• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map neighborhood merge?

DeletedUser209

I'm both suggesting it and asking if it's possible. Currently in my neighborhood there are exactly 4 active players (excluding me) from about 60 names. I fear the same may happen when Elvenar goes live and I think it should be dealt with. Putting new players in inactive spots is not a good solution. It's better than nothing, but there should be something else. Either make neighborhood merge possible or just add new ways of trading and helping.

DeletedUser236

I wouldn't mind being merged into a neighborhood that's up and running and having parties with all neighbors :D My neighborhood is boring and I want to move to somewhere with an active market and where people will take my super duper fair trades (I offer 3:2 :p)

DeletedUser778

Since the worldmap is not random and it repeats itself something like a "swap" button could do the trick:
Like all spots (or a in a big radius around your city) with the same pattern like ur city where inactive players sit gets marked.
You then can select one and swap position with this town. (maybe with some days delay when there is a confimation button for the person you want to swap with. Like: "xyz wants to swap position with you. Do u agree?" and autoswap after 3 days of not accepting or declining )

And give us coordinates, so i can swap myself to my friends easy and dont have to investigate the map a week or so until i find 'em :)

PS: Sorry i'm getting tired and i feel my english is not the best rigth now, but i hope it's understandable.

DeletedUser867

Adding a dynamic "Aid" or "Helping Hands" button to the notifications, similar to the recent improvements in the FoE Event History, would be a pretty satisfactory solution as well.

This may sound "too easy" but consider the packet traffic that WOULD NOT be needed, and the reduced load on the client GPU because you WOULD NOT have to do a bunch of screen loads and reloads. I don't see any need to spend a lot of my personal time on a VERY tedious task. Visits to other villages should occur because I'm curious, because I'm scouting, or because I'm chasing relics in the area. MOST managers would delegate the routine visits in any case, so it's not like we'd be violating reality, quite the contrary.

Once every week or so I'd prime the pump by taking a tour to visit all of the neighbor who didn't have a timer, but on most days I'd walk down the list of notifications and only go to the world map to visit the villages that I wanted to inspect for whatever reason.

Aren't there supposed to be some MONSTERS around here somewhere, in addition to the normal defensive resource armies?? Maybe the occasional notification message could be a plea for support in hunting down a monster, or brigands who are hassling the neighbors? There are a LOT of possibilities in addition to "you were visited" and I'd be curious about what InnoGames has up their sleeve.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser317

This doesn't tackle the problem of inactive players. We have another solution for that, which will be implemented at a later date. More details on that will follow once it's closer to being released.

This where said in another topic, what i really want to know is how is advanced is that solution, is ready just waiting the moment to be implemented? is at 50% done? 10%?
Because the main problem here are the inactive players, slowing pretty hard the progress of many active players with the lack of trades, because the game is based in the cooperation between players.

Aren't there supposed to be some MONSTERS around here somewhere, in addition to the normal defensive resource armies?? Maybe the occasional notification message could be a plea for support in hunting down a monster, or brigands who are hassling the neighbors?

@Katwijk maybe you want to take a look in this topic http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-caravan-system.1301/

DeletedUser867

The strategic battles are 3D-animated, with up to 20 different monsters and unit types, which make each encounter unique and tactically deep.
from https://corporate.innogames.com/en/...announces-strategic-fantasy-game-elvenar.html

I was hoping more for something like a Worlds of Warcraft monster or Here Be There Dragons,
something that it takes a crowd to bring down, not just another ugly Heavy Melee unit.

Also, a 2D isometric view is NOT a "3D-animated" view.
3D-animated means that I can rotate the screen and chose my point of view
OR
maybe it just means that the character models are developed as 3D models,
but are then rendered in 2D? Does somebody have an actual definition?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/Types/StaticMeshes/index.html seems to be talking about
static meshes and polygons, rather than the world itself being 3D.

DeletedUser43

@Katwijk : if you're interested in reducing the loading screens when aiding your neighbours, please see this idea about a "next city" button (click), this idea about an "aid button" on the World Map (click) and/or this idea about a list of discovered players on the World Map (click). If you have concrete ideas about improving battles, please post them in a new thread in the Ideas Forum. Let's keep this thread revolving around the neighbourhood issue and the solution for it. :)

As Eladamri has already quoted:
This doesn't tackle the problem of inactive players. We have another solution for that, which will be implemented at a later date. More details on that will follow once it's closer to being released.
As resolving the inactive neighbourhood issue is one of our priorities, you can be sure that we're working on it. We're currently waiting for confirmation on when neighbourhood changes will occur and what exactly those changes will be. We will keep you posted on this one!

