• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Phoenix Cult

DeletedUser1075

Saur & Ritsel, good points. I've noticed that they tend to stick us with mana producing buildings that have very short total collection times (so overnight your mana production suffers). I did manage to snag one of the first prize, and maybe when I finish elementals I'll even be able to place it. Maybe.

iDavis

As I see all population giving buildings are now as grand prizes - that's a very good step. Since we will not have an opportunity to get many of these buildings during one event, we will value these rewards even more, for example in future FAs. :)

DeletedUser

If this event is anything like the previous ones, then there will be like two or three mana buildings throughout the entire event. Which basically means that all the other buildings during the event are totally uninteresting (assuming one has reached the mana ages of course). Then why must the very first building of the event be one of the extreamely rare mana buildings? When one has not had any time to gather any Sky Essence. I don't understand it. Are the devs doing this just to taunt us? "Here is a nice mana building that you are not likely to get. Nah nah nah na na nah."

They want you to spend diamonds on it

DeletedUser

As I see all population giving buildings are now as grand prizes - that's a very good step. Since we will not have an opportunity to get many of these buildings during one event, we will value these rewards even more, for example in future FAs. :)

Last year during the Eggs event, I was in the Dragon Chapter on live.
The 3th grand prize was the Rise of the Phoenix (4 x 5, 6100 culture & 2500 population). That is 305 culture per block and 125 population per block

Now I'm in the Dragon chapter on beta. The the 3th grand prize is Temple of Phoenix (5 x 3, 2500 culture & 1890 population, and a pityfull amount of T3 goods). That is 166.67 culture per block and 126 population per block.

So for those T3 goods that I really really don't need nor want, I'm losing
138.33 culture per block.

The Rise of Phoenix is still alive and kicking in my live city in Elemental chapter, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to replace it with this years grand prize.

Karvest

they are not so good for culture_residental building, since they have production too. If we don't count profit from this production - grand prizes are worse than prizes from winter event I've got in previous chapter.

Karvest

The Rise of Phoenix is still alive and kicking in my live city in Elemental chapter, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to replace it with this years grand prize.
Prizes are getting worse and worse each event. Best was in first winter event, could survive more than 3 chapters. Recent events prizes going to /dev/null on next one with a few exceptions that worth staying for two... And they are going there not because we get better event prizes to replace them, but because regular buildings start giving more profit.

nokki

Looks like we are going to start using the regular culture buildings. The ones from the events are getting worst and worst for a small amount of resources that we dont even need... And why all 3 grand prizes are part of set? With the extra bonuses and low amount of culture/population im sure im not going to put them in my town. I just hope we get some good culture buildings from daily ones...

SoggyShorts

Last year during the Eggs event, I was in the Dragon Chapter on live.
The 3th grand prize was the Rise of the Phoenix
If I'm not mistaken, the Rise of the Phoenix was also impossible to get, no?
I'm pretty sure that double days had not been introduced, so other than some 0.001% chance, the RotP was a premium purchase.

I'm not saying the prizes this time are good(I haven't really mathed them) just pointing out that since last year the grand prize cost $$$ it had to be quite good.

DeletedUser

If I'm not mistaken, the Rise of the Phoenix was also impossible to get, no?
I'm pretty sure that double days had not been introduced, so other than some 0.001% chance, the RotP was a premium purchase.

I'm not saying the prizes this time are good(I haven't really mathed them) just pointing out that since last year the grand prize cost $$$ it had to be quite good.

I made use of an offer then, that cost me €15,-, because I loved that building. So what! But I think that's really beside the point.
The point is that there is no change I would do this for these kind of building. Even if I would get them without spending real money, I would probably not place them in my city.

SoggyShorts

Ok, I had a quick look.
A nice full set with
2x Lighthouse
2x Phoenix Pavilion
1x Phoenix Worship
1x Temple of the Phoenix
1x Cultist Plaza

phoenix set.png

56 squares+ 1 road
1 KP
1 Broken Shard
22,000 Culture (392 per square)
5,500 Pop(100 less than 2 max level residences)
80,600 coins
11,520 supplies
1,320 T1 goods
2,332 T2 goods
2,450 T3 goods

If you consider that it very nearly replaces 2 max level residences (32 squares +4 roads), then that brings the size down to 21 squares.
22,000 culture for 21 squares is an incredible 1,047 culture per square!
You can view it as the absolute best culture building in the game, and all of the goods, broken shards, KP, supplies and coins are all pure bonus.

Note: you can still get the important set bonus with 1 less Pavilion which will only drop your supplies and save you 6 squares, but I liked the nice rectangle this setup made.

Last edited:

Karvest

If you consider that it very nearly replaces 2 max level residences (32 squares +4 roads), then that brings the size down to 21 squares.
22,000 culture for 21 squares is an incredible 1,047 culture per square!
And now compare it with a set of 6 Father Tree of Candy Canes (53 squares, taken in chapter 11 on last winter event) that would give you 12000 population (more than 4 max lvl residences, 64 squares + roads as you count) and 12000 culture. Much more incredible, 12000 culture on top of free cells saved on residences and roads.=) And don't even try to compare with top daily building from first winter event scaled up to current chapter (16800 population+16800 culture), or combine them with grand prizes from first winter event, which are even more valuable...

SoggyShorts

@Karvest
If the candy cane tree is available this event, then yeah, it may be a better choice, but I don't really see much point in comparing the event buildings that you can get with ones that you can no longer get.
Otherwise we should just compare everything with winter stars and conclude that every building from now on is crap.;)

Even still, the KP per day,broken shard, and goods are worth something as well. Especially if they ever fix the broken shard limit.

Karvest

I have now 7 Father Tree of Candy Canes got from last winter event and I see no reason to replace them with that grand prizes even despite I'm switching chapters now... May be I'll find the place for both, but not sure full set would be even doable without spending diamonds.

SoggyShorts

I have now 7 Father Tree of Candy Canes got from last winter event and I see no reason to replace them with that grand prizes even despite I'm switching chapters now... May be I'll find the place for both, but not sure full set would be even doable without spending diamonds.
Well no, you wouldn't replace your best buildings, that would be silly. Replacing a couple of normal buildings though like say your pond of recreation and a couple of houses might make sense.

Drop the one extra pavilion and the set is almost the exact same size, giving more of everything, and the KP+shard

Heymrdiedier

@Karvest
If the candy cane tree is available this event, then yeah, it may be a better choice, but I don't really see much point in comparing the event buildings that you can get with ones that you can no longer get.
Otherwise we should just compare everything with winter stars and conclude that every building from now on is crap.;)

Even still, the KP per day,broken shard, and goods are worth something as well. Especially if they ever fix the broken shard limit.
i actually still do this, i find everything since winter event crap, and they all stay in my inventory because of it :p
I dont get this tactic tho, i would find it much more normal that every chapter has its inflation so that those overpowered winter buildings of last year would be totally useless by now. But not, even 4 chapters further i still like having these old event buildings in my town because the new things are crap compared to it.

We all know inflation is a good thing right?