• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Walpurgis Night QLE

DeletedUser2401

quick question....Is there any benefit of playing the beta?? do any rewards transfer to your main city?? you play the quest through all 48 and then have to do it all over again in your main city?? I have never done beta before so I was just wondering...thanks in advance

Loki Blue

Each game server (ie Beta, US, International, etc.) is separate, so no, there is no transferring of anything. If you want quest rewards in any other account on any other server, you have to participate in the Event on that server. Beta gets things first, the Live servers get them usually a week later.

DeletedUser118

Beta is mainly for hunting bugs and reporting them. It has nothing to do with the main worlds other than showing you a little earlier what to expect. :)

Elderflower

Sure, but a red-haired witch summoning a demon, that's so... well... clichee

Not really. The main idea is more something like this
Lovely video. It does rather imply that sort of thing is only for the young and beautiful. Those of us who are older, tubbier and perhaps slightly arthritic wouldn't look quite so well scampering around on the sand in skimpy bits of muslin. :oops:

Loki Blue

Lovely video. It does rather imply that sort of thing is only for the young and beautiful. Those of us who are older, tubbier and perhaps slightly arthritic wouldn't look quite so well scampering around on the sand in skimpy bits of muslin. :oops:

Beauty is in the eye and mind of the Beholder. We've lived lives that the young have yet to live. That's reason to celebrate. :D

DeletedUser745

Yeah, sure. But, you know, everyone has his place in this kind of ritual. It's up to you to find yours ;)

SoggyShorts

quick question....Is there any benefit of playing the beta?? do any rewards transfer to your main city?? you play the quest through all 48 and then have to do it all over again in your main city?? I have never done beta before so I was just wondering...thanks in advance
Like others said, it's mostly about bug catching.
In theory, you can help influence the games design here more so than on Live servers where it's pretty much too late. In practice, the Devs have strong feelings about the games direction, and 99% of changes go Live "as is" despite feedback and suggestions. This isn't completely on the Devs though, since we very very rarely speak with one voice here and no matter how good a suggestion is, there is often a loud minority that disagrees rendering the feedback much less useful for the devs.

Calenmir

Yes, but how can you warn someone not to do something when you constantly had quests to solve a ridiculous amount of encounters in previous events. That caused many of us to reach the point where we now are faced with only Very Hard Provinces.
Oh I know, trust me I know, but I just like that they are showing understanding and perhaps others won't get into the same situation of overscouting/clearing.

DeletedUser745

Concerning scouting, I have completed most of the events on the beta and on the live servers, never had to face very hard provinces. As I always say: scout ONLY the provinces required to progress in the tech tree

Heymrdiedier

Concerning scouting, I have completed most of the events on the beta and on the live servers, never had to face very hard provinces. As I always say: scout ONLY the provinces required to progress in the tech tree
i'm with you that it makes fighting in provinces and such much easier.
Space is more limited but that fine if you dont do much in tournament, so you dont need much armories or manufactories. if you want to do a lot in tournament, then its a big challenge to get enough room for guest race productions.

What i did notice tho and i see no way around it much, is that its a lot harder to get the needed seeds in elemental chapter. having more provinces scouted would make it a lot easier....

SoggyShorts

scout ONLY the provinces required to progress in the tech tree
what i did notice tho and i see no way around it much, is that its a lot harder to get the needed seeds in elemental chapter. having more provinces scouted would make it a lot easier....
That's why the "scout only needed" doesn't apply after chapter 6. If you stick to the min until you finish dwarves, then when you start fairies you can begin scouting 24/7 forever. You'd have to be very slow* in fairies to hit the 222 province limit where orcs are needed on the map before unlocking breeding grounds.

*Note "very slow" in this instance means scouting more than 93 provinces before you complete a chapter that can be done in a month.

Karvest

That's not only orcs needed thing. Each advanced scooting tech lowers negotiation prices for provinces scooted after tech being learned. So the more you scoot before switching chapter - more goods you will spend on negotiating. From other side in later chapters amount of closed provinces affects bonuses you get from AW and amount of seeds you can get. So anyway you'll switch to scooting 24/7 at some point. The only question - when it will happen.

SoggyShorts

That's not only orcs needed thing. Each advanced scooting tech lowers negotiation prices for provinces scooted after tech being learned. So the more you scoot before switching chapter - more goods you will spend on negotiating. From other side in later chapters amount of closed provinces affects bonuses you get from AW and amount of seeds you can get. So anyway you'll switch to scooting 24/7 at some point. The only question - when it will happen.
The pros and cons of scouting 24/7 are a very lopsided list imo

Benefits of not scouting 24/7
  • cheaper/easier fights on world map
  • cheaper/faster scout times when you need to for an event.

Benefits of scouting 24/7
  • Gain supplies from ToS
  • Gain mana from Enar's
  • Gain relics from EE
  • Gain orcs from Heroes forge
  • Gain mana from Maze
  • Gain seeds from trader
  • Gain access to traders with no fee
  • Gain KP
  • Gain relics
  • Gain runes
  • Gain neighbours to visit for coins
  • Gain expansions
Looking at that list, the orc limit is the only real reason not to max out your scouting.

