• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The orc requirement really needs attention

DeletedUser651

We were told that if people are coming upon the orc requirement for negotiating far before they reach chapter VIII then things would be changed. Well, people are hitting that requirement way back in chapter VI, the Dwarves. Negotiating has become impossible for many players now.

Could this please be addressed and fixed soon? Thank you! We really need the official word on this. Players are quitting the game because they can't negotiate at all and a bunch of really nasty players are telling them all that they are playing wrong and they had no business getting to ring 10 already. Obviously, this isn't what the devs want, they just want negotiating to get harder, not impossible....but it has become impossible. So, can this be addressed?

We will, of course, monitor this situation. If ring 10 proves to be too soon to have Orcs, and many players who haven't reached chapter VIII won't be able to negotiate anymore, chances are, it will be changed. Negotiating can be made harder, but should not become impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I am getting really frustrated now with the Orcs update , not just in my city that I have the update working, but in one that I am just in the beginning stages of the Dwarven chapter. All of my provinces there are needing Orcs to negotiate and my troops can not fight any of them. I am blowing through troops like crazy. I need expansions in order to grow my city. I refuse to put any more diamonds in my game to buy them.
I want to understand why do any of us have to deal with the Orc updates while we are nearly two chapters away from it. I was able to auto fight prior to this update. I can not any fight now with this update. So do I have to suffer through this crap for two chapters. I may have my troops advanced with research enough by Fairies, But I won't see Fairies because I can't grow my city without space.
Why would the game developers do this? I really don't understand. They needed to bring the Orcs further out in the 13th and 14 rings instead of bringing them in so close to the previous two chapters.
Not sure how long I will remain in the game if I can not advance my other cities.

DeletedUser651

Just unlocked my first ring 10 province. I am halfway through dwarves! I'm not going to be getting access to orcs for a while, especially since my research is stalled out while I upgrade my granite mines and copper foundries to make pushing through the rest of dwarves easier, and then there's all of fairies to contend with. Fortunately it was a crystal province so I could auto fight with treants, but if it was an elixir or marble province... *shudder*. It would've been a complete waste of the coins I spent scouting it! All of the people in my trading block are rings and rings away still! How am I supposed to find them to trade with them if I cannot clear provinces?

DeletedUser651

I can not negotiate provinces because they ask for orcs. I did not even unlock dwarves, how do you expect me to gain provinces to get expansions? Is this the developers way to make people quit the game? Some fights wipe your army and there is no way to win them, what is your solution to that?

DeletedUser651

First off, Im in Dwarves. No where near Orcs. The developers decided to do away with all my neighboring cities, so I lost a ton of income with more chests than cities. I found a way to make that work with more donations to my MH and expanding as much as I could. I expanded towards other cities that still existed in order to get new neighbors. Let me say this, when you have almost 200 provinces scouted and less than 20 neighbors its not easy to gain the gold...lol.
Then I finally get to a neighbor, YEAH!! More gold right? But now Im stuck in dwarves with Orc requirements for most of my provinces and no way to produce Orcs. Yes, I fight 80-90% of my province, but I cannot beat them all, no matter how I configure it. I negotiate some. No option for that any longer unless I spend cold hard cash. No big deal, just push through right? Wrong...I cannot upgrade anything due to space, I cannot upgrade due to peep requirements, cannot upgrade housing due to space. I cannot do anything. I dont hit fairies for awhile and then I will have new space issues.
I sent a ticket in and get the same answer I always do....we will forward to the developers. Well hey! Developers, this stinks!!!
Has anyone found a work around this besides spending on diamonds every week?

DeletedUser651

I have scouted out further because Dwarves is fairly resource-intensive (at least compared to other chapters). I have been using those relics to boost my production, and I have very few provinces left that don't require orcs. I enjoyed a mix of fighting and negotiating, but am now stuck halfway through Dwarves because I no longer have that option, and my fighters are unable to compete in many instances - and I simply refuse to be *required* to fight all the time, since that is not what I'm here for.

DeletedUser651

Another player in my Khelonaar fellowship is starting to see orc requirements as she is just beginning dwarf chapter. She scouts when her Main Hall gets full, so not aggressively or obsessively. It will be months before she gets to orcs. She may not be completely blocked at this point, but is already frustrated and will probably be fully blocked before she gets to orcs.

