• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Dony

King of Bugs
Hello, I was hoping someone could clarify for my FS before we get too far in. To receive the stage reward, you only have to contribute once to any waypoint, correct? Does it matter if say I contribute to a yellow waypoint, and the FS completes the stage down the blue path, I would still receive the stage reward?
yes

DeletedUser724

you should also ask correctly in that format
do a player donate to a non-completed waypoint ( he do not involve in any completed waypoint) at that stage
do that player still award that stage reward when stage completed??

DeletedUser1901

Does it matter if say I contribute to a yellow waypoint, and the FS completes the stage down the blue path, I would still receive the stage reward?
Pretty certain that you will have to complete that Yellow Waypoint to get the rewards for the level. You don't have to complete the path, just the Waypoint you have a badge in.

DeletedUser1677

Pretty certain that you will have to complete that Yellow Waypoint to get the rewards for the level. You don't have to complete the path, just the Waypoint you have a badge in.

In answer 312 Marindoor wrote:
"As soon as you contribute, that triggers the reward system so even if the Waypoint isn't completed, it would still make you receive the reward"

SoggyShorts

In answer 312 Marindoor wrote:
"As soon as you contribute, that triggers the reward system so even if the Waypoint isn't completed, it would still make you receive the reward"
this is the only thing that helps get everyone the reward in stage 1-- have everyone put 1 marble in that yellow spot asap, then continue the FA as normal, no waiting around for everyone to get a badge in somewhere. You might end up with some leeches by teaching this to your FS, but you probably already know who they are (the ones who always get 30 points in the tournament;))

DeletedUser1163

I thought Fellowship Adventures would spark some excitement in the game. Our fellowship is communicating more and getting involved to help us complete each waypoint on the FA map. But after spending all day producing various supplies in my 10 Workshops, the excitement is starting to wane. If I had known we would be competing on a Fellowship Adventure that requires so many supplies, I would have just built Workshops in my entire city.

Working on repetitious quests to gain badges to unlock waypoints is just too time consuming. Those of us who are very busy in the “real world” will find Fellowship Adventures less an adventure, and more of a chore.

I only have 10 Workshops. This is how much time is involved for me to produce supplies to gain a Badge.

2 Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 2 = 50 mins
5 Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 5 = 2 hrs 5 mins

2 Treant Badges: Simple Tools 35x (15 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 1 hr x 2 = 2 hrs
5 Treant Badges: Simple Tools 35x (15 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 1 hr x 5 = 5 hrs

2 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 2 = 4 hrs
5 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 5 = 10 hrs

2 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 2 = 6 hrs
5 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 5 = 15 hrs

Blacksmith Guild Badge: Toolbox 5x (1 day) @ 10 workshops = 2 days

You also need goods to make these Adventure Items. Here’s the amount of time required to receive these items.
Luxurious Flacons (3 Hours), Golden Bracelet (9 Hours), Diamond Necklace (1 Day), and Elegant Statue (2 Days).

SoggyShorts

@Electra Firestorm
The Blacksmith and elegant statues are completely optional.

Also you don't need to make everything, it's a group effort. With a pretty simple google sheet you can have each member sign up to make 16 badges that are easiest for them due to space and time constraints, and you'll finish the event.

That said, it's extremely lazy/shortsighted of inno not to incorporate something like that googlesheet in the game.

DeletedUser1901

The bard being a quest giver twice is not good, in my opinion. Since we have to cycle so much, a visual cue for when to stop is nice, but the bard appearing twice can be confusing. Especially since he's on two similar quests. If you accidentally leave the Luxurious Flacon quest up because of "cycle-decline fatigue" and collect those 2 day manufactory productions for an Elegant Statue, you're gonna have a bad time.

SoggyShorts

I don't really see the need for 2 identical quests. If they were at least split into workshop and T1 quests, that could reduce the clicking by half. Granted you couldn't hand in a groceries while partway through a beverages, but I'd make that trade off.

DeletedUser1767

I think my ideal would be something like, you click a thing, it produces all of the options, and you can then select up to two of them to have open at a time. But I'd put up with pretty much anything that would reduce clicking at this point.

ophion

I think my ideal would be something like, you click a thing, it produces all of the options, and you can then select up to two of them to have open at a time. But I'd put up with pretty much anything that would reduce clicking at this point.
I think my ideal would be to drop the inane FA "incessant clicking and making goods" fiasco completely and give us all a break. This FA must be the most annoying and mind numbing boring game ever invented. How much fun can you get constantly making goods all day??? I'm going to give watching paint dry a go and see if I've been missing something.:confused:

Dony

King of Bugs
I think my ideal would be to drop the inane FA "incessant clicking and making goods" fiasco completely and give us all a break. This FA must be the most annoying and mind numbing boring game ever invented. How much fun can you get constantly making goods all day??? I'm going to give watching paint dry a go and see if I've been missing something.:confused:
there is nothing easier to make 1 day/2days productions and just be whole day away - you still contribute a lot

ophion

there is nothing easier to make 1 day/2days productions and just be whole day away - you still contribute a lot
This "game" only works if you are in between Guest races or have loads of available space to fill with workshops. For those beginning a new guest race it's almost impossible to find room to accommodate the Guest race requirements without the extra space needed for FA. Sure you can just build a couple and make 1/2 day productions but what about the need for 50 beverages @5 min intervals or the 15 min ones when you only have a few workshops? This takes so much time and effort clicking that it just becomes a nightmare....and it's not fair to those that do have some space to expect them to fill half their cities with workshops just to be able to make all this junk.

