• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser1126

Today I just noticed about 3 or 4 inactive players have now vanished from my neighbourhood map. I look forward to meeting the new neighbours whoever they are.
This has happened to me too, though the people were just east of my explored area. In a way it was good because it allowed me to locate at least 1 person who takes my trades. Now I know in which direction to explore! :D

And I still put fair trades on the market. Planks and Silk. It's going well so far. I utilize the wholesaler too because I'm impatient.

Oh! Some of my explored neighbours have gone too. This should be interesting. Time to help future newcomers, me thinks.

Merged posts into 1. Regards, Goryn :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We all are waiting for new active neighbours but it seems to be more difficult than we and the developers had expected...:confused:

DeletedUser118

Well, they cannot be shaken from a tree so we'll have to be patient. But still, I highly doubt we will see that many new ppl comming. This is still only a beta.

DeletedUser

I'm also left alone on my map. Before cleanup I had 74 neighbours. Step by step they vanished and now I have only 35 complete.
31 old and 4 new ones, who are almost dead, I guess.

DeletedUser778

I have 38 "old" neighbours left out of 82.
5 new neighbours, of which 3 have only the tutorial buildings, so they are probably gone too in 30 days.
2 of my remaining old neighboors are still in age one, so they are playing rather slow, or will be gone in a few days too.

DeletedUser1095

Few of the neighbours I have left seem to understand how "help" works, which is the fault of the game tutorial/start-up tips. (I myself just now learned from this thread why I sometimes get tools in addition to coins when I help someone - why is that information not made clearer??)

Why isn't it made simpler to help - why do I have to enter each town to do it?

And why on earth don't they move active players closer together instead of leaving us all stranded in these devastated wildernesses? They can't really think isolation will make the game more attractive and encourage players to stay active! The game is based on mutual trading and help, and they put both out of reach when they keep active players spread too far apart.

(Yes I know this is "still beta" - and getting feedback is a major part of what beta is for.)

DeletedUser

I agree with you, Mink and we all are waiting for that moment.
I want still to have hopeness that as soon as possible the situation'll change...and then we'll see ;)

DeletedUser224

88 discovered neighbours.
And now I have 33 neighbours, 26 old neighbours and 7 new ones.
Sincerely I play very little now...

DeletedUser

Ciao lenore :)
You've 7 new neighbours...me 2 and it seems they're not active players: they've only few residences and...nothing else :confused:

DeletedUser224

Ciao Alexander :)
yes... 7! but I don't think are all active... I think are active only 3

DeletedUser

I think we're all in the same situation...
I've tried to motivate all the new neighbours in these latest days, but they've not exchanged yet, so I'm sure they are not active...

DeletedUser205

new players can only exchange motivation, if they had discovered your city.
most of my new neighbors are much to far away to hope they will get to me the next weeks.
That is the reason I don't expect anything from them in the neighborhoodthing.
Will see, if somebody of them show up in the trader.
It seems, that most of them are not active, what is no surprise because the percentage of staying active players is about 60%.
@leonore I agree, that there is to much left in mysterious clouds instead of some explanations of very important mechanics

DeletedUser594

Must be hard for the devs to find a solution to the inactive player problem!
My NH has the same problems! At least I get 1300 gold from those inactive
players!! ;) If there was more positive improvement in the game more
players would hang around longer! By that I mean to have a few giveaways,
this game just doesn't have! Maybe there isn't enough interest to keep Elvenar
going!!!??:rolleyes:
Just an afterthought: This would be my last Beta released by Inno, ever...
They've done a much better job with FOE..shame!

DeletedUser283

just got a main hall motivation from a new player just next to my city :) !
I sent him a warm welcome message

DeletedUser205

because I use to neighborhelp every neighbor since some days I can check, if there is a new one in my discovered meadows.
no, it isn't since 2 days

Elderflower

I just got 2 new neighbours and one of them is right next door to me. Yes they are beginners but we all started like that. I'm definitely going to encourage them to stay.