• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Changes in declining quests

DeletedUser1231

it make 2 days since the system of repetitive quests to evolve and my opinion changed on this matter at first
I was very disappointed because as many I had become used to have everything in abundance (gold, the goods and resources) and I thought I would lose everything
Not at all, even without making the quests (those that I had for 2 days did not suit to me and I thus waited to spend them) I managed all the same to gain enough gold and the goods to run my factories to the full, I was even able to buy some resources because I had too much gold while I connect only 2 or 3 times a day.

My conclusion is thus that the game is everything made doable in good condition without these famous quests (it is just slightly longer for the newcomers on the game).
The game passed of " I click hundreds of times a day " in " I reflected to optimize my space " what is for me a good thing.

It remains now to improve these quests which are too numerous and not rather attractive by putting it again gain (diamonds, not boosted resources, units of fights,...) and it will be completed.

DeletedUser283

same here
got rid of non-boosted manufactories (they were beautiful, though :( )
removed some houses
my culture surplus took a boost in the process, and I have space available to park those guest races when they arrive :)
and this afternoon, I completed the "gain 3000 goods" quest in a whim, and had to use the wholesaler because I already had to many coins and supplies to collect the reward :cool:
yesterday I had the "gain 4 relics" quest, so I resumed fighting and solved 4 encounters; in a row.
now I am waiting to decline the "produce bread" and "gain 100 population" quests :
I produce on 3 hours cycles to synchronize my manufactories and my workshops and I have enough population as it is, thanks;
to make it clear : I do not decline quests because I want to have more rewarding quests instead, I decline quests because they are either undoable (upgrade what ?) or just not worth the trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser880

Muf-Muf - you requested details of why many of the quests are not practical for players. I have looked at all of the quests available to me in the US server Arendyll and the implications for me in each case - I am sorry to bore you with a lot of details but hope you will find it demonstrates that quests are not practical in many cases and provide inadequate rewards in many others. An asterisk indicates 8 of the 24 quests which are reasonable for me to achieve.

*Supplies Supply Security - Gain 5000 Supplies - Reward - 100000 Coins 0 Supplies - Ok
*Our Taxes - Gain 150000 Coins - Reward - 0 Coins 10000 Supplies - Ok
*Sufficient Goods - Gain 3000 goods - Reward - 60000 Coins 4000 Supplies - Ok
*Borondal for the People - Produce Bread 8 times (1 Hr) - Reward - 70000 Coins 3000 Supplies - Ok but rewards should be supplies*
*More Tools - Produce 5 Advanced Tools (3 Hr) - Reward - 80000 Coins 2000 Supplies - Ok but rewards should be supplies

Noble Residences - Upgrade 1 Residence L6+ - Reward - 40000 Coins 6000 Supplies - No space
Striving for Improvement - Upgrade 2 Buildings L6+ - Reward - 10000 Coins 9000 Supplies - No space
Good Supplies - Upgrade 1 Manufactory L6+ - Reward - 50000 Coins 5000 Supplies - No space
Improved Production - Upgrade 1 Boosted Manufactory L6+ - Reward - 30000 Coins 7000 Supplies - No space
Perfect Logistics - Upgrade 1 Workshop L6+ - Reward - 30000 Coins 7000 Supplies - No space
Increasing Population - Gain 100 Population - Reward - 95000 Coins 500 Supplies - No space

Showing Elven Strength - Fight 3 encounters - Reward - 70000 Coins 3000 Supplies - Ok in principle if I have enough provinces where I can actually win a battle - this is now almost impossible as armies are too strong and there is nothing I can do to improve my troops - unable to do quest

*Basic Goods - Gain 2000 Marble - Reward - 90000 Coins 1000 Supplies - Cost for me to produce 8,800 coins & 880 supplies in 4 building in 6 hours gives a good reward but a reward in other basic goods would be more appropriate
*Crafted Goods - Gain 2000 Silk - Reward - 50000 Coins 5000 Supplies - Cost for me to produce 34,880 coins & 3,488 supplies in 4 building in 3 hours gives a decent reward but a reward in other crafted goods would be more appropriate
*Magical Goods - Gain 2000 Gems - Reward - 30000 Coins 7000 Supplies - Cost for me to produce 174,600 coins & 17,400 supplies in 3 building in 3 hours gives about 28% discount - reward in other magical goods would be more appropriate

