• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features PvP

DeletedUser

Elvenar is defined as fantasy city builder. So I think that the focus is to build something and not to destroy something. I personally don`t like PvP but I support this idea, if this feature are a optional thing.
Many free browser games are known as pay to win games, because it is the best to make money for a company. But the disadvantages for the common player are well known. I never play games without a good/easy possibility to avoid a unfair fight.

Other players wants to fight and love this brutal killing style, so I think it is generally a good idea (if optional) to expand the potential circle of customers.

DeletedUser126

If you insert link I would love to support your idea elsewhere :D

It was a reply to msg i got from developers a month ago asking me about direct input about the game, suggestions and ideas. I wrote them a very long post listing many ideas that are not listed on forums. If you want i can post the whole mail in a new topic.

DeletedUser236

It was a reply to msg i got from developers a month ago asking me about direct input about the game, suggestions and ideas. I wrote them a very long post listing many ideas that are not listed on forums. If you want i can post the whole mail in a new topic.

Dunno if they accept that since there is more than one idea in it.. Maybe you can pick the ideas you think are best and improve game play most and make some new (separate) forum posts about it in the ideas section so we can support your ideas :D Maybe people even add some awesome new stuff to your ideas!

DeletedUser43

You can post your ideas in the already existing, corresponding threads and make new threads for new ideas. Please keep in mind to only suggest one idea per thread: if you post multiple ideas in one thread, the Ideas Forum becomes unclear. ;)

DeletedUser126

You can post your ideas in the already existing, corresponding threads and make new threads for new ideas. Please keep in mind to only suggest one idea per thread: if you post multiple ideas in one thread, the Ideas Forum becomes unclear. ;)

I wont bother posting anything on this forum, the way the moderators behave is intolerable. Anything they dont like is instantly deleted. As will be this msg.

I like the game but this behaviour is unprofessional and unethical.

If anyone needs any help in game contact me directly as i posted in the topic before it got deleted it wont be using thos forum any more with this kind of behaviour here. Its waste of time.

We've sent you a message with the reason why we did what we did. Further discussion about this can be done via support, as this is not the place to discuss such things. It would be appreciated if we could go back on-topic here. :)

DeletedUser126

Sorry, but that was last straw for me. Its not the first issue i have with moderators here.

Good luck im out from this forums. I run my own website i dont need this.

You wont see me on the forums any more.

If anyone wants the Tips and Tricks Topic to be continued they will have to repost it and edit it themselves :)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
In common with several others here I would be reluctant to see pvp here become a central part of the game. If there is to be pvp I would like it to be different from the pvp elements of other games. How to make that so is not something I have any clear ideas on at the moment... maybe others here can come forward with ideas for a different style or kind of pvp to that which we have seen in other Inno games. Like mahannop's idea for a different kid of reward maybe?

PVP rewards are not points for expanding your city, but various include spacial buildings especially for military purpose.
For example
Tower : giving defense bonus
Mercenaries : Thieves, Mortars, Necromancers, Knights, etc.
Items for heroes.

Certainly I would not like to see any kind of plunder or city takeover style pvp - I really like my peaceful game :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser236

Maybe use a PvP Arena. You can enter a weeklong tournament where you can attack other participants every day (or every 23 hours). But you don't have to. The prizes could be resources, maybe even goods for the best. And even if you attack your neighbor in the tower you can still help them and you dont have to risk your resources, you can not be plundered.

I like this idea.. Especially if you combine it with some other ideas here on the forum (this one(click) or this one(click) or maybe this one (click))..

In common with several others here I would be reluctant to see pvp here become a central part of the game. If there is to be pvp I would like it to be different from the pvp elements of other games.

There are already a lot of ideas for pvp, we just need to see if we can combine them in one solid idea that makes everyone happy..
I think arena/the option the choose if you want to fight is a nice starting point :)

DeletedUser

if we can combine them in one solid idea that makes everyone happy..
oh oh oh... :D this is a very very difficult job. But I like the idea with an arena or something else. In The-West you can fight against other like an arena, but the most players ignore it, because the reward is to bad. So it is very difficult to give a feature the right reward. If you push the reward, the people MUST do this to get on the top. In this case Elvenar will be transformed into a PvP game. So the right feature need a right balanced reward.

DeletedUser236

oh oh oh... :D this is a very very difficult job.

I expected someone to say by now "challenge accepted" :p

So the right feature need a right balanced reward.

Let's see and get some opinions, what do people think is a balanced reward?
Goods, coins, supplies, KP, or maybe if we think in the line of heroes etc a boost for your army?

DeletedUser

In FoE you can either help a neighbor or attack them in 24 hours. Elvenar could use an other system. Maybe use a PvP Arena. You can enter a weeklong tournament where you can attack other participants every day (or every 23 hours). But you don't have to. The prizes could be resources, maybe even goods for the best. And even if you attack your neighbor in the tower you can still help them and you dont have to risk your resources, you can not be plundered.

But the users should be separated, so everyone would have a chance. Maybe separate by research progress. (Each 'age' would go in a different PvP tower and you can only fight in your tower.)

It's just a plain idea, but I think this might actually work. I know it's kinda raw now, please help me polishing it :D
I have played with an arena in a mmorpg. Great idea, works well. Players are fighting against other in a even way, noobies won't get killed within a week. I noticed with Grepolis that the small players are destroyed very fast so that they have to restart until find a good spot. I like the idea of the arena.

DeletedUser442

I rather not have PVP on here. This is a building game, not a war game. If it would implemented in this game, it would be a part that would get very neglected by me. The battles with npc monsters is enough for me.

DeletedUser

I rather not have PVP on here. This is a building game, not a war game. If it would implemented in this game, it would be a part that would get very neglected by me. The battles with npc monsters is enough for me.

Voluntary PvP would be the best option. I can understand some people would love some PvP, and i can understand that some don't. An Arena based PvP option where people can sign up for battle would be a great way to satisfy all. Those who just want to build can continue to do so.

In PvP arena battles only the army you brought with you can die, your city will stay intact. they could implement something like a round robin, people can sign up for PvP and the system will then set up a battle between player A and B, and the winner will continue to fight against the winner of player C vs D until only one player remains to claim victory.

DeletedUser

...until only one player remains to claim victory
and the reward is a cup to present in a hall of fame.
Such a pvp would be really optional.

DeletedUser

There would ofcourse be a ranking list where people can show off their awesomeness ;)

DeletedUser43

Voluntary PvP would be the best option. I can understand some people would love some PvP, and i can understand that some don't. An Arena based PvP option where people can sign up for battle would be a great way to satisfy all. Those who just want to build can continue to do so.

Nosferatu gives a good summary of what the posts in this thread have been about so far. I think we have to take this as a base on which we can develop the idea. The base would thus be a voluntary PvP arena that's separate from your city.

Of course, the question about a suitable reward remains.
So I'd like to ask everyone who wants to play PvP: what kind of reward do you expect? Which reward is high enough for you to play PvP? Which reward wouldn't be enough?

DeletedUser

One possibility: Combined with a different idea here from the forum I suggest points for a new ranking system. If coins, supplies or goods are winnable, it will not be really optional.

DeletedUser

How about a culture building you can only get your hands on by defeating all other players who participated, something like a statue of a warrior holding a trophy, so that everyone who visits your city can see it.