• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Great Excavation

iDavis

I have uploaded the newest tool for my website - Playground.

Playground is a simulation of The Great Excavation event mechanic. It allows you to use provisions to purchase tools, use the tools to clear the ancient city and uncover rewards to keep progressing on the progress lane. The aim of this simulation is to help players better understand how this event works (without using the real in-game resources) and learn strategies to better navigate between the ancient walls and improve the efficiency of using your tools.

Because The Great Excavation event introduced new packages for the Toolshop, the Toolshop is also implemented in my simulation (it is now the part of the event strategy). You can try various combinations of packages on my website and learn, which one works the best for you!

Note that the Playground is only a simulation. I do not know the exact algorithms that stand behind the real Buried City minigame, so I only followed my own observations and tried to imitate them on my website. It means that some small differences may appear here and there, but of course, it will be my priority to improve these details as early as possible.

The Playground is a practise tool. Therefore, it's important to remind that the collected rewards cannot be transferred to your real in-game account. You can see your high score displayed in the page and try playing again in order to improve your strategies and beat your high score again.

You can visit the Playground either directly using the link above, or heading to the Playground tab (inside the left panel) on the All Events page.

Droopy

Playground is a simulation of The Great Excavation event mechanic. It allows you to use provisions to purchase tools, use the tools to clear the ancient city and uncover rewards to keep progressing on the progress lane. The aim of this simulation is to help players better understand how this event works (without using the real in-game resources) and learn strategies to better navigate between the ancient walls and improve the efficiency of using your tools.

Because The Great Excavation event introduced new packages for the Toolshop, the Toolshop is also implemented in my simulation (it is now the part of the event strategy). You can try various combinations of packages on my website and learn, which one works the best for you!

Note that the Playground is only a simulation. I do not know the exact algorithms that stand behind the real Buried City minigame, so I only followed my own observations and tried to imitate them on my website. It means that some small differences may appear here and there, but of course, it will be my priority to improve these details as early as possible.

The Playground is a practise tool. Therefore, it's important to remind that the collected rewards cannot be transferred to your real in-game account. You can see your high score displayed in the page and try playing again in order to improve your strategies and beat your high score again.

You can visit the Playground either directly using the link above, or heading to the Playground tab (inside the left panel) on the All Events page.

What is the maximum you can get out of it?
Thus if you chose the most lucky path and best "buy opportunity"

Deleted User - 101740

There is a way to get full set, just need to finish in gold league. So 1% of players would get it. Not sure if that was intended.
Gold league starts at 241 at the moment. That's very telling. It seems you need to spend a lot of money to get the whole set.

Deleted User - 101740

I very much appreciate the investment of time and effort you put into making this game better iDavis. I especially appreciate that you've kept your tools and resources free. Thank you so much!

Karvest

hm... maybe I'm too lucky, but
1676940832341.png
without spending a dime...

Mrietha

can anyone even complete the set without using diamonds? im in gold league with 198 points and only 6 days quests left to go....i feel they messed up with the change from 420 package to 140....why change something that isn't broken.
Today is the last day, I have finished the last quest, but I've only completed 180 "Knowledge points." That puts me 80 knowlege points away from the final even building. I usually achieve all the awards, once, on other styles of Events.
Am I not playing this game efficently? Or is this final building avaliable with only diamonds ...or collecting every donkey available?

And then when I draw out my layout I've got this hugh 3x3 hole in the middle.
VERY FRUSTRATING!

spennyit

@Mrietha I think that with this event there is a main problem in this:
They changed something(new packages instead the old ones) without testing the result themself (otherwise they would know what players know after finishing the event).
INNO testing??? Beta server players do the real testing for them ;-)
What I mean is that INNO checks (testing) that no bug/error is there, but beta server players do the real testing by verifying that the changes are meaningful, and they are not in this event.

owl76

Frustrated.

I do not think it helps that the last event had more people getting to 260 - if my memory is correct then that was the level for the bronze league, so 20%. Compared to less than 1% this time.

Dorfl the Clay

With half an hour to go, that's me done in the event.. was online most of the time and used every single item I could get, but didn't get beyond 135 (iron league).. I am usually able to (nearly) finish it and - up to now - have always ended in silver... this event is definitely a lot harder than previous ones! Unless Inno seriously reconsiders the cost and prices, I will advice my fellowship members on live worlds not to bother...

Verde

First time with this type of event that I didn't reach at least 260. New packages but also reduced number of days, therefore reduced currency from quests and city pickups.
Seriously considering skipping this event on Live.

Anakin

Disappointing, despite diligent playing and collecting, the set was not accessible, then promoted to the gold league with 500 diamonds and completed with 245 Amuni knowledge. Not sure if I'll be playing this live.

Jammin

I was 7 stones short for 260 but I ended up in gold league, I don't have a picture, just fell out of bed, but I see @Droopy picture that it was really close for me, I almost got kicked out with 253

I was actually going to swap out the new set for the Forbidden Ruins set from Chapter 5 and just saw that the Forbidden Ruins are still better. It was kind of a weird event.

Lelanya

Thanks for the League pic, that sure helps put things in perspective. I surprised myself with Silver, at 239 (eye roll), so missed out on the full set and the avatar.

When this comes to Live, it will be a hard sell for our Fellowships and will lead to disillusionment and dissatisfaction. Hard to believe that y'all could make this any worse than you have, but:

This harsh change in tool packages was a nasty trick. Already there are many folks that dislike the tile game, you have made it pointless for them to even try.

The RNG for prizes was more hideous than usual, that is also a bad plan, folks like to see visible progress towards their goals.

The lack of  any information regarding Quest 43 also hints at a bad faith gesture of leaving the quest as written, which will lead to a rash of tickets, and further complaints. I am constantly amazed that new players volunteer to work as staff (following remarks self edited regarding content).

Mrietha

Thanks for the League pic, that sure helps put things in perspective. I surprised myself with Silver, at 239 (eye roll), so missed out on the full set and the avatar.

When this comes to Live, it will be a hard sell for our Fellowships and will lead to disillusionment and dissatisfaction. Hard to believe that y'all could make this any worse than you have, but:

This harsh change in tool packages was a nasty trick. Already there are many folks that dislike the tile game, you have made it pointless for them to even try.

The RNG for prizes was more hideous than usual, that is also a bad plan, folks like to see visible progress towards their goals.

The lack of  any information regarding Quest 43 also hints at a bad faith gesture of leaving the quest as written, which will lead to a rash of tickets, and further complaints. I am constantly amazed that new players volunteer to work as staff (following remarks self edited regarding content).
Which/what was quest 43?