DeletedUser1777

If they were at least split into workshop and T1 quests, that could reduce the clicking by half.
Don't forget, not everyone can finish a quest in one shot. So if you are producing 9h goods and meanwhile a 3h good production is ready to collect you can't do anything until the 24h is complete?
With the current quest system, I think it was a good idea to provide 2 slots for the quests, just the usability has to be improved ;)

SoggyShorts

This "game" only works if you are in between Guest races or have loads of available space to fill with workshops.
This is why it's a team effort. With 25 players, a couple players should be between chapters.
2 players with an extra 15 workshops(25 total) can make all of the needed dwarf badges to complete all 3 stages in 9.5h. spread out along 6 days it's not as bad. That leaves 23 players to make other stuff.

With events coming more and more frequently and if FA becomes a monthly event, perhaps the best strategy going forward is not to fill every single square of space in your city with permanent/settlement buildings.
Maybe it becomes a choice between maximum efficiency in the tech tree and ease of event completion.

Don't forget, not everyone can finish a quest in one shot. So if you are producing 9h goods and meanwhile a 3h good production is ready to collect you can't do anything until the 24h is complete?
I thought about this, but was willing to trade the ability to work on 2 partially completed workshops quests at the same time for 50% less clicking. Obviously a totally different system like a drop down or being able to work on all 10 quests simultaneously would be even better, but what are the chances inno will do that?:(

Last edited:

ophion

This is why it's a team effort with 25 players, a couple players should be between chapters.
2 players with an extra 15 workshops(25 total) can make all of the needed dwarf badges to complete all 3 stages in 9.5h. spread out along 6 days it's not as bad. That leaves 23 players to make other stuff.

I thought about this, but was willing to trade the ability to work on 2 partially completed workshops quests at the same time for 50% less clicking. Obviously a totally different system like a drop down or being able to work on all 10 quests simultaneously would be even better, but what are the chances inno will do that?:(
@SoggyShorts...

All of what you say is probably quite right in an ideal world. Unfortunately as you well know...out of 25 players you are very lucky to even get a dozen wanting to play or disrupt their cities to spend time endlessly clicking...especially since most have working lives to contend with...have families or have other reasons why they can't be online every 5/15/60 mins etc.
This wouldn't be as bad a feature of the game if it were planned to run every 3 months or so....but to plan having it monthly is totally unacceptable in my opinion and takes away the fun of city building...which was what this game promised to be when I first joined.

DeletedUser1075

This is why it's a team effort. With 25 players, a couple players should be between chapters.
[...]
With events coming more and more frequently and if FA becomes a monthly event, perhaps the best strategy going forward is not to fill every single square of space in your city with permanent/settlement buildings. Maybe it becomes a choice between maximum efficiency in the tech tree and ease of event completion.

Hey Soggy, a couple of points worth considering:

1. "With 25 players, a couple players should be between chapters." Actually no, this doesn't work. On Beta where half of us are twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next guest race this may happen, but on live servers most players are not generally "between" chapters for very long, since they are putting new portals in as they remove old settlements. Sure, it may take a week, but no guarantees that the week they're restructuring is the week of the next event. And for the 3-4 months after a guest race launch, you can bet that almost no one will be between chapters within the fellowship you're in on Beta. So while the timing of this event worked, I think going forward your suggestion may not pan out.

2. "The best strategy going forward is not to fill every single square of space in your city with permanent/settlement buildings" - okay, but who is going to give up the valuable space? Who are you nominating to take one for the team? Because an extra 15 workshops takes quite a bit of space and some population as well, which then takes away from rank and ability to get mana/goods/supplies of some sort. It's a tradeoff. The people who make this tradeoff will then be signing up for boring rote repetition of collecting supplies every time one of these events is run. I am struggling to understand why anyone would want to make the game personally harder and more rote in order to help their FS during each event.

The event was great to see, but when the excitement of "it's an event" died down everyone seemed to realize it is really boring. I hope the devs do some tweaks to make this more interesting and less rote clicking going forward.

SoggyShorts

@ophion
Then how do you balance it so that these 2 fellowships both have an appropriate level of challenge/reward?
FS #1 A dozen members willing to participate, can't be online for 5/15/60 minutes.
FS #2 25 members all willing to do their part.
?
They already split the FA into 4 levels of completion
  • Stage 1: incredibly easy, only need to make one badge per FS member, small prize.
  • Stage 2: Still quite simple, only asks for 4 badges per FS member, slightly better prize that is aimed at players in chapters 8+ (keep in mind each FA will have new different prizes)
  • Stage 3: Much more challenging. Best suited for a FS with active participating members. Significantly better prize that is aimed at players in chapters 8+ (keep in mind each FA will have new different prizes)
  • Ranking prizes: only for the truly hardcore fellowships.
If you are in a stage 1 or stage 2 FS, and the rewards are important enough to you that you want to switch to a stage 3 FS, I'm sure you can do that.