• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Misty Forest 2021

eleutheria

Disagree. It's way harder to find players with the same goals than with big scores.
That has not been my experience. Please don't try to tell me what I've learned, you have no idea. Many of the fellowships are very elitist, demanding certain boosted goods, as well as minimum rating numbers.

eleutheria

This is not correct. It is just an extra option if you do not like it.
You can win a daily prize by playing the forest and opening the lost goods, like the pumpkin or the book...
The 'prizes' I've gotten out of the 'lost goods' have been less than impressive. It also makes it hard on newer players, who simply can't be expected to do enough of the tasks to afford the 420 packs, and collect 5 cats per day. I'm not even bothering now, I've stopped playing and will put in no effort in my main account. I'll concentrate on tournies, the FAs, and get points for my fellowship there.

eleutheria

Not true.
In my live FS we do 10 chests every week at least and we have members who finished the last chapter and members that are in the early stages of the guest races.
Well, bully for you. Your experience does not negate mine.

Enevhar Aldarion

...demanding certain boosted goods...

Well, of course they should. A fellowship should have as close to an even split as possible of goods for better trading. If a full fellowship ends up with 12 or 15 members boosted in marble, for example, they are going to be hurting for planks and steel, and not be a good environment for growth.

SoggyShorts

That has not been my experience. Please don't try to tell me what I've learned, you have no idea. Many of the fellowships are very elitist, demanding certain boosted goods, as well as minimum rating numbers.
First of all, rude. Your attitude is totally uncalled for.
Secondly, I'm aware of top fellowships on every server that will take in new smaller players.

As I stated: it is much more difficult to find players with similar goals than with big scores.
High scores mean almost nothing in this game other than how long ago a player started.

Almost every top FS would rather have a small player who wants to excel at the spire and tournament over a big player who does neither.

Aeva

In my experience FS are very seldom elitist.
Demanding certain boosted goods or minimum rating numbers is by no means elitist. It is a very good way to take care of an existing team, which is what every FS should be. If a team wants more members they should allways try to find people with the same goals and style.

Elderflower

I have a complaint about the timing of the quests. I am on the daily quests now and yesterday's was a choice between encounters or Spire encounters - when the Spire had just ended the night before. Today's is between encounters and tournament encounters and the tournament ended last night. I can't get to these quests any sooner because they are locked. If you just want us to solve encounters - fine but I think they ought to alter the timing of these quests before they release it to the real world so that they align better with things like Spire and Tournament instead of just being a Hobson's choice.

FieryArien

If I remember it correctly, the event started on Thursday on beta. While on live worlds it will be starting on Tuesday (countdown is already running). That means yesterday’s Spire and today’s tournament quests will actually appear two days sooner on live servers and the Spire or tournament will still be running.

SoggyShorts

I have a complaint about the timing of the quests.
Every event all year there has been this complaint. It's pretty clear to me at this point that it isn't an accident.

So the quest should read in full:
"Take the easy road and wait 3 days to solve x tournament encounters OR take the hard way and complete X map provinces now"*

*note that which path is easy or hard will depend on where you are at in the game.

Elderflower

If I remember it correctly, the event started on Thursday on beta. While on live worlds it will be starting on Tuesday (countdown is already running). That means yesterday’s Spire and today’s tournament quests will actually appear two days sooner on live servers and the Spire or tournament will still be running.
Thank you. That will be much better especially for newer players

Lovec Krys

@FieryArien For us end gamers it is actualy irrelevant, since we tends to do Spire at once, so 6 days out of 7 without Spire encounters to solve and our scouting times are well above 100 hrs thx. to the no Better scouts tech for several chapters policy.

Walking

But you have to get all five in one day and if you get any less, they are erased and you have to start over. They don't carry over, which is making it impossible for lower level players.
I don’t know about “impossible for lower level players” but this certainly is frustrating. I think it would be better if accumulated reroll charge would carry over to the next day, in case my next daily rolls to “Pumpkin Patch” AGAIN. Or that flingin’ flangin’ “Lonely Scarecrow.”

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@eleutheria It doesn't matter if the player is small or big, but how he playes the event.
If he seeks for information (plays on live and knows daily rewards in advance from beta) and spends all event currency on 1-3 daily rewards, he has plenty of cats for flipping.
But if player spends event currency every other day, of course, he won't have enough event currency for even 1 flip (and mostly getting garbage he won't need).

Last edited:

Pauly7

So, my contribution... I like the fact that there's an event which is something a bit different, but I'm left overall frustrated with it. There doesn't seem to be a lot to play for with a weak grand prize and when it seems to cost thousands of event currency just in the pursuit of a single daily prize.

Also, this is just me being a negative nelly, but I really don't understand the point of this new thing where we now have to click a button to collect the prizes so far accrued. Why not just give them to us automatically?

Skillpowers

So, my contribution... I like the fact that there's an event which is something a bit different, but I'm left overall frustrated with it. There doesn't seem to be a lot to play for with a weak grand prize and when it seems to cost thousands of event currency just in the pursuit of a single daily prize.

Also, this is just me being a negative nelly, but I really don't understand the point of this new thing where we now have to click a button to collect the prizes so far accrued. Why not just give them to us automatically?
its always best to safe up all currency to go for 1 good daily price you like , also this years prices aren't that great compared to last year but christmas will have some good prices again like usual.

Uffauffa

Let's take a different point of view... it's a "holiday event": no stress? No need to worry about ups? No need to be angry for currency wasting? Let's do it! (even more often, when possible) :D

Walking

@eleutheria It doesn't matter if the player is small or big, but how he playes the event.
If he seeks for information (plays on live and knows daily rewards in advance from beta) and spends all event currency on 1-3 daily rewards, he has plenty of cats for flipping.
But if player spends event currency every other day, of course, he won't have enough event currency for even 1 flip (and mostly getting garbage he won't need).
Does every player start each day with the same reward? I assumed the daily flip was random.