More Relics - Gain 4 Relics - Reward - 60000 Coins 4000 Supplies - Cost for me to negotiate 4 sectors - 15,200 basic, 11,000 crafted & 17,000 magical goods - reward not worthwhile
On to Distant Lands - Complete a Province - Reward - 40000 Coins 6000 Supplies - Cost for my last province was 30,300 basic, 32,400 crafted & 34,300 magical goods - reward not worthwhile
Knowledge from all over the World - Solve 4 encounters - Reward - 60000 Coins 4000 Supplies - Cost for me to negotiate 4 sectors - 15,200 basic, 11,000 crafted & 17,000 magical goods - reward not worthwhile

Assisting the Ancestors - Build 1 Altar of the Forefathers - Reward - 7000 Coins 7000 Supplies - The wrong shape to fit into my city if I did need a small amount of culture and not something I need as I have sufficient culture and no space left - cost 40,800 coins & 5690 supplies so not worth doing to sell off again - not sure why this is a declinable quest
More Culture - Gain 100 Culture - Reward - 15000 Coins 8500 Supplies - The quickest way to do this would be Natures Blessing in 1.11 hours, costing 27,200 coins & 3,800 supplies - reward not worthwhile even if I had space to build and knock down again

Advanced Tactics - Train 1000 Units - Reward - 70000 Coins 3000 Supplies - My barracks is at level 15 and it would take me 187 hours to train 1000 treants costing 26,000 supplies (which I use) or 10 hours for 1000 sword dancers costing 16,000 supplies (which I don't now use as they can't win in any combination) so the quest is worthless to me
Spiritual Reinforcements - Train 500 Sorceresses - Reward - 40000 Coins 10000 Supplies - I have 1,400 Sorceresses and don’t need more - cost 64,000 supplies - reward not worthwhile

Admirable Altars Please - Produce 3 Admirable Altars - Reward - 10000 Coins 0 Supplies 500 Marble - 3 x 24 hour productions cost me 10,380 coins & 1,038 supplies giving 2,499 marble plus a bonus of 500 marble - I would normally produce a minimum of 1 x 9 hour and 3 x 3 hour productions costing me 15,960 coins and 1,596 supplies giving 3,843 marble in the same period - unless I play only once per day why would I want to do this quest and slow down my goods production
Gorgeous Pennants Please - Produce 3 Gorgeous Penant - Reward - 20000 Coins 0 Supplies 200 Silk - 3 x 24 hour productions cost me 82,200 coins & 8,220 supplies giving 4,948 silk plus a bonus of 200 silk - I would normally produce a minimum of 1 x 9 hour and 3 x 3 hour productions costing me 96,180 coins and 9,618 supplies giving 7,599 silk in the same period - unless I play only once per day why would I want to do this quest and slow down my goods production
Pompous Wall Decorations Please - Produce 3 Pompous Wall Decorations - Reward - 20000 Coins Supplies 200 Gems - 3 x 24 hour productions cost me 549,000 coins & 54,900 supplies giving 8,241 gems plus a bonus of 200 gems - I would normally produce a minimum of 1 x 9 hour and 3 x 3 hour productions costing me 813,600 coins and 81,300 supplies giving 12,690 gems in the same period - unless I play only once per day why would I want to do this quest and slow down my goods production

DeletedUser967

Perfect LordBrian :D

Muf-Muf thats the quest which I told about
*Supplies Supply Security - Gain 5000 Supplies - Reward - 100000 Coins 0 Supplies - Ok
*Borondal for the People - Produce Bread 8 times (1 Hr) - Reward - 70000 Coins 3000 Supplies - Ok but rewards should be supplies*
*More Tools - Produce 5 Advanced Tools (3 Hr) - Reward - 80000 Coins 2000 Supplies - Ok but rewards should be supplies
Here are hmmm 2(?) quests more - complete province for 4500(?) supply and something else for winning 3 sectors in province.
Others - are no needed :)

DeletedUser118

Now that's a nice list. I really like it. Thanks for that LordBrain. :)

Though, I have two things to add.