DeletedUser651

To sum up, it is my belief that the orc requirement is artificially limiting the choices of players at this time, not because it is an inherently bad concept, but because I think there has not been enough training in how to perform combat in the game which has forced some players to give up on the battle system.

DeletedUser651

There was no reason other than greed on the part of Inno to start requiring Orcs in order to progress on the map, as far back in the research tree as it is.

As soon as I find a way to disband my Fellowship (a top 100 one on Winyandor) without damaging the other members, I intend to do just that.

You have successfully "run me off".

DeletedUser651

I feel the reason for playing is being twisted by the monetary desire of the developers. If you have to buy to go forward that is the end of the game for me. Been at this since March '16, but am ready to hang it up. Playing was to build city, now it isto change city and take longer times to accomplisy less. Best of luck to everyone and hope you enjoy playing! (I probably will be gone soon.)

DeletedUser651

Truthfully, I had never been here because I did not know of its existence until today. I have been enjoying playing and figuring out how things work. I have satisfied my own desires with solving puzzles and gaining in my positioning in my Fellowship and in my rating in the game. In the past when my frustrations went ballistic I ranted at my group until I let off enough steam and then picked a new goal and worked at trying to achieve that goal in my own way. The group has been understanding or at least did not say anything or tell me to shut up. I have been at this for a while and have been impressed with other players ideas and city designs to the point I have tried to incorporate some of them into my plan sometimes successfully. I have purchased several sets of diamonds and have used them to buy land for expansions and have not felt uncomfortable about those purchases because they helped me solve a problem my own way. I am getting frustrated more and more because the developers, I feel, are forcing me to play in a way I don't feel good about. I have over 160 scouted areas and I am a terrible fighter, I lose 5 out of 7 fights except one of our group told how to win in crystal areas, and just 4 days ago another offered how I might win in others. Their suggestions have keep me in the game. Now I feel the developers are forcing me to play (buy many more diamonds) their way only. I understand they need income to carry on the work that they do, but forcing me to put money out in a way I am not comfortable will only force me to quit. I just opened a new area to connect with a new player I was trading with, I enjoy helping new people with some of the knowledge I have gained, but in doing so I now find you have to trade in characters not products, this feels like slavery to me, not interested in playing that way. Yes, I understand it is their game and they can do as they please, they will just have to continue the game without me, this is not a line of play I will follow. I was holding back on scouting, it was not necessary, I hit this pay with orcs area and then a challenge to continue clearing the scouted area, I just declined the offer, losing 1.2M in coin to have scouted. To the developers I say make this fun and challenging, don't build in negative ideas, play for problem solving and let me do some things my way. I have not commented before because I did not know it was here AND I feel my opinion is not the one to sway any one. I enjoy and am proud of what I have done so far, I have enjoyed helping a few people, talking to people, and getting help from people. We all will see this game a different way, honestly I've enjoyed it and probably spent to much time doing it, but it is my time and if I don't feel happy with the game I will move on. Thanks for reading this if you got thru it without falling asleep and I hope everyone gets out of the game what they want. Good night and be safe.

DeletedUser651

Does the above give you some idea of how many people are hitting this requirement inappropriately on the live servers? It is a lot.

DeletedUser1513

So what are you exactly suggesting.
You just want to remove the orc stuff or do you propose eg. to double the amount of other goods if you don't have orcs?
That would be fair for those who already invested a lot of orcs in trading these provinces... and allow others to continue exploring...

DeletedUser651

It is a complete block on negotiations if you require Orcs when people aren't in that chapter yet. I am suggesting eliminating the total block on negotiations. Yes, that means changing the Orc requirement thing so it doesn't hit people so early. The easy way is not to have that limitation at all. It is silly. After a day or two of making the stupid things, they start adding up. I have 20,000 orcs just sitting there. That isn't a limitation to the people in the Orc chapter. It is just a further drain on supplies because orcs take so many supplies to produce. If they were trying to slow things down in negotiating chapters it doesn't work to do that.

But if they insist on having this thing, then the next easiest way is to tie the orc requirement to the tech. Once you hit the tech, then the orcs show up as a requirement. Until you do...they don't.

