• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Wrong damage calculation

DeletedUser736

: 1.16.7-(635c42e)
Game world: Beta1__
Browser + version: Firefox (unsure of the version)
Flash Player version: 23.0.0.185
Operating System: win10
Screen resolution: unsure
Account name: Galoyal
Humans or Elves:Human

Reproducibility: 3

Current situation:
Sometimes a priest die before taking enough damage. My priests currently have 198 hp (with the sanctuary) In the current tournament I had priest die after taking a single 50 hit from a cannonner. I tried to find a recuring pattern, but could not, but it happens quite often. I've been attacking with priest only on the field, and kept track of the damage each of my unit takes, and quite often, but not always, priest dies before taking 198 hp of damage.

Expected situation:
Well, I of course would expect to lose a priest only after a given unit take damage to the amount of HP an individual got,

Reproduction Steps:
1. Play battles in the current tournament (could not try on the world map, as anyway I get one shooted by pretty much everything)
2. Field priest only
3. Make note of how much damage each individual unit take damage
4. Compare to the actual HP of a single individual
5. Verify if a priest die before it should.

I a actually hoping some other peoples can check this on and if it does that with other types of units, but I am 100% certain that quite often priest are dying before taking enough damage.

DeletedUser736

didnt your priest by any chance got 0 damage because of immunity for example?
I can't test it anymore since the tournament is over, but yes. It has always happened against canons. Priest resist 100% of the damage if they hit the canon first. But I cannot say for certain that it happened ALWAYS when a priest has been hit by a 0 damage shot first.

Dony

King of Bugs
i guess they didnt fixed properly that bug from old system where zero damage is not zero and you taking damage behind the scene

DeletedUser736

In the previous version of the game I was sometimes taking 0 damage in spite of the fact I did'nt have 100% defense. But in the case, the priest have 80% defense against heavy ranged, and when they hit the heavy ranged unit first, they actually limb to 100% So it should really be 0 damage.

DeletedUser736

I have been doing hard work on the past hour, investigating this bug I reported with the new tournament, and here are my findings. I hope it helps speed up the process of investigating this issue. Based on my testing, I believe this bug is due to the sanctuary HP bonus. I base my conclusion on the following points.

To begin with, my current sanctuary bonus is 8,1% I did a lot of testing and here's what I found.

1- To begin with, the game is inconsistent in how it calculate HP for a squad. Here is what I am getting from a battle where I did bring each of the 5 "base" unit

Archer : single archer hp = 112 unit size =48 expected squad hp = 75x48= 3600 actual HP of the squad 3632 (as listed when I scroll over the unittom of the screen.

This problem hold true for ALL of the units.
Priest : 198 hp size 8 expected hp 2376 actual 2387
Barbarian : 112 hp size 48 expected hp 5376 actual 5396
Mortar : 270 hp size 8 expected squad HP 2160 actual 2162
Paladin : 735 hp size 8 expected squad hp 5880 actual 5881

Theses are small differences, but that alone indicate something is wrong somewhere. Now, I was'nt satisfied with this, since I'm 100% sure I noticed inconsistent damage calculation. I took down one instance, to show it here. I eventually got lucky, and here's what I got.

My unit of archer was first hit for exactly 600 by the opposing archers, and I lost 7 of them. That is wrong already. My archers have 75 hp, and it so happens that 600 is divisible by exactly 8. So I should have lost 8 archers. What is even more strange is that the unit hp went down to 3102 from the 3632 it began with (as listed in the tooltip) That is only 530 damage, but it is consistent with the loss of 7 archer instead of 8.

The next attack on my archer was a 729 hit, and I lost 10 archer. The squad hp went down from 3102 to 2373. All of a sudden it fits.

Something fishy is definitely going on there. As I was writing this post, I made a new attempt with priest. I got hit for 49 damage by a cannon, but I did not really lose any hp. Is that just a display bug? Is there something more going on?

Finally, the reason why I think it is due to the sactuary is that enemy HP are actually listed correctly.

Deleted User - 60107

Most likely the HP per unit that you see is the rounded value, but the game uses the actual value. So the game says 1 Archer has 112 HP, but the actual HP is (for example) 112,25, so 112 damage does not kill 1 Archer as it should.

When you have a squad of units the game adds up the actual HP of all units and THEN does the rounding. To use the Archer example from above, if an Archer has actual HP of 112,25, then a squad of 5 Archers wiull have 5*112,25 HP rounded down (561,25 rounded to 561), instead of 5*112 (560 total).