Karvest

As you can see - most of benefits appear after orcs. (KP/relics/runes are easier to get from tourneys if you have not spent all goods openworld => faster grow up => early access to advanced scooting => faster/cheaper scooting/fighting/negotiating of the same provinces => having ~ same amount of provinces taken as if you've start scooting 24/7 a bit earlier). But someone may decide to start scooting 24/7 even from the beginning to gain expansions.

SoggyShorts

As you can see - most of benefits appear after orcs. (KP/relics/runes are easier to get from tourneys if you have not spent all goods openworld => faster grow up => early access to advanced scooting => faster/cheaper scooting/fighting/negotiating of the same provinces => having ~ same amount of provinces taken as if you've start scooting 24/7 a bit earlier). But someone may decide to start scooting 24/7 even from the beginning to gain expansions.
Getting an extra 10 expansions gives you so much more room to build more factories, military, or anything, that I think it outweighs the increased cost of clearing the world map.
On my youngest city I've been scouting 24/7 since near the end of chapter 5, and I've never faced a province above "medium" on the map despite skipping all SS techs that I could.

Karvest

I've started scooting 24/7 at the middle-end of fairies, now I'm at the middle of the orcs (3 weeks) and have only 14 provinces without orcs not scooted (and all of them are "Hard", cause I skipped all skipable SS techs too).
"scout only needed" is not far from 24/7 if you are progressing through 6 and 7 chapters fast enough.=)
let's see, whether it would be a big difference in expansions when I get to your current chapter (despite of the fact that I'll probably be there much faster than you and won't have time to scoot same number of provinces due to much less time needed to get there (game progression constantly speeds up but scooting mechanic haven't changed for a long time, the only thing that affects it now but was not exist earlier is time instants. I've never used them for scooting yet. So may be it would be more fair to use not current chapter as a checkpoint, but the amount of time spent in game from "the end of chapter 5")).

Loki Blue

Not to take the thread off topic, but...I have thoroughly enjoyed this QLE, it's my favorite 'mini-event' thus far, and the Nexus truly is lovely. Points to the artist and the devs. Thank you. :)

2018-04-22.png

SoggyShorts

let's see, whether it would be a big difference in expansions when I get to your current chapter (despite of the fact that I'll probably be there much faster than you and won't have time to scoot same number of provinces due to much less time needed to get there (game progression constantly speeds up but scooting mechanic haven't changed for a long time, the only thing that affects it now but was not exist earlier is time instants.
Yeah the game has gotten faster since I started, and I haven't used instants on scouts yet either(although I should)
The other big change is event buildings that give mana. It used to be that you needed 15 5x5 willows in CH9 to move at a decent pace, but now every event has better mana makers at half the size.
The buildings that give seeds, and the 80-130% bonus to FS/AW KP will be a big boost in chapter 11&12 as well.
Orcs was 42 days for me, but I was travelling across 6 countries at the time so I only logged in when jet-lag wouldn't let me sleep and everyone else had gone to bed. I think 9,10&11 took from april to nov combined, and halflings was no rush since it was the last chapter and I ended up waiting on ch12 for months anyways. Elementals took 54 days(all quests included), though I stopped for 4-5 days for the FA, and 6 days for the event.

When you finish Elementals, try to find this thread again, and see how much the game has sped up.
under 8 months is the benchmark I guess. (that would be christmas)

Dony

King of Bugs
Benefits of scouting 24/7
  • Gain supplies from ToS
  • Gain mana from Enar's
  • Gain relics from EE
  • Gain orcs from Heroes forge
  • Gain mana from Maze
  • Gain seeds from trader
  • Gain access to traders with no fee
  • Gain KP
  • Gain relics
  • Gain runes
  • Gain neighbours to visit for coins
  • Gain expansions
i personally dont see any benefit for my city here on beta in this list, i am not scounting at all for a months now and most likely wont till the end of the year, i have 350 provinces finished and have plenty others opened
  • Gain supplies from ToS - i have plenty of supplies with only 4 workshops, 2 of them are from dragon chapter, even thinking to dropping to 3 and i need to buy goods from wholesaler to get rid of it
  • Gain mana from Enar's - apart from the fact that this building looks gorgeous its too big for me and with only 10 broken shard limit yet it would make more harm then benefit
  • Gain relics from EE - have enough relics from tourny
  • Gain orcs from Heroes forge - have only 1 armory for orcs and i have like half milion of them
  • Gain mana from Maze - i dont have it here, its too big and only "usefull" for a month when there is a new chapter, i have built dragon abbey after i finished with elementals in case i need a bit more mana next time
  • Gain seeds from trader - levelling AW and collecting seeds more often do better for me
  • Gain access to traders with no fee - T1-3 goods going to be forgotten soon enough and T4-6 are on global market
  • Gain KP - have enough from tourny
  • Gain relics - have enough from tourny
  • Gain runes - have enough from tourny
  • Gain neighbours to visit for coins - coins are most useless resource in Elvenar
  • Gain expansions - the more free space you get, the more you want (and thus the more you whine about not enough free space)
Of course it has benefit for others but with my playstyle here on beta it has close to zero benefit to scout