First is:

"More Culture - Gain 100 Culture - Reward - 15000 Coins 8500 Supplies - The quickest way to do this would be Natures Blessing in 1.11 hours, costing 27,200 coins & 3,800 supplies - reward not worthwhile even if I had space to build and knock down again"

You can have that way faster if you use a mixture of Luminous Signposts or Purple Blossom Trees. It takes only a few minutes and and not that much free space either.

Second thing is that if you don't have enough space and still have some expansions missing, you can always buy them with diamonds. I know that many ppl don't like spending money. But Innogames still is a company who wants to make profit with games like these. So of course they will try to see your space being limited so you have no other choice but to buy something. ;)

DeletedUser880

Now that's a nice list. I really like it. Thanks for that LordBrain. :)

Though, I have two things to add.

First is:

"More Culture - Gain 100 Culture - Reward - 15000 Coins 8500 Supplies - The quickest way to do this would be Natures Blessing in 1.11 hours, costing 27,200 coins & 3,800 supplies - reward not worthwhile even if I had space to build and knock down again"

You can have that way faster if you use a mixture of Luminous Signposts or Purple Blossom Trees. It takes only a few minutes and and not that much free space either.

Second thing is that if you don't have enough space and still have some expansions missing, you can always buy them with diamonds. I know that many ppl don't like spending money. But Innogames still is a company who wants to make profit with games like these. So of course they will try to see your space being limited so you have no other choice but to buy something. ;)

Your point about lampposts is fine Katzenprinz - but is it really intended that quests should require that 5 items be built and then ripped down again?

My city is fully expanded and I have Province expansions available to use but nowhere to put them until the city space is enlarged.

DeletedUser1037

@ulQuiorra
It would be really a pity, if only these five quests would stay. I like them, I solve them (normally several times a day), but as a long as I worked on my city and on the tech-tree I also often used
- "Upgrade a residence",
- "Upgrade a workshop",
- "Upgrade a (boosted) manufactory",
- "Upgrade two buildings",
- "Research a technology".

You have to upgrade and to research in any way, so why not becoming a bit rewarded for this improvement?

F. e. the Quest "Upgrade your mainhall" appears only as long as your mainhall has not reached level 15. With the above-named quests should the same thing be possible: Let them only appear as long as there are buildings to be upgraded and technologies to research. If every building is on level 15 they should simply disappear.

But the problem stays: The limitation of only declining one quest per day is ridiculous.

ophion

How crazy is it that I get a quest to upgrade a manufactory to level 6 or higher...that is undeclinable...when I've completed the tech tree several months ago...all buildings are at level 15 and there are no more expansions available???
Is this the way of progress in making the game better?
I sometimes wonder if the devs have any idea what their players need or even listen?
Many of my friends have up and left the game out of exasperation with this update and I can see a lot more following in their footsteps.
If this update had been implemented after we had been given a new tech tree to uncover then it might have made sense... with new possibilities of expansions and the chance of acquiring new buildings etc... but as it is...it would be laughable if it wasn't so downright stupid.
Some of us have waited months to hear of new content added so we can start to play the game again...but instead we get this ridiculous update that p's us all off to the point of giving up altogether.:((

DeletedUser967

Lisandella I didn't tell that these 5 quests should stay just these 5 quests are really profitable and important. Quests which you mentioned are not that important. I personally think these quest completly aren't important - yes you can do it during build your city, but rewards for them are not good for long way.

DeletedUser118

Your point about lampposts is fine Katzenprinz - but is it really intended that quests should require that 5 items be built and then ripped down again?

Of course not but that wasn't the purpose of my reply anyways. All I wanted to say was, that you can gain the 100 cultural points way faster than you mentioned. I agree with you that quests like this don't really make much sense if you have to build and tear down something again. But luckily solving such problems is not my job but the one of Innogames. :)

DeletedUser651

I disagree and agree with some of what LordBrian said based on how I play:

I agree with all of those.

Noble Residences - Upgrade 1 Residence L6+ - Reward - 40000 Coins 6000 Supplies - No space
Striving for Improvement - Upgrade 2 Buildings L6+ - Reward - 10000 Coins 9000 Supplies - No space
Good Supplies - Upgrade 1 Manufactory L6+ - Reward - 50000 Coins 5000 Supplies - No space
Improved Production - Upgrade 1 Boosted Manufactory L6+ - Reward - 30000 Coins 7000 Supplies - No space
Perfect Logistics - Upgrade 1 Workshop L6+ - Reward - 30000 Coins 7000 Supplies - No space

I agree with all of those. I never do them. At some point, these quests should drop off for good. They can stay in the beginning of the tech tree, or stay forever, but at least make is so we can permanently delete them from our quest revolving list.

Increasing Population - Gain 100 Population - Reward - 95000 Coins 500 Supplies - No space

It doesn't take much space for this one, and I use it all the time.

Showing Elven Strength - Fight 3 encounters - Reward - 70000 Coins 3000 Supplies - Ok in principle if I have enough provinces where I can actually win a battle - this is now almost impossible as armies are too strong and there is nothing I can do to improve my troops - unable to do quest

For some players this quest is useless. For some of us we still use it. I know I use it a lot and need it so I can get the coins I need to be able to scout. Again....make it permanently able to be deleted for those that can't use it.

*Basic Goods - Gain 2000 Marble - Reward - 90000 Coins 1000 Supplies - Cost for me to produce 8,800 coins & 880 supplies in 4 building in 6 hours gives a good reward but a reward in other basic goods would be more appropriate

I disagree. I need the coins and supplies reward in order to set the goods production again. I would like that to remain

*Crafted Goods - Gain 2000 Silk - Reward - 50000 Coins 5000 Supplies - Cost for me to produce 34,880 coins & 3,488 supplies in 4 building in 3 hours gives a decent reward but a reward in other crafted goods would be more appropriate

I disagree. I need the coins and supplies reward in order to set the goods production again. I would like that to remain

*Magical Goods - Gain 2000 Gems - Reward - 30000 Coins 7000 Supplies - Cost for me to produce 174,600 coins & 17,400 supplies in 3 building in 3 hours gives about 28% discount - reward in other magical goods would be more appropriate

More Relics - Gain 4 Relics - Reward - 60000 Coins 4000 Supplies - Cost for me to negotiate 4 sectors - 15,200 basic, 11,000 crafted & 17,000 magical goods - reward not worthwhile

I disagree. This goes back to scouting. It is extremely expensive to scout provinces and once I have I need more coins to be able to do it again. After I have negotiated the lands, I need to be able to scout again. I need this reward.

On to Distant Lands - Complete a Province - Reward - 40000 Coins 6000 Supplies - Cost for my last province was 30,300 basic, 32,400 crafted & 34,300 magical goods - reward not worthwhile

I disagree. This goes back to scouting. It is extremely expensive to scout provinces and once I have I need more coins to be able to do it again. After I have negotiated the lands, I need to be able to scout again. I need this reward.

Knowledge from all over the World - Solve 4 encounters - Reward - 60000 Coins 4000 Supplies - Cost for me to negotiate 4 sectors - 15,200 basic, 11,000 crafted & 17,000 magical goods - reward not worthwhile

Assisting the Ancestors - Build 1 Altar of the Forefathers - Reward - 7000 Coins 7000 Supplies - The wrong shape to fit into my city if I did need a small amount of culture and not something I need as I have sufficient culture and no space left - cost 40,800 coins & 5690 supplies so not worth doing to sell off again - not sure why this is a declinable quest

Agree. Why is this quest repeating? It should always have been a one and done quest.

More Culture - Gain 100 Culture - Reward - 15000 Coins 8500 Supplies - The quickest way to do this would be Natures Blessing in 1.11 hours, costing 27,200 coins & 3,800 supplies - reward not worthwhile even if I had space to build and knock down again

Disagree. There are many ways to get culture. But this may be one of the rewards that you have to take away because it is so easy to complete.

Advanced Tactics - Train 1000 Units - Reward - 70000 Coins 3000 Supplies - My barracks is at level 15 and it would take me 187 hours to train 1000 treants costing 26,000 supplies (which I use) or 10 hours for 1000 sword dancers costing 16,000 supplies (which I don't now use as they can't win in any combination) so the quest is worthless to me

Absolutely agree! And some Elves are peace loving and don't want to fight. They shouldn't have to. At least make this a permanently delete-able quest.