The Martial Monastery/Sanctuary and (other similar AWs, most likely) increases the HP of units by a percentage of the base value, which leads to this bug and to the bug where a squad increases by 1 after taking 0 damage.

DeletedUser736

I was in the process of editing my post. Exactly. My priest actually have 199 hp. Or close to. It's actually 198,904. x12 =2386,848 Wich then, the game proceed to round up to 2387. Then, after some more testing, I found out that the game substract damage from the squad health only by increments of 199. So the HP you are show are the HP of the number of individual in the squad times their HP, but it does not take in account any damage done that has not killed an individual yet.

Well, in any case, they should sort this out :p

Dony

King of Bugs
i also didnt found anything wrong with numbers you posted, its just how game shows it in tooltip, which is far from perfect

Marindor

Hi guys,

Could you help us out with this one? Is it indeed about the rounding of the numbers? For it that case, this would indeed be correct. You see the round numbers on frontend, while the game works with its actual numbers in the backend. Is this what caused the confusion or is there anything actually wrong?

Dony

King of Bugs
there is something wrong but i dont know if i should post new report with proof or continue here
with the steps how to reproduce it

DeletedUser736

there is something wrong but i dont know if i should post new report with proof or continue here
with the steps how to reproduce it
I'd like to see your proof. I have this feeling I am right at it is not just about the rounding of number, but I can't prove it.

Dony

King of Bugs
i reported it back in old battle system where it was promised that it will be fixed after redesign, but aparently thats not the case
base HP of bud sorceress is 200
in this scenario i am going to post a screenshot try to find/make following: (but it also works with different compositions and immunities)

5 bud sorceresses on our side, 6+ canoneers or canoneers II on enemy side

1. attack with your 5 sorceresses first 5 canoneers based on their order to make it obvious. (our first sorceress attack first canoneer, 2nd sorceress attack 2nd canoneers etc.)
2. then my enemy moves, first 5 canoneers hit our 1st bud sorceress for 0 damage all = our sorceress should have full HP in this moment
3. 6th canoneer will hit our 1st sorceress showing appropriate damage, but it will kill more our units.

so this leads to first 5 canoneers actually did damage behind the scenes, but showing 0 damage = this is actually no rounding problem, thats how it should be, but last canoneer doing damage showing on screenshot on our "damaged sorceress" which is also approriate damage how it should be, but killing more units then intended/possible meaning that she took some damage from first 5 canoneers + damage from 6th canoneer which could result in this scenario

canoneers would need to do minimum of 400/401 damage to kill 2 sorceresses but 384 was enough to kill them (also i have 8.1% more hp which leads to 432 actual HP of my 2 sorceresses )

Attachments

• Elvenar 1.png
    Elvenar 1.png
    890.2 KB · Views: 147

Marindor

Ok so how best to put this in a clear description for our development team?

Canoneers show 0 damage in the first round, while they actually do damage.

Would that be a correct description?

Dony

King of Bugs
there are 2 answers to your question, 1 would be the simple yes
but i have another theory why this happening
we all know that bug where 0 damage actually increase our squad by 1 unit, what if this is also the case but it doesnt add/show that extra unit
let me explain, in old system whenever my unit was increased over the top, next whatever the damage was killed that unit
so it looked like, i start with 12 sorceress, canoneers hit for 0 damage and increase our squad by 1, and that 6th canoneer would instantly kill that extra unit (1 unit) + regular damage 384 (1 unit) and it would show as if i have 11 sorceresses left (12+1-2=11), but now when it doesnt increase my squad by 1, but in fact on background it can tag my last unit as extra and thus taking that extra unit out, but in fact it takes 1 more unit then intended
that would mean that first 5 canoneers doing 0 damage as intended, 6th canoneer doing damage as intended, but it reduce my count by 1 extra and thus it looks like there is something wrong with damage done somewhere

so all in all if we had that bug which increase my squad by 1 over the top and then 2 of units are killed it would actually be correct.

Marindor

That's an interesting theory @Dony , we will certainly pass that along.

Then another important question: Is this only with Canoneers and only against Sorceresses?

Dony

King of Bugs
no
its with all scenarios where our unit has 100% defense against opponent , and then that unit takes "regular" damage
also will need to test it if my unit must have full hp when this happening or not