• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Trade Routes

DeletedUser580

I came to an idea which, I think, is really interesting.

Give us the opportunity to build streets on the world map. (Ideas like this exist, but this idea is different). Theses streets are trade routes. They should be quiet expansive. Maybe we can "earn" them like we can earn KP by fighting. Or we get one route per day/week or every 5 th country we take over. Something like this.

What does it bring? When we are connected to a player and this player has trade offers, we can get a trade bonus. The opposite of the trade malus with undiscovered players. So we have to look for active traders and then build a trade route to them. As these streets/routes are expansive, we might need to communicate with this player in order to get all his trades as we have a route to him. Therefore we can increase the interaction/communication between players.

See a simple example ... but please with better graphics :p
Idea might be close to this idea, but its not: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/trade-posts.947/

DeletedUser967

Street on map for trading? What when I do not have street? I CAN'T TRADE?!
NO:eek:

DeletedUser43

Let's differentiate this idea from another idea. :)
  • The idea in this thread is about trade routes between players that have discovered each other. The trade route would give a trade bonus. Trading without trade route would still be possible, but a trade route would give you extra goods on top of the trade (although I wouldn't know where those goods would come from).
  • The idea in a similar thread, not 'trade posts' but 'trade routes' (click), is about trade routes between players that haven't discovered each other. The trade route would make it possible for those players to trade without the trader fee. Trading without trade route would still be possible, but the you have to pay a fee to trade with undiscovered players.

DeletedUser580

Let's differentiate this idea from another idea. :)
  • The idea in this thread is about trade routes between players that have discovered each other. The trade route would give a trade bonus. Trading without trade route would still be possible, but a trade route would give you extra goods on top of the trade (although I wouldn't know where those goods would come from).
  • The idea in a similar thread, not 'trade posts' but 'trade routes' (click), is about trade routes between players that haven't discovered each other. The trade route would make it possible for those players to trade without the trader fee. Trading without trade route would still be possible, but the you have to pay a fee to trade with undiscovered players.

Exactly. The bonus will only occur when the player will put some offer in the market of course.

DeletedUser967

Thanks Lauwi for explain :)

So how looks these bonuses? Example if I'll buy 100steel for 100marble then I can get x% more for this trade, 5% then 105steel for 100marble ?

DeletedUser867

a trade route would give you extra goods on top of the trade (although I wouldn't know where those goods would come from).
Think of it as a discount, rather than a bonus. 90 (discount) gets you 100 rather that 100 gets you 110 (bonus). Your trading partner doesn't have as much overhead when he's dealing with an established customer, so his costs are lower and he passes on some of the savings as a discount.

We obviously have credit cards :rolleyes: so it's easy to identify the preferred customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

What I wanted to point out with that quote, is that I'm not sure how it should work when the trade route is established both ways. If player A normally trades with his discovered neighbour player B, he would trade e.g. 100 - 100. When a trade route is established, why would player B then suddenly accept just 90 goods for his 100 goods? Or, if he would still get 100 goods while player A just has to pay 90 goods, where do the other 10 goods come from? The discount delivers the same problem as the bonus. :)

DeletedUser1095

OK so a possible variant on this:
How about a function on the world map that I can set to show me the nearest active player with a boost for a good I'm looking for?
And how about a notification function I can set to let me know when a new trade has appeared offering something I need?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

To me those routes only make sense if the players have not found each other on the map yet. Else there is no fee and I personally don't think it really needs more bonuses around that. Except for members of later added guilds maybe.

DeletedUser

It seems to me, that giving any bonus for a 1:1-trade supported by a trade route is a bad idea, because this can be easily exploited by trading and trading back multiple times...

DeletedUser867

You're sneaky; :eek: I like that!
But you're entirely right, of course; I should have thought of that myself.

DeletedUser

I like that idea :)
The streets would be purchased how? Is there a maximum ?