for growth.

I'm curious. Are there really all that many FS that care about even splits nowadays, with all the event buildings that give non-boosted goods?

I've been in several and not one cared. The ones that care certainly do exist, but I'm skeptical how common they are.

And yes, my FS is extremely lopsided with boosts, but I have neighbors for that.

SoggyShorts

I'm curious. Are there really all that many FS that care about even splits nowadays, with all the event buildings that give non-boosted goods?
I would think among newer smaller FS with almost all newish players it would matter, but yeah we haven't looked at boosts in years.
Since the winter event with Sled carousels, I think.

Enevhar Aldarion

I've been in several and not one cared. The ones that care certainly do exist, but I'm skeptical how common they are.

And yes, my FS is extremely lopsided with boosts, but I have neighbors for that.

Yes, because being balanced in normal boosts means you are balanced in sentient and ascended boosts. My current US fellowship had to replace a couple of players recently and we were short on crystal-boosted players, so we only accepted new members boosted in crystal. And everyone in our fellowship is somewhere between chapters 12 and 18. There are enough of us in end-game that making sure there is, and will be, a balance for ascended goods.

I have also found that an AM who lets their fellowship get majorly out of balance either does not care, is too casual/clueless, is simply new and still learning, does not have members that have to deal with sentient and/or ascended goods, or some combination of all these.

Enevhar Aldarion

That's probably pretty rare. Also, a little weird and kinda useless IMO to ensure equal sentient boosts in a FS when they are traded globally, no?

Oh, you mean the goods that sometimes are never posted for trade or are only posted by the leeches in 0 and 1-star trades? Or, for example, people in my fellowship have put up shrooms trades in the past on Arendyll that sat there for days because no one outside the fellowship would take them, and at that time, there were not enough shrooms producers within the fellowship. And then that all leads to chapter 18 and Ascended goods. Something you will never have to deal with, if you never advance your cities again.

Aeva

Well. We do not care and we never have a problem. Some trades are taken from under our hands and others will take a bit longer. It rarely happens that a good is very short. Even the difficult ones to trade like bismuth (or scrolls) can be done relatively quickly. So I do not think there is a need for an even spread of boosted goods within a FS. Perhaps only when it's a new one with all small cities because they have difficulty trading small amounts with their neighbourhood.

edeba

The other thing is there is probably a lot more buying goods with supplies then there used to be because of restoring the ability to buy a more reasonable amount of goods with the wholesaler before the price jacks up 50%.

maxiqbert

The other thing is there is probably a lot more buying goods with supplies then there used to be because of restoring the ability to buy a more reasonable amount of goods with the wholesaler before the price jacks up 50%.
doesn't apply to sensible or ascended goods

The Fairy

I don't have the luxury to be able to pick players depending on goods as I value e.g. tourney and spire performance quite high. If I had that luxury then I would feel even more sorry for gum/scrolls/bismuth boosted players

eleutheria

I've given up on this on my beta account, because I'm simply too low level to even try to complete the tasks. I'm playing it on my main account, to get stuff I can turn into spell fragments, but not putting in my best effort. Far too many requests for buying KPs, spell fragments, and obviously I can't do the Spire, and when you have only one or two provinces in the Tourney, well . .. if you can't expand your provinces because you simply haven't got the troops nor the goods to negotiate, it's basically IMPOSSIBLE. Most of my fellowship in my main account are equally nonimpressed by this one. The endless demand for thousands of diamonds is getting ridiculous. Yeah, I know you gotta make money, but ya know, the world's economy is falling apart, many people permanently lost their jobs, and playing online is an escape from reality. The reality of rich people bragging about how much money they have, all the fun stuff they buy, is kinda grating when you're worried about being evicted and getting enough food to eat.

Jackluyt

This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen like Misty Forest - even though the shuffleboard has become a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!

Last edited: