• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Misty Forest 2021

Arthus

On beta you can't make gold as a F2P player in some events. I've experienced multiple times that i've had much better league on live than on beta, thanks to % being higher number because of higher number of overall accounts. In my opinion they should double the ammount of players that reach golden league.

CrazyWizard

Are you playing the same game as me Wizard? It took me three to four times as long last night to spend all those itty-shitty little bitties in the Mystery Forest as what I normally spend blowing big numbers of them on the bigger chests. That is why I hate this silly totally-random modality - and there are a large number of members of my facebook group and the Official FB group who say that they are not going to do the event at all because they like it so little.
I got to the stage after about 3/4 of an hour of repetitive clicking where I wanted to scream because I could not wait for the mindless process to end - and I was doing all I could to speed up the process; having worked so hard to make 5000 event currency I was very loth to throw it all away - but I was tempted, looking at the meager bag of useful items I was gaining. How people who have eight cities, one in each US world, manage to find the enthusiasm to claim all their rewards is a mystery to me. If you claim the lot on the last day as I was forced to do for personal reasons beyond my control, it would take between 3 and 5 hours to spend all the currency in 8 cities - and most of the prizes are things that one may not really want or need.

Yes but I do not live in facebook, facebook is a cesspit anyway. one screams fire and everyone screams fire. that 1 person that notes thatre is no fire is ignored. Just like you will so more complainers on the forums than lovers. why? when people do not like something they scream but when they love something they enjoy.
Also how you percieve somthng also depends on the people you surround yourself with. if your surrounded by negativity you will feel negativity. if you surrounded by posititvity you feel positive. reality doesnt matter.

I know plenty of players that really love and adore this format. they find it fun and entertaining instead of mindlessly clicking chests
the total opposith reaction of yours.

edeba

This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen like Misty Forest - even though the shuffleboard has become a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!
This format is one of my favorite because the mini game is fun, it adds strategy and skill to getting prizes and I find the challenge a welcomed diversion.

edeba

overall the misty forest is an unique event that fits in with halloween , the bad thing is just the quests that they need to fix next time , way to many "buy kp and spend kp" early on. also since this is an event where u mainly have to focus on the cats the rewards themselve might need to take a look at so the random rewards are little bit better.
I'd agree there, and overall I'm not crazy about the quest list. I find the planning and working to get through the questline tends to mess up what you normally do and the good requirements are very high and do not include buying goods with supplies or coin. This is as legitimate source of goods as a manufacturer or event item and should be coded as such for all events. I'm not sure what the difference is that at one time event buildings that gave goods didn't count and now they do count. Wholesaler purchase of goods with coin and supplies is just as legitimate of a source of goods.

Aeva

I'd agree there, and overall I'm not crazy about the quest list. I find the planning and working to get through the questline tends to mess up what you normally do and the good requirements are very high and do not include buying goods with supplies or coin. This is as legitimate source of goods as a manufacturer or event item and should be coded as such for all events. I'm not sure what the difference is that at one time event buildings that gave goods didn't count and now they do count. Wholesaler purchase of goods with coin and supplies is just as legitimate of a source of goods.
It requires some spells to be a bit comfortable in buying kp's and it requires a lot of patience and I love it :)

SoggyShorts

I could not wait for the mindless process to end -
I hate this silly totally-random modality
I find your opinion fascinating.
How can you say that you hate "random & brain dead" and that you like the 3 chests system over the misty mini-game with a straight face?

Here's a test:
Q: What's the opposite of mindless/braindead?​
A: Engaging and strategic, maybe?​
You can't seriously think that 3-chests fits this description better.

Q: What's the opposite of random?​
A: Controlled, maybe? Perhaps a game where your actions and choices have a real effect on the outcome?​
Again, You can't seriously think that 3-chests fits this description better.

it would take between 3 and 5 hours to spend all the currency in 8 cities
First of all, almost no one has a city on every single server. If you don't have time to actually play them, that's your problem.
Secondly, 30 minutes spread out over 20+ days? 1.5 minutes of playing per day a strategic mini-game that's actually engaging and makes you use your brain? Seems reasonable to me.
a large number of members of my Facebook group and the Official FB group who say that they are not going to do the event at all because they like it so little.
Facebook is an echo chamber of whingers. People love to complain but those who actually enjoy the event are too busy having fun to open up Facebook and try to spread joy among the depressingly negative yet vocal minority.

You, as perhaps the face of US Elvenar on FB, should consider your responsibility to the group. I guarantee that your negativity for this event has spread to others who may otherwise enjoy it. There are hundreds of Facebook users who have never seen this event before and without even getting a chance to form their own opinion will now be going into it with the negativity that you help create.

Droopy

You, as perhaps the face of US Elvenar on FB, should consider your responsibility to the group. I guarantee that your negativity for this event has spread to others who may otherwise enjoy it. There are hundreds of Facebook users who have never seen this event before and without even getting a chance to form their own opinion will now be going into it with the negativity that you help create.
This is not true i've seen more messages (outside Facebook) who dislike this current event type.

The way you first buy light candles (and then choose 420 is the only logic option) and then try to find a path (not much of a choice) in the misty forest which goes only to the right is more random then the chest setup events. You can play a little bit with using different light sources, but it is not really helpfull. You need to be lucky on the side where the items are "hidden" behind the fog.
Anyway if it's only once in the year i can deal with it, but i'm sure i would give up if more events of this type will arise. No fun at all with this horrible event.

SoggyShorts

This is not true i've seen more messages (outside Facebook) who dislike this current event type.
That proves nothing. Whingers love whinging and feed off of each other. Facebook is generally better at grouping those people together and feeding on it, but it's a fairly universal truth.
try to find a path (not much of a choice) in the misty forest which goes only to the right is more random then the chest setup events. You can play a little bit with using different light sources, but it is not really helpfull.
Disagree hard. The choices made make a huge difference. I got gold without diamonds, others didn't make 7 artifacts. Last year I got 2 bases plus an extra artifact (on top of FA artifacts) on every single account (I had more accounts then). Other players couldn't make it halfway.
You need to be lucky on the side where the items are "hidden" behind the fog.
Nothing compared to the luck you need in getting extra currency at 5% odds from chests.

SlyLady

I like that you could reroll the daily rewards, but it seemed like a 3-4 different items loop?

Edit: I just read @CrazyWizard ´s post, and I agree some of the combos were bad.
I also think they repeat the quests to often in a row. It´s ok to demand "buy xx KP", make "xx troops" and so on, but not the same demand too often in a row :rolleyes:

Oh yes, BIG thumbs up for the re-roll option! I loved being able to switch out a daily prize of minimal interest for - anything else. I did not switch enough to notice any pattern or loop. But I sincerely hope this option continues in future events.

WAY too many "buy KP" quests or at least, way too early in the questline, IMO. It seems like the early quests are usually pretty easy and accessible for all and over time, they get more challenging. So, I'd ideally like to see fewer buy KP quests, but if that isn't possible, then please move them later in the questline so that more players don't get hung up on them early.

Droopy

Disagree hard. The choices made make a huge difference. I got gold without diamonds, others didn't make 7 artifacts. Last year I got 2 bases plus an extra artifact (on top of FA artifacts) on every single account (I had more accounts then). Other players couldn't make it halfway.
That just tells that you are very lucky, but that is ok. Not everyone can have that luck.
Happy for you that you got gold.

Enevhar Aldarion

Disagree hard. The choices made make a huge difference. I got gold without diamonds, others didn't make 7 artifacts.

I was up within the final hour and Gold was barely over 280, so that is not saying a lot when compared to Gold in the last few events.

Silver did not even make it to 260 this time. It ended at 253, so less that 5% of all active Beta players completed the building from the event. That is a horrible showing. And while it may have been poor choices for some players, I think it was also poor cat distribution in the code this time. I know it was worse than last year. I finished 39 cats short of the 9th artifact, and as best I can remember from last year, I was maybe 8 or 9 cats short in that one, and I used basically the same choices both years.

Skillpowers

I was up within the final hour and Gold was barely over 280, so that is not saying a lot when compared to Gold in the last few events.

Silver did not even make it to 260 this time. It ended at 253, so less that 5% of all active Beta players completed the building from the event. That is a horrible showing. And while it may have been poor choices for some players, I think it was also poor cat distribution in the code this time. I know it was worse than last year. I finished 39 cats short of the 9th artifact, and as best I can remember from last year, I was maybe 8 or 9 cats short in that one, and I used basically the same choices both years.
i did reach the blue cat picture without buying currency , and last year i was also able to get my building to level 10 (9 artefacts) during event so if u didn't get it to 10 its probally the strategy that you used that didn't work out that well.

DeletedUser2378

I was two grand prizes away from winning the cat avatar. :( :( :(
Finished all the quests and worked pretty hard (for me) to get to that avatar. Ah, well. I also only gained 8 Witch Summoning Circle Artifacts and won a whopping 3 daily exclusives. I spent the 420 package each time too.
It's pretty frustrating when you finish all the quests but still come up short.
I'm a sad panda.
It happens though. Each event is different.

Last edited by a moderator:

galrond

Last year i only got the building to 9, but I made some horrid stratetic decisions :oops:
This year I got 11 tokens (but also used some diamonds)
My alts on live got their tokens last year with no problems nor use of diamonds (11 each).
It´s not my impression, that they´re more scarce in this type of event compared to others.

As far as I know most ppl like this event (or at least don´t hate it much).
I fully accept, that others have (and mainly hear) different opinions.
But NEVER make the assuption, that you talk for the "playerbase".
I´ve heard this in the past on other topics, and I find it self-centered and tiresome :eek:
That said, I found the following kind of amusing:
Some AMs on danish server tried to convince the server to boycut an event some time back.
Reason: we were "forced" to do tournament, and EVERYONE hates the tournament.
That was not the feeling, that I got from reading BETA forum :p
Ppl. hate the formular, but that was because they liked the tournament ;)

But if you really don´t like an event, then use as little energy on it as posible (as I do with gathering tokens for BE).
No single object, that you get from an event, is manatory to play the game.
The firephoenix helps a LOT in spire/tournament/map battles though :cool:

palmira

@Droopy Soggy's right in this. There is bigger influence of strategy involved in this event than just luck.
Yep, strategy rules on this event :) And that's why I enjoy this event - and it doesn't take long to spend the currency, 5 mn before the event ended I was 4 cats short of the second base and had 194 thingies when the last one dropped and I bought the smaller pack. I got the 2nd base and a few cats to spare in less then 2 mn :)

maxiqbert

I like the fog thing, as there is indeed quite a way to optimize things.
But you have absolutely no control on the prizes (other than the reroll thingie, that i like a lot), and that's not fun.
Plus the prizes are really bad:(

Aeva

So, I'd ideally like to see fewer buy KP quests, but if that isn't possible, then please move them later in the questline so that more players don't get hung up on them early.
I think spreading them more would help with the easier ones at the beginning and the huge numbers at the end.