• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Trade routes

DeletedUser

Because of the problems with neighbourhood, trading possibilities and slow expansion i would like to see the possibilty of establishing trading routes.

This could be possible between 2 players, if both are in trading range of eachother and the established trading route should allow trade, as if they had discovered eachother.

The players both should have to pay a fee for that or even better each player should have a limited number of trading routes to establish.

DeletedUser126

I actually had similar idea.

+1

This could actually be expanded in to some more meaningful feature, if you add some additional bonuses to make it more interesting :)

DeletedUser170

I really like this idea, this game should be about players playing together, to achieve something really cool, and not that we kill each other (offtopic: thats why I would hate pvp, I'm more fan of pve)

Ontopic:At the moment we could not upgrade the trader. Now I see a good point making it upgradable. Of course roads between cities might or must have some other benefits, and then they could be upgradable too (a possible way to spend Knowledge Points??). It also could be used somehow for a players vs enviroment kind of stuff, or pvp. (I have an idea, it's not that great, but I might make a about that).

Also a trading route would be much authentic, if you could create them between your neighbours only, and after a while we could get a pretty decent map with roads, but that couldn't be done if players are inactive, or just don't care about this. Also could make the mergeing system really hard, so this is not really a good idea I think.

DeletedUser126

ket +1

Thats what i meant by expanding the idea. If other people have any more ideas about this please say :)

DeletedUser

Also a trading route would be much authentic, if you could create them between your neighbours only, and after a while we could get a pretty decent map with roads, but that couldn't be done if players are inactive, or just don't care about this.

Once a trade route would be made, it could increase it's efficiency in some way over time; each time both players use it it gets 'points' and at some point it gets somewhat upgraded, maybe with both players having pay for unlocking that new 'level'. Inactive and erratic players, of course wouldn't benefit of these. The most active/social-oriented players would get extra benefit from this.

DeletedUser252

Like that, but how do I know where you all are?
Feeling a bit lonesome atm. ;)

Maybe they can creat coordinates for all the city's, like 5.68 and you have to pay a fee for each lvl higher or lower. For instance a trade route from 5.68 to 4.53 costs 1 KP. A trade route from 5.68 to 7.82 cost 2 KP

DeletedUser

I really like the idea of expanding trading range with routes and/or upgrading the trader.

Since this game depends on goods and trading there shoulb be more possibilities to find trading partners (half of my neighbourhood seems to be sleeping 24/7)

+1

DeletedUser

Maybe they can creat coordinates for all the city's, like 5.68 and you have to pay a fee for each lvl higher or lower. For instance a trade route from 5.68 to 4.53 costs 1 KP. A trade route from 5.68 to 7.82 cost 2 KP

I like your coordinates idea. A bit dry, tho. A way to identtify position which would be a little thematic (like regions with names) would be great.

DeletedUser

Great methusu: I like it! It's an intelligent possibility we could have ;)

DeletedUser

Great methusu: I like it! It's an intelligent possibility we could have ;)

Look at the date I posted this :). In the meantime i realised that there is no trading range, what I assumed in my post.

There are some much more actual ideas around, this one didn't get enough support and was forgotten...

DeletedUser

I hoped renewed this discussion, and I hope that the discussion will be taken into account this time, because the idea is very interesting ;)

DeletedUser43

This idea is relevant again because of a similar thread with the idea to create trade routes between discovered neighbours here (click).

I think there are no more actual ideas about trade routes between undiscovered players than this thread. The only other idea I can think of is the 'Encounters & Caravan system' (click), but that idea hasn't got a lot of support either. :)