• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.27

DeletedUser1777

isn't that info you can easily find on elvenarchitect?

or even the Wiki

what the max MH/workshop/residence levels are

Soggs asked for max level, and this information is not completly entered in Wiki

MH Elves - there is a gap between 3 and dwarfes
upload_2017-3-31_18-8-1.png

Workshop Elves
upload_2017-3-31_18-9-25.png

Deleted User - 60107

There is no gap - once you have researched Superior Main Hall your MH can be upgraded to level 15 even if you are still in Chapter III. Same with the Superior Workshops - once you have researched the tech you can upgrade your Workshops regardless of current chapter. Of course, most players won't do the upgrades so soon because of the cost, but it is possible.

DeletedUser1877

A sample of workshop page from the Wiki:

Workshop Information Elves

Level Requirements Costs Benefits
Production
1 2x2 18 0 10s 500 0
29/h
2 2x2 6 2 1m 30s 3.700 94
53/h
3 2x2 8 5 2h 30m 13.000 330
74/h
4 2x2 8 7 3h 08m 29.000 700
94/h
5 3x2 32 21 3h 53m 43.000 1.000
169/h
6 3x2 9 6 4h 46m 63.000 1.500
196/h
7 3x2 12 6 5h 48m 84.000 1.900
223/h
8 3x2 14 6 7h 01m 110.000 2.600
249/h
9 4x3 130 63 8h 25m 140.000 3.200
547/h
10 4x3 32 11 9h 03m 180.000 4.100
596/h

Note the chapter markers?

DeletedUser1877

Soggy saying Wiki doesn't have the chapters info
Couldn't get image to go right :(

SoggyShorts

Note the chapter markers?
Riiiight.... dunno how I missed that.
I do see that workshops are very different for elf and human that early (and VERY small)
Even if I worked out whether an Endless Excavation makes more supplies per square than a tiny workshop does, comparing a 5x4 to a 2x2 is kinda silly.
I think players at those levels can just hover over thier tooltips and see if an EE is right for them.

DeletedUser1992

So are they seriously going to ignore all of the feedback concerning the Golden Abyss? Seriously? Just ignore it until it goes away? Or did I miss a response?

Marindor

No feedback is being ignored, everything is forwarded. That doesn't mean that everything will get an immediate response however. Feedback is being considered, we will investigate the actual numbers (for Beta as well as for Live) and when it turns out that things have to be altered, they will be.

DeletedUser1992

No feedback is being ignored, everything is forwarded. That doesn't mean that everything will get an immediate response however. Feedback is being considered, we will investigate the actual numbers (for Beta as well as for Live) and when it turns out that things have to be altered, they will be.

That helps, thanks. I do understand ... I also just get suspicious when days or weeks go by and its all just silence, except for comments on unrelated items ;).

DeletedUser1992

Although, @Marindor, I just wanted to point out that technically if someone hears or receives something without even acknowledging, responding, correcting, or otherwise addressing the issue to the person or people communicating it ... that IS kind of the textbook definition of being ignored :), because perception is often reality.

Moot point, however, now that you acknowledged it, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

we will investigate the actual numbers (for Beta as well as for Live)
Does this imply that there will be no change to the GA before it goes live?
Or am I misinterpreting, and you are investigating Beta GA vs current Live GA?

While the backlash of this has been heard on Beta, I imagine it will be much louder if it goes live without change since we go up from thousands of experienced beta testers to hundreds of thousands of live players.

I really appreciate that the wonders are getting a balancing pass, it's a change that was both wanted and needed. This particular one fell a little short, but that is why we have a Beta server right?

I understand that almost all changes are for balancing reasons, but this time the low end nerf seems unnecessary.
I don't think anyone felt that chapter 3 players with a level 2 GA needed to be nerfed.

Just as an example, I have a FS member that filled the GA. It started at 22 population, and after upgrading her MH and workshops it's now at 31 population. An Ancient wonder in a 3x3 space equal to a level 1 residence? Surely that needs some love.

Marindor

@ShadowsFell : As I have often explained, all feedback is always forwarded so you can trust on that. To me it makes little sense to tell you that every time we get feedback, for that's just a part of my job and that's what we always do. When we have an answer on something that has content, we will give it to you but as long as we don't, there's not much to say.

@SoggyShorts : We will investigate the numbers of players for who this will be a positive change and for those for whome it will be a negative change. The number of negatively influenced players is quite low so far, though of course these are the players that you hear the most on the forums. We'll look deeper into the actual numbers (also with a prediction for these numbers on the Live server), will then consider it in regards to the intention of the rebalancing and based on that, things might be adjusted or stay the way they are.

Deleted User - 60107

Most players on Beta don't have the Golden Abyss, so they are not affected at all.

Of those that have it not everyone is affected negatively.

Combine the two together and it's no surprise it seems like only a low number is affected negatively.

Now that (population-wise) the GA is worse than a house in the early chapters the number of players that will want to build one will drop. Does that count as a negative effect on players?

SoggyShorts

We will investigate the numbers of players for who this will be a positive change and for those for whome it will be a negative change.
Thank you for the explanation. How easy is that to check, can the developers filter players by those with a GA, and from that list do a side by side comparison? I've always wondered exactly how much info is easily accessible.
When we have an answer on something that has content, we will give it to you but as long as we don't, there's not much to say.
I think where some forum members get anxious is with a lack of return feedback.
When I'm waiting in line at the bank, but the open teller is busy doing something, I know "she'll be right with me", and in truth her telling me "she'll be right with me" is a waste of everyone's time--but it's still nice of her to say it :p

Like you said, you forward all feedback(we know this), and you are investigating it(of course you are) but I have to admit, even knowing those things, I felt better about it once you said them (again);)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1657

@Marindor Part of the issue and the bigger part I think is not the number of people affected but that the new method makes this wonder useless at low levels. This is more likely to show after the update with people not building it before a certain era or even deleting it (although most won't delete it if its level 2 or higher due to lost KP).

While the gold of the GA might be better than a house in the early eras the population is really the key stat people will look at.

DeletedUser283

and what about the messed-up symbols above the buildings ?
(dung for gold coins is hilarious)
no need for a bug report, though, the world is being updated again :)
in other news, several members of the dev team have been seen checking in at the funny farm today :p

SoggyShorts

It's not looking good- The April TV episode has Timon talking about the GA with specific examples of how much worse the GA is for players in chapters 1-4, but he's talking about it like it's a good thing....

Deleted User - 60107

Yeah, that was really weird. First he mentioned how currently the GA gives a fixed 200 population at level 1, then he showed an example of a GA that gives 75 population at level, and how that increased to 77 population after starting an upgrade. And apparently we are supposed to be excited by the change because eventually, in the future, we will get to a point where the GA will be giving us 4000 population... Hello, Elvenar to Timon! Not everyone is that far into the game!

Prior to Fairies the GA is worse than before, especially if it is above level 1. I fail to see how this is in any way a good thing.

Sir Squirrel

lol yeah funny stuff, then Timon says it will be great at level 10. How are we to get it there now with less KP's (for most of us lower players) in the tourneys?