• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Forbidden Ruins

Avocado

Me being someone who had only won 450 event currency out of the many 75- and 79 beacons and who needed to invest diamonds to get the full set, and in our FS being at least one other person with the same fate (not investing diamonds), I also feel that this kind of event construction is not fun anymore. Especially, as this seems to be an exceptionally valuable set.

And hm, well observed @Prueba2, it is strange. Is dust also your boosted T3 Good? Mine it is.

edeba

Me being someone who had only won 450 event currency out of the many 75- and 79 beacons and who needed to invest diamonds to get the full set, and in our FS being at least one other person with the same fate (not investing diamonds), I also feel that this kind of event construction is not fun anymore. Especially, as this seems to be an exceptionally valuable set.
I am at only 233, so 27 to complete. I think I will finish at around 242, would need about 500 more scrolls finish and that's 2250 diamonds. That's just too rich for me.

Enevhar Aldarion

I am at only 233, so 27 to complete. I think I will finish at around 242, would need about 500 more scrolls finish and that's 2250 diamonds. That's just too rich for me.

When I finish tonight's quest in about an hour, that will give me enough that the next beacon will put me at 240 staffs, so one more grand prize to go. Two days of quests, daily 30s, and spawns will get me half of what I need to get to 260. If I win zero more SK, the 2nd offer in the SK purchase tab is 250 SK for 1200 diamonds. I have the spare diamonds, so I will buy that one and complete my set.

DeletedUser3726

My simulations show that with 5700 SK earned (not won in chests) you only get your expected score just above 260, this still means that 50% of people won't reach that score. Even more considering that people will get nowhere near 5700 SK.

I remember doing the same calculations last year and with the amount of currency I've won from quests and pickups, and I calculated an average score of around 280, and only 5% of players would not get to 260 with all quests completed and decent pickup rates.
I think your math may be out a little because 5,700 / 260 = 21.92. The cheapest chest is 22 EC and you won't get that on every spin.

But I agree that only those lucky enough to win a decent amount of currency and those that choose to buy it will complete the set.

DeletedUser3726

When I finish tonight's quest in about an hour, that will give me enough that the next beacon will put me at 240 staffs, so one more grand prize to go. Two days of quests, daily 30s, and spawns will get me half of what I need to get to 260. If I win zero more SK, the 2nd offer in the SK purchase tab is 250 SK for 1200 diamonds. I have the spare diamonds, so I will buy that one and complete my set.
Have you kept track of your winnings by chance? I always plan to track my pickups, won EC etc but with one thing or another it never happens.

edeba

But I agree that only those lucky enough to win a decent amount of currency and those that choose to buy it will complete the set.
And winning less currency will make players further away and less like to spend the diamonds.

You are much closer than I am. I've tended to finish with diamonds when I'm that close. This is just too far.

DeletedUser3726

And winning less currency will make players further away and less like to spend the diamonds.

I tend to hold a somewhat ungracious opinion that everything Inno does is designed to pry money from the pockets of players. It's the anticipation of reward, not the receiving of it that motivates and inconsistent rewards are the most alluring. Inno combine that with a limited time frame to maximise milking.

I won't be completing the set, most won't I imagine.

Karvest

Not sure if this has already been asked before, but it seems strange that two set building with the same size (3x2) have different set bonus:
Mystical Dreams (Amuni) base 4000 elixir +4000 elixir (1st link) +4000 elixir (2nd link)
Enchanted Crops (Amuni) base 4000 dust +2000 dust (1st link) +4000 dust (2nd link)
Fixed, 1st link of both is now 3k

Aexilius

I think your math may be out a little because 5,700 / 260 = 21.92. The cheapest chest is 22 EC and you won't get that on every spin.

The math is not off, there is a strategy that spends a bit below 22 EC on average. That takes in account the chances of getting EC back from beacons. I am not saying that you're certain to get 260 with 5700 EC, I'm just saying that you are expected to. The simulation still shows that 49% of players don't get to 260.

Enevhar Aldarion

Have you kept track of your winnings by chance? I always plan to track my pickups, won EC etc but with one thing or another it never happens.

Yes, I have won 730 SK so far on Beta, and because I have been stuck with the three highest cost chests many times, and not won anything from my pick, my costs have been higher than they could have been. This is why I still need to win 250-300 more to avoid using diamonds, instead of only needing to win 150-200 more. But no matter how perfect your beacon choices are, you still need to win 800-900 SK to finish with 260 staffs.

It’s a nice set for new players, unfortunately it was undoable.
I started a city 2 weeks ago. I am now in the middle of chap 2. Quest 63 reads as « collect 20 vision vapour » with no alternative. That’s not possible without access to the spire. Or I am supposed to disenchant all the 5 buildings I collected during the event to get the spell fragments.
there were alternatives on previous quests, but I found they all tended to send you fight on the main map to get fights or relics. I had one province in my first tournament, 2 in the second , 4 in this one. Therefore tournaments didn’t help much do fight or collect 16 relics. Ultimately, I ended up scouting 32 provinces to complete 62 quests.
It won’t be possible for new players to complete the set. I will miss one building (by far).
I had also started a city 3 years ago during the 2019 carnival. Then, I was able to complete the event (or at least get the full set), and with no experience in the game.

Last edited:

Lelanya

So. Today 's quest spawned, and I have to ask:
What were you thinking?
If someone were not already caught up, quest 21, Collect 20 relics, spawns Sunday night or Monday morning on Live, depending on where one lives, and then follow that up with Solve 10 Province Encounters with no work around. And then, of course, while folks are still waiting for tournament to open to solve Quest 21, you are then going to attempt to sell Event Currency to us (while I'm trying to leave for work)?

