• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Tournament squad size calc - we need your data!

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81190
  • Start date

edeba

I am a bit bummed that the next FA starts on Monday. I have two research expansions and one scouting expansion ready to place, and can buy my first two premium expansions with all my free diamonds, and was going to do all five on Tuesday, after the next tournament started, to see the impact on the following tournament. But I need the space now for the FA production. :(

@MinMax Gamer if I do not place them all, which would you rather see numbers for, the free expansions or the premium ones?
I placed 5 expansions, in a mix like what you are saying when I did chapter 16 and that with the chapter was mind boggling for how much more expensive the tournament and spire became. If you need more room, I would place the premium expansions only as the penalty is less.

PaNonymeB

So I reached chapter 3 before the tournament started, and Spire spawned with starting squad size 5. Then Tournament first province, 1* asked me for 210 coins, 3 T1s and 2 T2s.
On this city I have max relic boost 186%, but I have 54 marble relics which would make a 228% boost if boosted. I have 6 expansions (start) + 1 premium. I just entered chapter 3 as an elf, so 41 techs done ; and no Ancient Wonders.
Adding expansions, not doing any other changes and looking at coins catering cost for P1,2* or P2, 1* :
6 expansions + 1 premium : 420
6 expansions + 2 premium : 540
7 expansions + 2 premium : 660
(Yes, same jump for a premium and a non-premium expansion seems weird.)

PaNonymeB

Also, you probably want to reach province 2, 4* again now, just to make sure that your are comparing apples to apples.
I took the screenshots for live chapter 2 and beta chapter 3 (this is two weeks ago) :

Attachments

• 20201114_104433.jpg
    20201114_104433.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20201114_104455.jpg
    20201114_104455.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 101

Deleted User - 81190

Adding expansions, not doing any other changes and looking at coins catering cost for P1,2* or P2, 1* :
6 expansions + 1 premium : 420
6 expansions + 2 premium : 540
7 expansions + 2 premium : 660
(Yes, same jump for a premium and a non-premium expansion seems weird.)
Can easily be explained by rounding. All 3 cases are consistent with the model, at just 0.1 difference on base squad size observed vs estimated. You need to go much higher in provinces (say, #10), in order to more realistically estimate what the real fractional base is. With just 1 or 2 provinces on such low numbers the relative swings might be quite significant.

PaNonymeB

Can easily be explained by rounding. All 3 cases are consistent with the model, at just 0.1 difference on base squad size observed vs estimated. You need to go much higher in provinces (say, #10), in order to more realistically estimate what the real fractional base is. With just 1 or 2 provinces on such low numbers the relative swings might be quite significant.
+12 and +12 still seems odd with one supposed to be 0.66× the other... but a rounding on the base squad size (or CAL before multiplication can indeed explain this.