Spiritual Reinforcements - Train 500 Sorceresses - Reward - 40000 Coins 10000 Supplies - I have 1,400 Sorceresses and don’t need more - cost 64,000 supplies - reward not worthwhile

Absolutely agree! And some Elves are peace loving and don't want to fight. They shouldn't have to. At least make this a permanently delete-able quest.

Admirable Altars Please - Produce 3 Admirable Altars - Reward - 10000 Coins 0 Supplies 500 Marble - 3 x 24 hour productions cost me 10,380 coins & 1,038 supplies giving 2,499 marble plus a bonus of 500 marble - I would normally produce a minimum of 1 x 9 hour and 3 x 3 hour productions costing me 15,960 coins and 1,596 supplies giving 3,843 marble in the same period - unless I play only once per day why would I want to do this quest and slow down my goods production.

Half and half agree. Why would any of us want to slow down goods production? However, if you can't get on and play, at least this helps the people who aren't around all day. Why not make this quest immediately passable? So you can take it or leave it if you want?

Gorgeous Pennants Please - Produce 3 Gorgeous Penant - Reward - 20000 Coins 0 Supplies 200 Silk - 3 x 24 hour productions cost me 82,200 coins & 8,220 supplies giving 4,948 silk plus a bonus of 200 silk - I would normally produce a minimum of 1 x 9 hour and 3 x 3 hour productions costing me 96,180 coins and 9,618 supplies giving 7,599 silk in the same period - unless I play only once per day why would I want to do this quest and slow down my goods production

Half and half agree. Why would any of us want to slow down goods production? However, if you can't get on and play, at least this helps the people who aren't around all day. Why not make this quest immediately passable? So you can take it or leave it if you want?

Pompous Wall Decorations Please - Produce 3 Pompous Wall Decorations - Reward - 20000 Coins Supplies 200 Gems - 3 x 24 hour productions cost me 549,000 coins & 54,900 supplies giving 8,241 gems plus a bonus of 200 gems - I would normally produce a minimum of 1 x 9 hour and 3 x 3 hour productions costing me 813,600 coins and 81,300 supplies giving 12,690 gems in the same period - unless I play only once per day why would I want to do this quest and slow down my goods production

At the very very least, make some of the quests permanently declinable, and make some of them instantly declinable. That is the only way this new system can work.

DeletedUser651

How about you let players trade Knowledge Points for coins or supplies...their choice based on what they need? That would help balance this out!

Thanks once again for the amazing feedback so far. Keep it coming! Sorry for the slow reply this time, but we caught up with reading again! :)

What is really amazing to see, is that you can point exactly to where you believe the problem is. We have said it before, but that really helps a LOT to improve the system. We are collecting all your feedback, so that we can use for exactly that. As usual, we'll try to reply to as many people as possible. Even if your post is not in here, please be assured that we did read it. It is just impossible to reply to each post individually, unfortunately. Please feel free to ask (again) if you have any burning questions that you would like answered, and of course post your feedback! :)

I don't know if it is under the definition of doing the same quest over and over, to do a couple of quests twice after a 3h production, but yes I enjoyed it more or less, especially the gain 2k of type x goods, while i was on the hunt for relics I was always exited how much my production will raise and when I will hit the boostrate that makes it possible to do these quests twice after a 3h production.
Well, if you do the same quests in a row so often, I can see them become boring. Are you liking the actual quests, or do (did?) you just like the rewards they gave? :)

I wanted to post one that I just got hung up on. I just got the quest "produce 3 potions" for magic elixir. Now, fulfilling this quest using the elixir buildings that I already have is just not worth the time or the trouble. My elixir buildings are at level 15, and to make each required "potion" costs over 183 thousand coins and over 18 thousand supplies, and takes 24 hours. The coins are not the problem---the supplies are. If I use that many supplies to put one Elixir building into one 24 hour cycle, I will not be able to run any of my other goods buildings, since it will use up all of my supplies. So I will not be able to produce any goods at all in the next 24 hours until I spend many hours producing more supplies. And it will take 3 days to complete the quest if I use one elixir building, and 1 day if I use all three. Except of course, that I cannot run more than one at a time because the cost in supplies is so high. So I am wasting not only my elixir buildings, but all of my other goods buildings as well, since they must all still idle until I can gather many more thousands of supplies. And the reward for fulfilling this quest? a great big 200 elixir and 20 thousand coins!

