• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Was the trader range increased?

DeletedUser778

Before the maintenance i had 9-14 pages in the trader.
After it i have 34-37!
Some new trading partners appeared, if i want to scout them i have to clear up to 7 provinces.

DeletedUser118

Hey, now that you mention it, I too have 22 pages instead of like 10 as before. Thanks for that. ;)

DeletedUser

My trader shows now 13 pages (before there were perhaps 6 or 7). The new market members have very bad offers only. So I got no profit so far.

DeletedUser338

There's a maximum of trading partners? So after I discover my 200th neighbor, I can't get any more trading partners, no matter if I discover new neighbors? (I mean, it's unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it's a bit weird it works that way)

DeletedUser

My trader shows now 13 pages (before there were perhaps 6 or 7). The new market members have very bad offers only. So I got no profit so far.

More than likly due to you not having discovered them yet on the map. Nice thing about this thou is least now you have people you can head to as you know thier active and trading.

DeletedUser118

There's a maximum of trading partners? So after I discover my 200th neighbor, I can't get any more trading partners, no matter if I discover new neighbors? (I mean, it's unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it's a bit weird it works that way)

Well look at your neighborhood and how many ppl you have discovered and then again how long it might take to discover 200. I'd say that's gonna take a looooooong time. Plus I don't wanna think about the armies in provinces around my 200th trading partner. Prolly gonna be ZOMG its over 9000...

DeletedUser338

I wasn't really complaining about it, I was just surprised that there was a maximum. I figured it would just infinitely increase depending on the amount of provinces you'd discovered.
Also, I discovered around 80-90 people already. Once I'm at the end of the research tree, I wouldn't be surprised to have my 200th neighbor.

DeletedUser118

Good luck then with that. You'll need it once you'll see the armies in that area. ^^

DeletedUser338

I already negotiate a lot. Will probably keep doing so for the more difficult armies ;)

DeletedUser

I'm very happy that this has been introduced.
Thank you!!!
Now we just need an "Show only fair trades" filter in the trader window :)

DeletedUser867

Now we just need an "Show only fair trades" filter in the trader window :)
The number of stars already indicate fairness, and the trades are SORTED by fairness. Just don't scroll down so far :p.
  • 3 Stars indicates a bargain (it used to be 4 stars)
  • 2 Stars indicates a like value (fair) trade
  • 1 Star indicates a reasonable markup of 50% or less,
    which is the same price that you'll pay to trade with undiscovered neighbors
  • No Stars is Outrageous

DeletedUser

No, they are not sorted by fairness. Want to see a screenshot of my trader?

DeletedUser867

Hmmm - I'll take another look. What IS the sort order then?

DeletedUser

Just a worried doubt ... is this done as a solution for inactive neighborhood??:(..... increasing the trading range ?? if it is then what about the neighborly help issue which is almost non-existent for many?? :eek: ...I do hope the dev's still working on a better solution about the inactive players in a neighborhood ..

DeletedUser338

I'm sure they're working on it, but it's hard to implement a solution for something so big in a short time.

DeletedUser778

It's defenitly an improvement, but i hope there will be more in the future to solve the inactivity problem.
Right now it's really refreshing for me.
I arrangent myself with the market i had and therefore my production of goods was just so much that i can get my researchs done, here and there a negotiation and slowly fill my storage with goods, opposed to my first thought to produce as much goods as i can to negotiate much more.
Now my concept is screwed, because i have much more people accepting my offers and more trades to accept, so my production can't stand the demand, but i like it, now i have to think again how to manage culture, population and space to get more goods.
Even if it gives me some headache right now :p

DeletedUser

Me too; I've now a lot of offers but they're not so useful for me 'cause of their high quantity, or they're all players I've not discovered and far from my village etc...:confused:
I hope to be a little bit more lucky in the next future

DeletedUser

At least I have more pickings, but elixer is friggin impossible to get. I have to build a 5th magic dust to get by.