DeletedUser867

If you have concrete ideas about improving battles, please post them in a new thread in the Ideas Forum. Let's keep this thread revolving around the neighbourhood issue and the solution for it.
I wasn't really concerned about the battles themselves, but rather about the notification messages which are a bit, ummm, boring at the moment. There are various ways to "tighten up" the coordination with our neighbors, and we've by no means exhausted the potential of the notifications.

DeletedUser283

uh-oh... I do not believe in any "help" button in the notifications box : the way it goes on FoE, with pesky decos being polished before large culture buildings, I suppose that our beloved developers would set the automatic priority to :
1. Main Hall
2. Builders
3. Culture

just because players want it the other way round :rolleyes:

DeletedUser867

We already have a "hands" icon in the notification, BUT we have to go to the actual city to see if it's gray or gold. That's a HUGE chunk of unneeded data transfer part of the time, and especially so when the server has the information right handy and could readily support a dynamic hands icon in the notification, akin to what we now have in the FoE social bar, so that I could avoid a useless visit.

I'd be happy with an actual Aid button, but that's a separate issue. I'm just after a "should I go visit this guy yet?" indication, hopefully with an associated countdown timer.

DeletedUser317

Make a merge, for sure will solve the problem of trades and maybe the lack of help too, but i have the feeling of a merge will take a important aspect of the game, which is "explore the world". Increase the range of the trader can be one solution, but again it takes the part of the explore the world, almost a less one, but again i feel it as not the rigth solution, maybe the caravan system, but again it takes the explore thing away.

Then how to solve the problem of trades?
Is hard to answers this question as i not know which is the master plan of the dev for the game, after all is their game :).

My solution is very simple, make posible a further exploration of the map, which give a lot more discovered players, of course relics bonus, cost for negotiate encounters, quantities of troop of defending army and a lot of other thing need to be adjusted.

For example now i almost stoped exploring, because of the lack of trades and the imposible figth for my poor combat ability. i believe i in the 3 or/and 4 ring of cities (is hard for my count which one is one lol) and i said i stoped, but what if instead of being stoped there, where in the 6 or/and 8 ring and instead of have 65 players dicovered, i will have maybe 100+ players discovered?
I think with a huge amount of players discovered must be enough actives to supply every demand in the market :D.

P.D: Also a big number of players to help need a solution for help them in a more fast way than now. Now it take to me like 1 and half hour help every one :/.

DeletedUser

There is an urgent need of changes in neighborhoods, it should be done by city movement, but how it has been done so far was the wrong way.

Because of the system of the world map this is a really complex problem, so forming completely new neighborhoods instead of moving cities seems to be impossible.

I still believe, the proposal of this thread could serve as a basis for proper city movement, there could be a different basis as well, but I didn't read about any alternative so far.

To have a fair solution of city movement for all players, in my opinion it is important, that involved players have to 'qualify' to be chosen (e.g. their neighborhood-activity level is high above the middle level of his neighborhood, or even high below).

Despite the concerns I mentioned in the given thread, whether movement should be even possible, I believe it's possible when concentrating on the NW-SE-diagonals with sometimes switching to a near diagonal.

Edit: I know there's heavy development going on, but you could imagine my concerns facing an improper solution again.

DeletedUser967

I actually can't imagine merge neighbors in Elvenar. To meet new neighbor we need scouting map - it is not randomly as like example FoE. Change inactive players for active could be good BUT only when devs make good rules for that. 1-2month inactive could be remove inactive account for active new player. But I'm really agree with others here about coordinate....it SHOULD be there because actually to find someone on the map.....you know....:p

DeletedUser252

When we have guild or something like that, maybe it's possible to move all guildmembers to the same neighborhood.

DeletedUser967

When we have guild or something like that, maybe it's possible to move all guildmembers to the same neighborhood.
I don't think so. Replace players ALWAYS when someone join to guild is very problematic. But in this situation we could to find all ppl from guild and motivate them IF devs make it as privilege in guild.

DeletedUser

I don't really think neighborhood merge cuold be a good idea, since tha game is based on discovering neighbors. If you set some stable trading ralations with your neighbors, you may want to keep them.

But it's sure that inactive players problem need to be solved. I'm actually stucked about of that. My only friend is the wholesaler :(

DeletedUser967

Agree with Vasho. I think good option is remove inactive accounts longer than example 1-2month then new players could be put on these place.