• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Trade posts

DeletedUser

I just had an idea to make some use of the useless finished provinces.

I would like to see the possibility to establish a trade post in a finished province. There you could offer goods related to the province type to players, who at least have scouted that province, of course without an additional trading fee.

DeletedUser

I take it you can only establish one after you've researched the goods in the research tree. otherwise, i could set up a trading post in a tier 3 province with my neighbours without having to build the tier 3 factories. Furthermore, if 2 players scouted the same province, can both of them establish a trading post there? If yes, then it's quite useless as players will offer those goods to players who are offering the same goods, and you can't offer them to players who haven't scouted that province yet.

DeletedUser

It's just a raw idea at this point...

But it's not needed to have researched production technology to sell any good, of course you have to consider how you get the goods you want to sell, you can already buy every good at the trader (from other players).

I don't think, selling a good at a trade post should be limited to 1 (the first) player. What stands behind the idea is, if you are scouting a province, you probably would get a chance to buy related goods there.

DeletedUser

The very first province i scouted when i started this game was a gems province which is a tier 3 good. I don't think it's a good idea that you can get your hands on those goods early in the game. You don't need those goods yet, so all people would do is stack them until they do need them. Furthermore, goods factories will no longer be needed as everyone will simply use their outposts. The only way to get tier 2 or tier 3 goods from the trading list, is when your neighbours have actually reached that stage, and built those factories. Even then, they won't trade their tier 3 goods for tier 1 or 2 goods, so if i want to trade with them, i have to work my way through the research tree and build tier 3 factories. I agree that trading should be looked at, but that's mainly because people are stuck due to inactive neighbours. If they would make the wholesaler a bit cheaper, like 1:3 instead of 1:5, more players would be able to get their hands on the goods they require a bit easier.

DeletedUser

There is definitely a misunderstanding here - I didn't propose that trade posts should PRODUCE goods. There is the same need to produce goods with or without them. What could be achieved by the idea is a bigger trading range, especially concerning the few active players, and it could replace the existing trading possibilities with undiscovered players (these are working very strangely, I could see offers from one player when I built the trader, then for about 10 days I couldn't see them, now I see them again...)

DeletedUser580

Maybe it goes in this direction. With this idea, you can increase your trade range by simply upgrade your trader. Should be easier to realize?

Click here

DeletedUser236

these are working very strangely, I could see offers from one player when I built the trader, then for about 10 days I couldn't see them, now I see them again...

Maybe he didn't offer anything for 10 days? (but I agree the range is weird)..

So what you are saying is that you can a bigger range for trading by establishing these trading post? But you can only trade the goods (without penalty?) that the province is holding?

DeletedUser

@Acamax: I also could see offers from Spite at the beginning and cannot anymore, he assured, that he and the mentioned player had offers at the market...
yes I'm proposing something like that

@Thuncal: I don't want to make it too easy, all should be dependent of your progression at the worldmap.

DeletedUser580

@methusu: you always need to look at the afford and the benefit. Just upgrading the trader is much easier to add to the game than create trade posts, balance and graphical stuff. you always need to look at the afford for the designer.

DeletedUser317

I like this idea, so let try to polish it.

@methusu: you are saying that in a given province we can put good for trade related to that province. Well, lets try to make this more clear and functional. As example i take a stell province, then let say we can only offer Steel in that province, but at you say the good must be related to the province, so what good we are able to use to take the Steel in the province? Yesterday i was looking for my next province to be explored and i notice that every province is conected to 3 town and other 3 provinces, but the interesting of this is the 3 conected provinces are one of each tier good, i take one of the connected province to my onw town as example, the province is steel, to the upper side has a plank (tier 1) province, to the donw left has a gem province (tier 3), and the down rigth side has a silk province (tier 2).

What about to take the steel of the province you only can use the good of the connected provinces, now in the steel province the offered steel and the used good to take it, will have any restriction? Attending to the worry expresed by @Nosferatu regarding to be able to stockpile tier 3 good to early in the game. (if a players already having a tier 3 good is taking the offer of a new player tier 1 good).
Any restriction in the rate of trade? Because to make a fair offer according with the game, same tier 1:1 is fair, but different tier has other rates for a fair offer.

Ideas, ways to exploit it, any coment related is welcome, help to polish this idea :).

Regards Eladamri.

DeletedUser

I've been thinking, that you can ask for any goods, if you're offering goods connected to the province of your trade post. So you would get something like a smaller market than the trader, where you would see just one type of goods at the 'offer'-side. I didn't yet think about, whether it should be a separated screen to show the offers or automatically integrated in/added to the trader window.

Because I trade at least 90% of my goods for goods of the same tier, I don't like the idea to limit trading to goods of neighboring provinces.

Marindor

Though part of the idea has been implemented with the tournaments, it is in a different form than suggested in the opening post. I'll archive this thread now :)