• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Aid-button on World Map

ThaMartin

When you get further into the game and your discovered World Map expands, you get more and more neighbours to give daily help. Scrolling the World Map, entering their cities, helping etc costs a lot of time and is not very exciting. That's why I'd suggest and "Aid"-button on the World Map, similar like the one used in FOE. It saves a lot of time (and I think annoyance) and would probably even improve activity among neighbours because it'll be easier and less time-consuming to help everybody.

DeletedUser

No, I'm straight against the 'aid-button'.

If a player is interested in gettin' the coins/supplies, he can visit the neighbor’s city and select what and where he wants to 'help'. This is also a good opportunity to study other cities, regarding what's to do, to build, where pit expansions etc., etc. and what/where not ...

If we have the 'aid-button', what would be next to be claimed?

Saying, it's a 'lot of work' to search all the neighbors on the map and press the 'aid-button', so we want automatically all 'aid-buttons' pressed on log in, which corresponds to 'get automatically X coins because you have Y neighbors ...

I'm interested in my neighbors and - as already various times pointed out, and not only by me - I WANNA HAVE MORE interactivity with them and NOT LESS interactivity, because we all are lazy and keep using the famous 'aid-button'....

Best regards,
Extranjero

ThaMartin

If you are interested in them, you can always CHOOSE to do this manually, just like in FOE. It's a great addition and it doesn't withold you from visiting manually if you want to.

DeletedUser

Let's be honest, the best idea would be the 'onclick-build-fast-the-best-city-without-doing-nothing-button', but that's not the basic idea/concept of a 'simulation game'.

It's so that here you can do nearly nothing - see other posts claiming 'more (inter)activity' - so I think, asking for some less interactivity f.e. the 'aid button' is' goin' in the wrong direction.

I understand that the coins earned by 'helping a neighbor' is one of the most important ways to make some coins, and than faster than better, but please don't ask (at least not at this moment) for things that would cut the little interactivity that exists - all are wishing more and more contact to/with neighbors, and you're asking for less ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

ThaMartin

Actually, I think it would increase interactivity for I think more people will "help" their neighbours this way, as we experienced (again) in FOE. I get your point, but I think if you really want to improve interactivity, we'll have to wait for a chat/guild system etc anyway.

DeletedUser43

I agree with ThaMartin. It just takes too much time to visit each player, especially since you're able to visit more and more players when you're further in the game. I like the idea of an aid button, because it would save me a lot of time.

While I get Extranjero's point that there's too little interactivity in the game, I don't think adding an aid button would change any of that. Whether a neighbour aids me manually by picking one of my buildings, or aids me by clicking an aid button, I can still contact him to thank him for his aid. In my opinion, the interactivity doesn't lay in the aid, but in the contact afterwards. (And I agree that, besides the message option, there should be a chat option for this, but that's another topic.)

DeletedUser

To build a house, or good factory, also needs lot of time, so what are you proposing to 'save a lot of time'?

If you wanna play alone, a 'multi-player-game' is not the right selection - there is no difference if you need to build or improve your houses to get some more coins, or if you need to visit a neighbor ...

I suppose, all you want is a button for some free and easy coins, so claim a button for 'free and easy coins' and don't hide this behind 'it's so hard to build houses or visit neighbors' ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser43

No, you (deliberately?) misunderstand me. I don't need 'free and easy coins' and I don't find it 'hard to build houses or visit neighbors'. I've never said that; only you have.

Here's the deal: I want to help people and I want people to help me. Like ThaMartin said, more people will help you when it takes less time. Currently, it takes me about ten minutes to help around 30 neighbours. In return, two or three neighbours per day help me. This amount should be higher. I can imagine that people don't want to take ten minutes to aid their neighbours. When there's an aid button, helping my neighbours would only take two minutes (and thus save eight minutes). I think more people will engage then.

You don't have to believe me or agree with me, but you shouldn't put words in my mouth either.

