• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Won't fix Winter Magic 2022 quest/event length issue

Enevhar Aldarion

This may not specifically count as a bug, but I did not want it buried in the event feedback thread.

The event is listed as going from Nov 11-Dec 12, or 32 days. We have 97 total quests, so 97 minus 32 leaves 65 quests to do right away before starting the daily quests.

I have reached quest lock just now, but instead of being locked after 67 quests, as the math says I should be, 65+2 daily, I am locked after completing quest 69.

This means the event is listed as lasting two days longer than it should, and needs to be shortened by two days to end on Dec 10, or we will run out of daily quests with two days left in the event and need two more quests added, for a total of 99 and not 97.

Dorfl the Clay

It was already announced that on the last day there won't be an extra quest.. apart from that: how do you know there is a total of 97 quests? either that number isn't right... or maybe your math isn't totally correct?

Enevhar Aldarion

It was already announced that on the last day there won't be an extra quest.. apart from that: how do you know there is a total of 97 quests? either that number isn't right... or maybe your math isn't totally correct?

No, that is how all the events work. That final 9 hours never has a quest and has the same daily prize as the final full day. Day one of each event is 15 hours long and that extra 9 hours goes with that to equal one day, which is why there is nothing extra, except sometimes they give us the free daily currency and sometimes they have not.

Brummbaer

1668287904912.png

Enevhar Aldarion

And that is wrong for the number of days the event is scheduled to last, based on how many quests I have completed and being at the daily lock two quests further than I should be when using that number.

The actual countdown in the game says the event is 31 days long, the announcement says 32 days, and 97 quests, with 67 of them being sequential, leaves only 30 daily quests, not the 31 or 32 the timer says there should be.

Enevhar Aldarion

Alright, rather than going back and editing a comment, in case any mod or support have already read the thread and would miss the changes, here is the summary.

Announcement says 32 days for event, in-game countdown clock says 31 days in the event. My completed quests of 69, leaving only 28 more, says only 30 days in the event. So something is wrong.

And this is not the first time for something like this. I caught similar issues in two previous events a year or two ago where the days and quest amounts did not match up.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I think this was pretty decently answered by other players.
I'm gonna mark this as not a bug for now.

Your expected situation is: we won't have enough daily quests.
Your current situation is: nothing wrong yet.

So we can reevaluate this bug if we get to the point where there is actual something wrong in the current situation.

We're only allowed to verify bugs that are currently happening, we're not supposed to check out expected bugs in the future, that's the job of the internal team to spot if something is about to go wrong.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
yes, I understand what this is about.
However. We fix issues when they arise not before.
right now you are supposed to have a daily quest, and you have one, so there is no issue yet.

DeletedUser2378

Why is this not a bug? The days don't line up with the announcement or time frame.
This issue is clearly already there...and will be in the future, unless you all forward this on for fixing...and to fix it, would mean this is a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

yes, I understand what this is about.
However. We fix issues when they arise not before.
right now you are supposed to have a daily quest, and you have one, so there is no issue yet.

Then call Marindor at home and tell him he did it wrong in the past, because all the other times this same issue was discovered, he passed it on to the devs and they had it fixed in a few days, long before the end of the event.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Why is this not a bug? The days don't line up with the announcement or time frame.
This issue is clearly already there...and will be in the future, unless you all forward this on for fixing...and to fix it, would mean this is a bug.
because if you would fill in the bug report, your expected situation and current situation would not prove an issue, for now.

I'm only allowed to look at issues that have effect on players right now. For proactive searching for issues before they arise, we've been told we aren't allowed to do this, and this is the job of the internal QA team. Maybe the CM is allowed to do this, but this QA team surely isn't allowed.

DeletedUser2378

You mean how the expected situation would be: to have one more quest added in the total amount of Winter quests, or knock off one day in the event?

Versus the current situation of: only having 97 quest available which doesn’t line up with the timeframe of the event?
This new idea of “it hasn’t happened yet even though there is a problem there… so it’s not a bug” is unreal. It IS currently part of the Winter event, so it is happening right now.

In the history of Elvenar, we have not been told to not report an issue we currently see because it will happen sometime in the future. Do we stop caring about future issues? Why?
It’s not professional, productive, proactive or a realistic way of handling something that is already being seen in Beta.
Isn’t the point of Beta to catch bugs as soon as possible? Why are we then being treated like idiots for being on the ball and helping out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
You mean how the expected situation would be: to have one more quest added in the total amount of Winter quests, or knock off one day in the event?

Versus the current situation of: only having 97 quest available which doesn’t line up with the timeframe of the event?
This new idea of “it hasn’t happened yet even though there is a problem there… so it’s not a bug” is unreal. It IS currently part of the Winter event, so it is happening right now.

In the history of Elvenar, we have not been told to not report an issue we currently see because it will happen sometime in the future. Do we stop caring about future issues? Why?
It’s not professional, productive, proactive or a realistic way of handling something that is already being seen in Beta.
Isn’t the point of Beta to catch bugs as soon as possible? Why are we then being treated like idiots for being on the ball and helping out?
Honestly, feel free to handle this with the CM.
But I only follow instructions I received from a previous CM, and if I agree with them or not, doesn't even matter.
If specific orders come from upperhand, I can only follow them.

At the moment I am still get a daily quest, as expected. So I cannot reproduce an issue here.

Like I said before, we can take a look at it again when I can reproduce it. So just be patient.