Consider me underwhelmed. Does anyone need to ask why I usually delete such a quest? Does the law of diminishing returns ring a bell with anyone?

I usually never use the 24hr choice in the goods buildings menu----it simply is not worth it. You get far too few goods for far too much cost in time and resources. Frankly the cost to run higher level buildings is just too high. But now, since I cannot decline this quest, I have no choice.

Now there are other options, but neither is really attractive. I can build 3 new elixir buildings, (at the cost of population, space, coins and supplies) and leave them at level 1, and then use them to fulfill the quest. Then delete them when the quest is over. Which again costs me in time and resources for a miserly reward.
Thanks a lot for this example, this is certainly valuable feedback! :)

I am pretty sure there are players with no workshops running at all. Here is a discussion about workshops. (And this happens to be that particular thread that i said i couldn't find :))
Yes, there are. We've seen players who have no Workshops in their cities at all. :)

Good question right now is what you want to do with that? You can see many opinions right now, maybe just tell us if is some possibility to change this and if you can/you know some solutions?
What we are currently doing is gathering all your feedback, and trying to get an overview of what has actually been said, so that we can use that as a basis. While we work hard on that (and put in some extra hours just for this), this does still take time - a lot of time, as the amount of feedback is just so immense. We are not yet done processing the feedback yet (which is logical, as more is coming in still), but we did of course see the big negative response regarding this change. We have already taken this fact, and are already trying to come up with more possibilities for the quests system, and we're thinking up different ways to get the quests system itself more appealing. We have a few ideas of our own, and we of course have the massive amount of feedback you all provided us with, so we will have some work to do with that. We hope to be able to share more of this with you soon, once we have a better idea about what we will be doing ourselves as well. Please stay tuned and, in the meantime, keep the feedback coming! Seriously, we need it. ;)

I am sorry to bore you with a lot of details but hope you will find it demonstrates that quests are not practical in many cases and provide inadequate rewards in many others.
Nothing boring about that post, thanks a lot for taking the time to sum all that up! It really is much appreciated! :)

Muf-Muf thats the quest which I told about
Cool, thanks! :)

DeletedUser1009

So any thought on when you are going to remove this nonsense so we can do quests again that are actually doable or worth doing instead of annoying and slowing the game down for everybody ?

DeletedUser590

What is really amazing to see, is that you can point exactly to where you believe the problem is. We have said it before, but that really helps a LOT to improve the system.
Dear Muf-Muf, then it means that you know exactly what to do to improve the system :)

Please feel free to ask (again) if you have any burning questions that you would like answered
Again, when will you remove this stupid upgrade ?

What we are currently doing is gathering all your feedback, and trying to get an overview of what has actually been said
If your strategy is to do nothing as long as you receive feedback, then I wonder if going on giving feedback will REALLY help players ???? So please, stop telling us you are preparing, gathering, trying to understand, etc.... I think things have been now very clearly stated, it's time to show that this room is not a place where to complain, and to prove that you REALLY act to solve the issue. What we expect are concrete actions and an explicit planning of what Inno is doing with this, as you say, valuable feedback. Now actions and no longer words, please.

DeletedUser1037

So any thought on when you are going to remove this nonsense so we can do quests again that are actually doable or worth doing instead of annoying and slowing the game down for everybody ?

I think, you wont get an answer. As well as the question, why we didn't discuss first, is not answered yet.

The normal way would have been:
- Discuss with the players
- Overworking the quest system
- Testing the new and better quest system on beta.

But the way they have chosen (radical limitation without any advance warning to the players), is so typically for Inno Games. But after three years of FoE I should not be surprised about the "evolution" Elvenar makes atm. Things, which were called a "feature" for more than half a year, are suddenly an "exploit", nearly "legal cheating".