ThaMartin

Exactly, that's my point as well! It's not about the coins at all, it's about making it easier and faster for people to help each other, so that there will be more neighbourly help instead of everyone finding it boring or too time-consuming to do a round of this every day at al their neighbours. In my opinion, visiting manually isn't any bit more interactive than providing this button. Yes, you see their towns... Wow! Some interaction, huh? ;)

DeletedUser

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Quote: Currently, it takes me about ten minutes to help around 30 neighbours. In return, two or three neighbours per day help me.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If the problem is' (as various times pointed out by a lot of active players) that there are only 10% active players, neither a 'help and save time button' nor a 'build houses faster for free button' would solve this problem.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

I am with Extranjero here.
Lauwi, you have to consider that helping neighbours means quite a monetary reward for the helper himself (and a few supplies, too, if it's mutual help). In fact you can make thousands every day. That is quite a reward and should reasonably take some effort, which in this case is almost too low in my opinion. Think of the comparatively little time as travelling duration to other cities. If I get my (currently ~100k coins) just by clicking through a list of names for a few seconds it would just feel to easy.
On the other hand, if somebody decides to delibarately forego such a large bonus income, sparing time will possibly not make him change his mind anyway.

ThaMartin

I disagree. Less active players could take the time to hit the Aid-button instead of visiting everybody manually, because it takes less time, which is convenient for less active players and more active players might also like it, because most of the time, they'd rather spend their time exploring, building, doing fights and so on than on visiting all of their neighbours each time.

DeletedUser

And, ThaMartin, wouldn't it be great 'help automatically all neighbors on log in'?

So one could save the remaining last 2 minutes too ... :)

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser43

Extranjero, if you're only willing to ridicule our point of view, this discussion is useless. Let's agree to disagree :)

DeletedUser

Nobody is willing to ridicule the point of your view, but you should admit that it's at least a little bit rare claiming in an online-game that things should go automatically, or if automatically isn't possible at least with one click ...

And I insist: by viewing other/neighbors' cities you only can learn how to organize your own city, and this alone makes it worth that the games requires to visit your neighbors in an active manner.

Nobody is forced to waste a lot of time visiting all his neighbors, basic idea in the game is 'yes, you should visit your neighbors, and if you do it, you'll get a reward (some coins)'.

And there are about 1 billion things that are much more urgent, than a 'give me 600 coins for free button'.

Best regards,
Extranjero

ThaMartin

You still don't see the point Extranjero, or maybe you don't want to see it. To repeat myself: It's not about a "coins for free" button, but about increasing activity amongst neighbours through neighbourly help. My experience in Forge of Empires for example, is that I get 3-4 times as many daily help than before the introduction of the aid-button, probably because it's easier for the players this way so I'd like to see that in this game as well because it would only benefit everybody. People who want to visit their neighbours to learn from their ways of constructing their town, will still be able to do that so there's no problem there.

DeletedUser126

Im all for anything that increases player activity and interaction ! Right now its pretty much a solo game.

DeletedUser170

I didn't play FoE in the past several months (maybe even a year), but if I remember correctly we have got 20 golds for each visit. And that was not really much I think. Here we got coins respective to our main hall, makes it much valuable then back in FoE. Yet I get about 1000 for each visit, which would take about 20 mins to get from the residences I currently have. I don't say, that making it easier is bad: create a list, or something like that, but a big no from me for instant 27*1000 coins each day. (That means 9 hours of waiting through residences!!)

Maybe the list should be availible from the visited village too, so you can get to each city by 1 click - then you can CHOOSE which building to motivate. And I would really hate a system that says "first we are going to motivate your decorations, then your builders hut, then your main hall) I don't need the 10% less time, it doesn't make any differences dfor me. Probably I would got them when I go to sleep, or school. At least I can not blame the game for "loseing" the building time reductions, but the players.

DeletedUser136

I agree that it is a bit time consuming to visit your neighbors one by one, but this is not Forge of Empires, it just happens to be a hybrid by the same developers. There are things from there that I would like to see here, but an aid-button is not on the list. Unless something has changed in FOE since I left that Beta server, you don't have a map to see neighbors on there and you can't determine who your neighbors are by how far and which direction you explore... being forced to visit them clicking the helping hand and here is just a different approach.

Besides, an aid-button wouldn't really help me much at the moment. I seem to live in a 'blighted' neighborhood with abandoned cities and those people aren't going to help me no matter how easy you make it for them :)

DeletedUser

I think it would be great to have a friends list, people who you want to help that are near you. That way you can just have a list on the side bar, rather then scrolling over the world map. This might be a good compromise between ThaMartin's idea and Extranjero objections. I think the issue is how it gets rather time consuming to drag the view of the map and to make sure you have all your neighbors visited when you can see a bigger portion of the map. If, however, you have a favorites on the side bar, you would be able to quickly visit the city without having to find it.