• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Tournament squad size calc - we need your data!

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81190
  • Start date

CrazyWizard

The best way to count wonderlevels is to look at your throne of high men, even if you havent build it yet you can still find out your total wonder levels there by hovering your mouse over the bonus values.

palmira

elvenstats is not updated if you don't update (refresh) it "manually" :)
Of course I refreshed it before taking note of the details, the same live where I have 4 Aws lvl 31 and the difference is even bigger. I didn't know there was a problem with the AWs count and didn't think to look at the trader

FieryArien

From international server forum as a reply to a player with the same problem - elvenstats reporting wrong AW levels:
MinMax Gamer said:
I am pretty sure that the problem is that ElvenStats hasn't been updated for AW levels 31-35. So your L31 Flying Academy is not recognized, and it drops off from the calculation. 319-31=288.

For everyone else - be careful using AW numbers from ElvenStats if you have L31+ AWs...

Deleted User - 81190

Question how does the bonus works?
Does it also include the bonus from mountain halls? does mountain halls actually make your spire / tournament harder? or is it capped at 700%
If not darn mountain halls would be one sour deal.
It is capped at 700%, but as to how it actually works - who knows? The only way to check is to look at a city that has MH built, but raw relics bonus is still less than 700%. Given when MH becomes available, it never happens in real life. Someone can try to rush to MH without getting all the relics, then it would be easy to see.

Deleted User - 81190

I have 2 AWs lvl 31 and just noticed my trader is counting 327 AW lvls not the 259 in elvenstats.

With the 327 AW lvs the calculated SS is now 1013
With your data i am getting 972.5 forecast, and your screenshot shows 973, so I'd say that it is close enough. You need to use 27 for research in chapter 16, as you're an Elf and on Beta the final Main Hall upgrade is mandatory, but the 2 AW techs are not.

GrayEyes

When a new tournament system comes to us, I also provide my data. My AW level so much :(
Ekran Resmi 2020-09-03 03.23.50.png

DeletedUser3289

Elvenstats can't be relied on for AW levels, even if it's updated. In my city it consistently counts 20-30 less AW levels than there actually are.
Go to the actual city layout and check reports for aw levels.
Or use thrones of high men on app, even if not built :)

PaNonymeB

Chapter 2 city, 27 mandatory techs, no AWs and only one expansion placed, which is premium. My T1 boost is 123%, my T2 boost is higher (32 relics) but not unlocked yet. With this in province 2, 1* I have squad size of 11 (while the formula gives ~1).

Karvest

you can't have tournament squad size=1 and maintain difficulty ratio for first provinces. Probably, there is some workaround in place that raises your squad size to be stronger than enemy.

Deleted User - 81190

you can't have tournament squad size=1 and maintain difficulty ratio for first provinces. Probably, there is some workaround in place that raises your squad size to be stronger than enemy.
Indeed, that was the fix they've done some time ago. Some kind of flooring the SS by 10 or something like that, so that the bigger units (e.g. Golems) do not mess up difficulty ratios. I haven't seen enough data on low-level cities to say how it works for sure, just that it is never below 10 now, and on any reasonably sized cities this part has no material effect.

Beginner cities used to have 1 (or 2?) initial squad size.

PaNonymeB

There's indeed this flooring of the SS but here I have 11 (which is above the flooring) while I had 10 in this same province the previous weeks, and catering costs for this encounter are in line with squad size 11 (e.g. 34 T1s). In province 1 , 1* for comparison I have squad size 10 but catering costs of e.g. 17 T1, which corresponds to a squad size of ~5.

Deleted User - 81190

There's indeed this flooring of the SS but here I have 11 (which is above the flooring) while I had 10 in this same province the previous weeks, and catering costs for this encounter are in line with squad size 11 (e.g. 34 T1s). In province 1 , 1* for comparison I have squad size 10 but catering costs of e.g. 17 T1, which corresponds to a squad size of ~5.
I don't think catering costs were impacted by the fix, so catering costs vs squad size ratio is different for the floored squad sizes.

PaNonymeB

Beta : tournament P2 1*, squad size 11, catering costs 34 T1, with chapter 2 elven city, 33 mandatory techs, no AWs, the 6 starting expansions + 1 premium expansion bought, and max boost T2 at 171%. My T2 boost (silk) is where I have the most relics.
The fact that researching T2 boost didn't increase my tournament costs makes me think my T2 boost was already counted as max relic boost before I researched it.

Live : data taken at Spire first encounter for all three cities, at the beginning of the Spire last week.
Live fr1 : elf just entering chapter 3 (40 mandatory techs), no wonders, 12 expansions all non-premium, and max boost T1 at 171%. Theoretically, I have a higher T4 boost with 36 relics. Spire squad size 12 with catering costs 86 supplies, 11 T1s.
This means I have a significantly higher (more than +100%) CAL in my beta city than on this city, yet this city is more advanced on everything. Will wait Tuesday to see if I see this comparing Tournament costs too.
Live fr3 : elven city ened chapter 16, 210 AW levels and 121 expansions, 8 of which are premium. Spire squad size 3703.
Live fr4 : elven city in chapter 13 (307 mandatory techs), 67 AW levels, 97 expansions, 5 of which premium. Spire squad size 1381.

Deleted User - 81190

Live fr4 : elven city in chapter 13 (307 mandatory techs), 67 AW levels, 97 expansions, 5 of which premium. Spire squad size 1381.
Have you removed 1 AW? I believe you've had 68 a week before.

Theoretically, I have a higher T4 boost with 36 relics.
Do you know what boost percentage does it correspond to? The fit is better with a bit higher boost factor. But in all fairness the numbers are so low that it can all be explained by rounding errors.

Earwen1

Beginner cities used to have 1 (or 2?) initial squad size.

Yes, it starts with 2 squads. Just started my city 2 days ago in Chapter I.
I've seen your spreadsheet but not sure if i really get it: what data would you really need at least?

Deleted User - 81190

Yes, it starts with 2 squads. Just started my city 2 days ago in Chapter I.
I've seen your spreadsheet but not sure if i really get it: what data would you really need at least?
Basically, all white columns from the first sheet.