• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser1677

So, it's fine with the little symbol on the quest.
BUT clicking on that, does'nt open the quest. So now it's harder to click the quest (because I often hit the symbol), making it even more annoying to "scroll" through quests

Marindor

Great, nothing has been done with all the feedback ! :( Still have to do a lot of clicking. :mad:

Guys, the fact that you don't see a certain change immediately in the next FA doesn't mean 'nothing has been done with it'. As I mentioned before: FA is a recurring thing which will keep evolving. To tackle the clicking of quests means we'll have to write a whole different quest mechanic and that's not an easy thing to do, so some things will take some time but all feedback is being forwarded and considered for future improvement :)

So, um... how is this FA any different from the previous ones? Seems exactly the same: Same quests, same endless clicking, same end-of-stage rewards...

The setup and rewards will regularly change but not always. This time we focused on optimizing it. The next time we will start to introduce some first few changes in setup, including new badges :)

edeba

The FA should have been canned until this could have been done.

Guys, the fact that you don't see a certain change immediately in the next FA doesn't mean 'nothing has been done with it'. As I mentioned before: FA is a recurring thing which will keep evolving. To tackle the clicking of quests means we'll have to write a whole different quest mechanic and that's not an easy thing to do, so some things will take some time but all feedback is being forwarded and considered for future improvement :)

The setup and rewards will regularly change but not always. This time we focused on optimizing it. The next time we will start to introduce some first few changes in setup, including new badges :)

Deleted User - 60107

Thanks for the explanation, but I have to agree with @edeba in this case: The FA as it is now should not have been released at all. In its current version it's a lot more likely to annoy and frustrate players than to be fun. Especially since the FA started shortly after the last event ended, so it feels like getting a new event shortly after the last.

DeletedUser118

I like that you added the badges icons to the quest giver.

Unbenannt.jpg

But wouldn't it be better if this said "Bakers Guild Badge" instead of the given name?

Dony

King of Bugs
there are other ways how to fix it without changing quests system at all while fixing other flaws of current mechanics as well

DeletedUser2158

I am not enthusiastic about the F.A. so when I read about the announcement I did not a happy bunny...I thought: "ok, It's a big stress even if it's also a challenge; The disappointment was arrived when I gave a look to the map and..the prizes. :eek: Gentlemen of the innogames, the prizes are not adequate with the task...also I'd want ask to you if we shall accumulate the orc nest and the magical mana hat?!?! At least change this prizes, put the vallorian vallor or something else more useful and different...

SoggyShorts

The developers seem to be wildly swinging back and forth with prizes.
After getting hundreds of hours of instants in the Eldrasil event, who is willing to do hundreds of extra non-boosted productions to get in the top 50 for a single lousy 30m timer?
I truly pity the FS that gets 4th place in the FA: I sure hope they somehow have fun collectively declining thousands of quests, because they certainly aren't getting rewarded for it.o_O

DeletedUser1777

But wouldn't it be better if this said "Bakers Guild Badge" instead of the given name?
Would be really nice, but I think this won't work, because of the game mechanics behind it.
As @Marindor mentioned, they plan to implement more / other badges, so my guess would be they keep the name and just change the content inside the window.

I don't think the new implemented iconset for the badges is ´helpful in any way, because it is so small, when you don't play with a really big monitor (above 22') you hardly see the difference between the different badges.At least for me it's wasted time to implement this icons :oops:

lika1961

Could we PLEASE have the list of badges in an easily accessible place (announcement window would be best)!!!! The inventory shows badge names and the quest windows production requirements. The icon in the quest window is too small to see what it is, so how do I know which badge I am producing without the list? Attention to detail please!!!!!! Just post the list in announcements!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Could we PLEASE have the list of badges in an easily accessible place (announcement window would be best)!!!! The inventory shows badge names and the quest windows production requirements. The icon in the quest window is too small to see what it is, so how do I know which badge I am producing without the list? Attention to detail please!!!!!! Just post the list in announcements!!!!!!
There is one in the announcement of the first FA: https://media.innogamescdn.com/com_ONYX_ZZ/announcements/fellowship_adventures/Table01.png

lika1961

Indeed, but it would be better not to have to leave the game to see it ;) A lot of people need step by step instructions to copy and paste, so getting them to understand how to set up an external link is a hopeless matter.

ekarat

Would be really nice, but I think this won't work, because of the game mechanics behind it.
As @Marindor mentioned, they plan to implement more / other badges, so my guess would be they keep the name and just change the content inside the window.

I don't think the new implemented iconset for the badges is ´helpful in any way, because it is so small, when you don't play with a really big monitor (above 22') you hardly see the difference between the different badges.At least for me it's wasted time to implement this icons :oops:

I doubt that the name is anything on than a text field in their game editor and that there is any reason not to change the name.

That said, it's the type of thing that's easy to slip between the cracks and be obvious in hindsight. So, please change the quest names to be useful -- what is there looks like placeholder text to me.

edeba

There isn't a single intelligently designed thing about the fellowship adventure.

Here's a picture for one of the badges. In the most important identifying place, the title bar, it says "reoccurring offer no. 8." This information is of utterly no use what-so-ever. It should be the name of the badge.

The typed message in it is not of use either, and the placement of the message in brackets is poor. That part of the message should be just above the decline and ok buttons. It only needs to say "DECLINE as needed to rotate to desired badge."

The only way you can actually see the name of the badge is by scrolling over the badge icon. It would also be useful to put the icon in title bar beside the name so people actually learn to associate the icon with the badge name.

upload_2017-11-12_8-7-48.png

edeba

And I didn't use the name of the actual badge in this message because even though my fellowship won the FA in the world I play in, I didn't learn badge names at all, and not only am I over the top sick of the scrolling, I'm over the top frustrated for how you have to go back and forth and try looking all over the place to actually figure out what needs to be done for the next needed badges in the FA map. There is nothing fun about the FA event, only frustration in every aspect of the design.

I maintain that the FA is a defective and poorly designed product that should be trashed.

There isn't a single intelligently designed thing about the fellowship adventure.

Here's a picture for one of the badges. In the most important identifying place, the title bar, it says "reoccurring offer no. 8." This information is of utterly no use what-so-ever. It should be the name of the badge.

The typed message in it is not of use either, and the placement of the message in brackets is poor. That part of the message should be just above the decline and ok buttons. It only needs to say "DECLINE as needed to rotate to desired badge."

The only way you can actually see the name of the badge is by scrolling over the badge icon. It would also be useful to put the icon in title bar beside the name so people actually learn to associate the icon with the badge name.

View attachment 3662