This reason for the change is really laughable:
We have found that skipping quests leads to massive problems in the game's behavior and its balance.
"Loopquests" are an element of FoE since the first day, and in opposite to Elvenar, they have real good and useful rewards, like goods, medals, and sometimes (once per quest and per era) even diamonds. Some players ignore the loops, and some players do them for months at the end of an era. And I never read any discussion about a limitation of these loops on FoE. And here, where you only can get coins, supplies and perhaps your own boosted goods, they are a big problem? It's absurd, as well as the sanction of the developers.

If this limitation goes to country servers next week, there will be a massive exodus of players.

DeletedUser1095

Well, if you do the same quests in a row so often, I can see them become boring. Are you liking the actual quests, or do (did?) you just like the rewards they gave? :)

?! Can you please explain how someone at the end of the tech tree could "like the actual quest" when all of them except "fight and win" (which may be undoable for pacifist players, or those who have advanced to unwinnable hexes on their maps) involve nothing more interesting than setting builders/productions and waiting for them to finish? The quests themselves are boring, and has been pointed out numerous times, the rewards are pitifully unimaginative.

Obviously people only want to do the quests that make sense in terms of their personal goals - what's wrong with that? I've just gotten "The Elven Tower", requiring me to upgrade my main hall again - I'm skipping it - again - because I find the later stages of the main hall ugly. So I have nothing to do but wait. (Actually if I accepted the quest I'd also have nothing to do but wait - it takes more than a day for the main hall to upgrade at this stage. Whee, how fun.)

How about some more active quests, even at the end? Aid 10 neighbours - oh wait we don't have enough neighbours, so make that guildmates, except not everyone is in a guild, so if they can't dismiss that without a penalty that's no good. Trade XYZ. Um ... is there anything else to do in this game, if we're pacifists or facing hexes that are just too overpowered to fight? Oh yeah: Tear down buildings and lose battles! Gain more FPs and relics that we can't use for anything! Wait faster for the promised new content and improvements! Whee

DeletedUser651

Oh heck!!! Now that you have foisted this on us, we now have the return of the horrible problem of timing with the neighborly help on culture!!!

So....if I play with a bunch of people who are on in different shifts, then all that neighborly help of my culture is Totally Useless and I have NO WAY to get enough supplies (again)....something I haven't had to fret over since I found the declining quests. And something that you have never fixed. Remember all that talk about needing neighborly help to last 24 hours? Well....here we are again.

Ya know....we had all figured out ways around all sorts of shortcomings in this game....and that made the game playable and finally kept players here.....and now...well....here come all the issues again. You have the problems of: culture help not useful for different shifts; excruciating slowness in the middle of the game (why don't you all try playing this game in REAL time????); never enough supplies for goods (you seem to have forgotten how many supplies tier 3 goods take); impossible costs of negotiating the far away provinces (how on earth can anyone get all those tier 1 goods if they can't buy them with the extra coins from the quests?).....and that list is not exhaustive.

And so what will be the next problem? Players will scream at people who don't help them in fellowships. Won't that be fun??? People will get kicked out of fellowships for not giving neighborly help often enough. That will lead to ill feelings and very unhappy players. There is already enough pressure on players to give neighborly help...this change will just amplify this issue.

(I am now sitting here unable to get any quests for the next 24 hours because my two choices are to produce 3 mage journals (stupid waste of time) or Train 1000 units (honestly???))

DeletedUser1135

ALL QUESTS MANDATORY = END OF THE GAME?

The game comes to transform the random quests mandatory quests
This poses several problems
* My game is well advanced and I have built two workshops that because I used the gold coins Research quest for tools
So despite a workshop under construction hurry I can not for the moment produce elixir because more tools ...
* We wonder now to WIN 3 battles to conquer a territory .. I have not chosen this game to win battles and I have not d army - so for me the search for quests stops there. And if it becomes too tedious the game will stop there Ausi.
There are many war games in every genre he did not seem to be a qu'ELVENAR and that it is MANDATORY to fight and especially to win on FOE anything like that - ask to 3 battle regardless place: the quest to win but as I do not know of any fight and I don not like this part of the game if it is one ..