I am sorely tempted to share my opinion on this, I say sorely tempted. But I'll content myself with asking, May we please alter this one to any type of encounter?

Enevhar Aldarion

*runs off to make more popcorn to eat during the fireworks*

Yep! For Live, the event started two days earlier in the week than on Beta, so move all these quests back two days to see what they line up with. I already told everyone on the US forum to start scouting now. And since part two of #78 is scout a province or upgrade buildings, at least part one and part two can work together.

Maillie

The quests are finished, unfortunately the set isn't. Too many times there were nothing but 33 for the lowest priced choice, and the other two were not small. Am I going to pay money for it? Nope. Paying for something I want, such as an expansion, is not a problem for me. I enjoy it. Paying for going to work for weeks and not getting paid is not in the same category.

I generally get a sense of achievement in earning something in a game. That feeling of doing well gets lost here when everything depends on luck, rather than determination.

DeletedUser3726

The math is not off, there is a strategy that spends a bit below 22 EC on average. That takes in account the chances of getting EC back from beacons. I am not saying that you're certain to get 260 with 5700 EC, I'm just saying that you are expected to. The simulation still shows that 49% of players don't get to 260.

My response was to this (bolded to highlight).
My simulations show that with 5700 SK earned (not won in chests)

The strategy to spend below 22 EC requires a calculation that takes into account potential won EC. What's more, it wouldn't be below 22 EC "on average" because you aren't offered the lowest valued chest (23 beacon valued at 19.4 EC) on every spin or even every other spin.

DeletedUser3726

*runs off to make more popcorn to eat during the fireworks*

Yep! For Live, the event started two days earlier in the week than on Beta, so move all these quests back two days to see what they line up with. I already told everyone on the US forum to start scouting now. And since part two of #78 is scout a province or upgrade buildings, at least part one and part two can work together.

I don't know if this happens normally but my scouting portion of the quest 'autocompleted' for me. By that I mean I had a scout out yesterday that obviously finished while I was logged off and the final quest appeared while I was logged off too. So when I logged on today the scout automatically counted toward my quest.

DeletedUser3726

Yes, I have won 730 SK so far on Beta, and because I have been stuck with the three highest cost chests many times, and not won anything from my pick, my costs have been higher than they could have been. This is why I still need to win 250-300 more to avoid using diamonds, instead of only needing to win 150-200 more. But no matter how perfect your beacon choices are, you still need to win 800-900 SK to finish with 260 staffs.
That's pretty good winnings. One city has finished out at 240 and the other at 210. I used the same strategy, stuck to 23, 75, & 79 beacons (in that order of preference). The difference in outcomes is purely due to winnings. The 240 city will cost me $35NZD to complete, the 210 will cost $90NZD. Neither are worth it IMO.
According to the league, 210 is where 50% of players are at and only 5% have made it to 260. At a minimum 50% should be able to get 260 without paying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

I don't know if this happens normally but my scouting portion of the quest 'autocompleted' for me. By that I mean I had a scout out yesterday that obviously finished while I was logged off and the final quest appeared while I was logged off too. So when I logged on today the scout automatically counted toward my quest.

Yes, if your scout finishes after the new game day starts, but before you log into the game, it should count for the quest. If it finishes before that, but after the last time you were in the game, it will not count.

That's pretty good winnings. One city has finished out at 240 and the other at 210. I used the same strategy, stuck to 23, 75, & 79 beacons (in that order of preference). The difference in outcomes is purely due to winnings. The 240 city will cost me $35NZD to complete, the 210 will cost $90NZD. Neither are worth it IMO.
According to the league, 210 is where 50% of players are at and only 5% have made it to 260. At a minimum 50% should be able to get 260 without paying.

After completing tonight's quest and spending what I had left, I was at 250 staffs. With what I had left over, and with another 33 hours of spawns, I could have opened one or two more beacons, so 251 or 252 by the final hour. But I have a decent amount of free diamonds stored up, so I hit that + button next to my SK and spent 1200 diamonds for 250 SK. That was just enough to get to 260 staffs and finish the set. That means 730 won plus 250 bought equals 980 extra SK needed to finish the set. Minus the 30 or so more spawns I could pick up and call it 950 extra. I was not the most efficient in my beacon choices, and if I had been, I could have gotten that number down some more, at least down to 900, or maybe at bit less.

As for how many should complete the set, look back at the numbers for every event since the Leagues started and you will see that on average maybe 10-15% of players get to 260. Of course, with the evolving buildings, all you had to get was 180 and then have a good enough fellowship to get the two artifacts from the FA to complete the building. And I am pretty sure around 50% have been getting to at least 180. But as we saw last May in the previous Sorcerers event, and in this one, there is no immediate way to get the missing buildings for the sets for all the players who do not make it to 260. While Inno needs to keep the events consistent, they also need to find a way to offer the missed buildings sooner than a year later and then only to people who finish in Silver or Gold League.

Jackluyt

Quest 78: ‘Solve 10 Encounters’ - with no alternative. This is a really sneaky final quest to the quest set - because a significant number of players have slaved their way through 77 quests to get the Goddess of Wishes - and now if for one or other reason they have no encounters available, this is an event-killer.
This won’t affect a lot of players - but the ones who it does are going to be very upset. As we have said often - quests should never be ‘impossible’ - even for a minority of players.
:(
I hope they fix this!

Do we know yet the rewards from the final few quests?

All the quests and other event information are posted in my file the day they appear:
NB: I am not using Facebook for event notes any more - anyone can open this without exposure to any risk or inconvenience.

271713247_10220371798985698_6362918665372382147_n.jpg