• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

iDavis

Can we expect in next adventures some most requested changes? Like boring clicking through quests or more valuable rewards for more than just top 3 fellowships?

Dony

King of Bugs
Is Inno going to do anything about possibility to invite several small accounts to a fellowship during the adventure?
My fellowship on rl world has paid a lot of time, resources and deleted buildings to make a good progress in the adventure and earn one of 3 main rewards. I logged in today just to see that one fellowship made a few thousands of points overnight. Another fellowship is occupying the first place, making rapid jumps of 1k points from time to time. Almost none of regular members in those fellowships have any extra workshops or manufacturies and if they do, the number is very small. Instead they have free slots or new members regularly.
i would remove all progress from player who join/left fellowship, this way it wouldnt be possible to "trade" badges and would not lock fellowships from inviting new players

SoggyShorts

i would remove all progress from player who join/left fellowship, this way it wouldnt be possible to "trade" badges and would not lock fellowships from inviting new players
players are going to cheat using push accounts regardless. Even if it's not direct by using badges, the advantage in space by having high level wonders is still huge.

The simple fix is to remove buildings and instants from the ranking rewards, and give fellowships extra prizes for getting 8,000, 12,000,15,000,18,000,21,000 points. This way cheaters are only effecting themselves.

Inno doesn't care about cheaters, and before the FA neither did I, because they didn't effect me in any way. Now they have a direct impact on what prize my fellowship gets, and I don't want that in this game.

Deleted User - 60107

We have new Adventure Items (the Wand, Magic Potion and Witch Hat)
Some more info about those items would be nice.

Anyway, I'm going to take one look at the new rewards, and if they are not MUCH better than the old ones I'm not going to bother with the new FA. By the time it arrives I will likely be in S&D and will need the space for the Campus and faculties.

Dony

King of Bugs
@Marindor It must really go throu quest system? I have worked out 2 other options without quests system (with the game systems you already have and worknig) which would work similar or even better (tons of less clicking)

Last edited:

Jaxom

I will be on vacation during this next FA and will not be able to participate. But the members of the fellowships that I lead (Beta, A and W worlds) simply do NOT think that the rewards are adequate compensation for the effort that is needed. They disrupt normal progress and just don't provide enough in return.

You simply must give normal fellowships a reason to do FAs. The diamond-player FS's can win the extra rewards but that does not apply to all players.

edeba

Glad to see the FA coming. If the mundane, treating-players-like-idiots-that-we-actually-do-it, scrolling isn't fixed I will be renewing my financial boycott vows. I was just considering lifting it a little (maybe make a purchase every 3-6 months) because Elements is out, but I will be cancelling that idea if the scrolling isn't fixed.

Deleted User - 60107

Thanks. Would have been nice if that addition to the original post was mentioned somewhere instead of leaving it to players to notice it...

The wording is a little odd. My first thought after reading "good enchantment" was "Wait, are there any bad enchantments?" Then it occured to me that it means "an enchantment that has to do with goods". Should have been "Goods enchantment" to avoid any confusion.
The wording for the Magic Potion is also a little odd. I assume it means "gain an Encorcelled Endowment" and not "gain an enchantment via NH".

@Marindor
Why not write the actual enchantment names?
Aditionally:
Wand - Gain 1 Magical Manufacturing enchantment and gain X planks (based on chapter)
Magic Potion - Gain 1 Encorcelled Endowment enchantment and gain X elixir (based on chapter)
Witch Hat - Gain 1 Power of Provision enchantment, gain X silk and gain X magic dust (based on chapter)
This way it would be a lot less confusing. And even if we are going to get some new enchantments that also count as goods, NH and Supply enchantments, you can always edit the text later and add the exact names of the enchantments.

Also, the need to gain Elixir and Magical Dust (and to a lesser extent Silk) screws over the smaller palyers, as their ability to get those goods is very limited.

Dony

King of Bugs
i hope that gain enchantment and gain goods also mean we can get enchantments from tournament and NH and goods from trading, because if not and we will need to make it all ourselves, this FA will be incredibly difficult even for fellowships with 25 x lvl5 academy they wont make all 3 ways (9 in total) in time to reach the end

SoggyShorts

i hope that gain enchantment and gain goods also mean we can get enchantments from tournament and NH and goods from trading
Even if you can, I'm not exactly looking forward to
Ask FS member to post multiple trades
Clear province #10
accept trades
hand in quest
cycle quests 13 times
Clear province #11
accept trades
hand in quest
cycle quests 13 times

repeat for however many provinces you are doing

It's great that they removed the confirmation on declining quests, but then adding 3 more badges to skip past almost brings us back to where we were.:(

SoggyShorts

I wonder if quest cycling will continue to dominate the feedback about Fellowship Adventures. :thinking:
I would imagine it will.
Once the prizes are revealed, there will be some complaints about how bad they are, and then someone will post that they don't have the space. That will be followed by another saying they don't want to build non-boosted buildings, and then all that's left to talk about is the quest cycling that will suck the whole time.
@Marindor mentioned that they are working on it, but that a change would require a total overhaul, so don't expect any changes any time soon.
For some reason inno seems to dislike small temporary fixes, and has an all or nothing approach. Take the broken rune shard issue. They say they are coming up with something, but ignore the obvious very very simple temp fix of letting us hold 20+ BRS instead of 10 while they make their super improvement.

I'm certain that there are ways to improve the quest cycling without a total overhaul. Perhaps they wouldn't be perfect, but I think many players would prefer something soon instead of everything someday.

Jixel

I'm certain that there are ways to improve the quest cycling without a total overhaul. Perhaps they wouldn't be perfect, but I think many players would prefer something soon instead of everything someday.

Agreed, and I think replacing the whole quest system is the wrong way to go. What players [1] want is :
1) A quest system similar to the one we have now, with varying goals depending on your stage of research etc
2) Some other system to register the repetitive productions required for FA

Inno seems to think that the quest system and FA system need to be the same ...

[1] At least one player, i.e. me. I speak for everyone else, of course :)

DeletedUser332

Was added to the first post in the FA announcement:

It bothers me more than it should that I have exactly the 4 boosts NOT covered by these new items: Marble, crystal, gems, and steel. Granted, steel's only going to be for sentient goods but it still kinda sucks that I won't really be able to contribute to making these items at all.

Elrondriel

It bothers me more than it should that I have exactly the 4 boosts NOT covered by these new items: Marble, crystal, gems, and steel. Granted, steel's only going to be for sentient goods but it still kinda sucks that I won't really be able to contribute to making these items at all.

As it says "gain" I would assume that trading these goods will also count, as it does on the event quests. So, this will for sure add more interaction to the fellowship market and should be very easy swapping goods around during the FA.