• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Changes in declining quests

DeletedUser880

PLEASE, PLEASE REVERSE THIS 'UPGRADE' UNTIL YOU HAVE WORKED THROUGH ALL OF OUR COMMENTS AND ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE A SENSIBLE CHANGE - SOMETIMES PEOPLE GET THINGS WRONG - JUST ACCEPT THAT THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE CASES AND DO THE DECENT THING.

GOING BACK IS A SIGN THAT YOUR ARE LISTENING, NOT AN ADMISSION OF FAILURE.

I would not normally write in capitals - it is a sign of shear frustration.

DeletedUser1095

If the developers' aim is to force players to have workshops, instead of slowing the game down for everybody why not simply have a repeating "have four (or however many) workshops" that's geared to appear every time a player has fewer than the desirable number?

And yes, please reverse this change until you've got a sensible solution, because this isn't one.

DeletedUser

I don't really care for it. Sure I made a couple of times use of skipping through but generally I ignored the side quests. I get that most people don't think ahead and do not think of their economy which are obviously not suited for large operations. So I will just say it. Make the quests more fun.

DeletedUser1232

Wonderful... today no quest!
The first: train 500 sorceress.... simply absurd
The second: complete 1 workshop upgrade... all to level 15, I havent workshop to upgrade!
My compliments to Inno Games!

DeletedUser1095

I wonder if the people who came up with this "decline-once-a-day" approach have considered this side effect:
I'm stuck waiting to decline the ill-designed "train 500 sorceresses" quest, and while I wait I don't want to upgrade any buildings, because the next quest might be "upgrade that building you just upgraded" and I won't be able to skip it. I don't want to fight or negotiate any provinces, because the next quest might be "fight & win x battles", "gain 4 relics", "complete 4 encounters" or "complete a province", and I won't be able to skip them. I don't want to upgrade my roads or plant any cultural stuff, lest the next quest turn out to be "gain 100 culture", and I won't be able to skip it. I don't want to put in any new housing, because ... well, you get the picture, right?

So I'm virtually at a standstill until I can get rid of that ill-designed quest.
What a fun and entertaining game you've created - bravo Inno! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

I could skip 3 quests in a row
has the limitation been removed ?

DeletedUser264

Was the change really reversed? I can decline quests again! You cannot even imagine how happy I am, thank you devs. :):):):):)

DeletedUser1232

It's really!! Well done Inno, try alternative solution, but noti this!! :):):)

DeletedUser1355

Not sure this rollback is wonderful
I've completely modified my town, deleted level 15 factories to create more workshops
Those factories made possible for me to help all the beginners in our brotherhood and now I'm not able anymore to buy their goods on the market.
I've therefore lost 600 places in the players rank and now we are back to the previous solution.
This is completely insane! once again no warnings !
Can Innogames confirm its policy regarding this new modification ?

DeletedUser880

Thanks for rolling back the change Inno but please warn us of details of changes planned so that your beta testers can alert you to potential risks rather than causing severe aggravation like you have this time.

DeletedUser1095

Thank you very much for rolling it back - but we need clarity about the developers' intentions so that we can plan appropriately. Thanks.

DeletedUser199

It seems the just changed to the old catastrophic scenery. I'm stuck with two repeatable quests for another day.

Due to the feedback we received from you all, we have decided not to implement the feature as it currently is on Beta on the live servers next week. For more information, please check out this announcement.

DeletedUser1095

Due to the feedback we received from you all, we have decided not to implement the feature as it currently is on Beta on the live servers next week. For more information, please check out this announcement.

I'm very confused now. For a few minutes I was able to decline a series of quests, just like before the update, but that announcement sounds like you haven't removed the limitation to one decline per day. Right now I have two quests I want to complete, so I can't check for myself, so please clarify what the current status is and how long it's going to stay that way. Thank you.

DeletedUser590

Roll back lasted only one hour... So let's see the next steps !
One point Muf-Muf : as you open the door to a better system, why don't you provisionaly maintain the declinable quest system on the beta (which is, I agree, far from being perfect, but which is clearly better than the present "blocking" system), as we now all understood that none of these 2 system will be implemented at the end ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser264

...On Beta, however, we don't want to go back to the old system that we had. Instead, we want to improve the system that we currently have, and we need your help to achieve this. ...
The current system is idiotic, it makes the game nearly impossible to be played. Almost everybody is saying that to you and you will hear that again and again as long as people don't get bored with repeating the whole thing. Why do you want to improve something that doesn't work at all and is leading people to frustration and anger, instead of taking a step back and starting changes from something that was working and keeping players satisfied? :confused:

DeletedUser118

Muf-Muf honestly, what kind of feedback are you expecting from us now? It goddamn sucks!!! How many more people have to tell you that? What other feedback are you expecting? We gave you lots and lots of ideas now. I highly doubt there will be any other feedback showing. Don't you understand that?

Nobody wants it, nobody likes it. Why are you keeping it here while the life servers not gonna get it? Do you want us to leave and play on the life servers instead? If so, ok then let us know about it. But please don't come up with such lame excuses. And yes, I'm very pissed off at how you guys are fooling around with us who should actually provide you help.

If you want to work on the feature, ok, if you want feedback from us for further changes, ok, we gave you that. But why are you still keeping it here? Plz answer me that simple question.

Take back that update from Beta as well, work on it and inform us about the changes so we can talk about it and AFTER WE AGREED on it, bring it back to the world. That's the way it should work, not this way.

DeletedUser590

Muf-Muf honestly, what kind of feedback are you expecting from us now?
I will no longer give any feedback as long as I don't see clear intentions from Inno to change things. You did half of the way : on one hand you say you will not put that change on live server (good idea I think), on the other hand you take the risk beta testers to leave making them turn crazy.

What will happen now : no more "technical" feedback (you've got a lot of stuff indeed !), probabily other very acid and upset posts, and at the end massive exodus.

I'm really tired. Over.