As far as fairness goes, anyone who has invested in trading orcs in these provinces didn't have the orc limitation when they were facing dwarves or fairies so in a way they are way ahead anyway.

Regarding making provinces more expensive goods wise to clear those provinces, that seems silly to me. They are already super expensive, but if that is how they have to rebalance things so more people buy expansions that is better than having players face an insurmountable wall. I'm not a fan of the single thought the devs have to get people to spend money on this game....make them frustrated. There are much better ways to get money from people than from making everyone unhappy. How about this idea....sell something we want.

DeletedUser762

you won't get any kind of response. they just do what they do and they don't give rats behind about all other issues, they only reply to some things, like mb when you post on their up date threads etc. but things like this, and i.e drone riders, shroom production times etc all the separate trheads... they don't give rats behind about that I am afraid. None of the issues that I raised been answered, I don't even understand why we have this forum, supposed to be beta forum, where we get the feed back from the devs, cause we are actually testing this stuff, but we don't get replies at all. mb its not on their agenda, or its like outside their working times, they got some management meetings to discuss the problems, and they don't get enough time to read what we say.

DeletedUser629

Let me clarify something here. We as Elvenar team do our best to help players and answer questions as often as possible. We do however have real life things to do so we cannot be around as often as we'd like.

Personally, i've had some things to attend this weekend, and with my 12 hour work shifts during the week, i can't be around as often as i used to be able to.

Now, back to the question. We understand that many advanced players are hitting a negotiation wall because those players have been scouting and conquering provinces happily before the update where Orcs are needed. This has been done to balance the game more. negotiating became too easy with the massive production bonuses players get from their factories because of all the relics gained in tournaments.

Players can reach the orc chapter before hitting ring 11, and those who are now ''stuck'' can still participate in tournaments to get the kp needed to advance in the tech tree. Not being able to negotiate provinces doesn't mean players can't do anything else.

p.s.

Please use the edit button next time, you're not supposed to post that many times in a row :)

DeletedUser

Not being able to negotiate provinces doesn't mean players can't do anything else.

We cannot earn province expansions. This is such an obvious fact - and almost only the one players have complained about - that Inno's response seems disingenuous. We "can't do anything else" that requires building - in a Builder game. For months.

.... negotiating became too easy with the massive production bonuses players get

If this their concern, Inno could have simply increased the goods required - slowing process rather than electing to block it entirely.

Besides - this blockade affects players who are in Dwarven to Fairy levels. These players seldom have goods inventories of any real significance. (only original players who waited for weeks/months between releases had time to build up goods inventories).

And as far as earning Relics via Tournaments: again, the Dwarven players being blocked via Orc negotiations don't win very many Relics in tournaments. They might be able to complete 3 Provinces to Level 5-6, but seldom more.

those who are now ''stuck'' can still participate in tournaments to get the kp needed to advance in the tech tree

How is this relevant to the blockage from expansions - the source of the player frustration? KP isn't even affected by the blockade, so why bring it up?

Unless the suggestion is that - since we can't build - we're supposed to focus on Tournaments and let our cities just wait until we get through Tech. This suggestion is remarkably hypocritical, given the Sept episode where Timon & co insisted that "fighting will always be optional."

This has been done to balance the game more.

A change can't qualify as "balancing the game" unless it applies to all players. The blockage on earned expansions isn't a "game balance" because anyone who wants to can buy their way past the blockade.

I suppose that we have no choice now but to accept the limit on earned expansions, but not the whitewash.

DeletedUser1548

I am not blocked here on Beta yet so I can't say about Orc wall by experience but even though I do not scout heavily (on purpose) I see I will be blocked. Question is when?

Let me clarify something here. We as Elvenar team do our best to help players and answer questions as often as possible. We do however have real life things to do so we cannot be around as often as we'd like.

Personally, i've had some things to attend this weekend, and with my 12 hour work shifts during the week, i can't be around as often as i used to be able to.
That's fine but still there is a communication problem. Maybe Inno should 'hire' people instead of save money and rely on volunteers?

This has been done to balance the game more. negotiating became too easy with the massive production bonuses players get from their factories because of all the relics gained in tournaments.
Great. Now I understand why I faced Golems III and Paladins III in a province number 1 while having Treant I and no Sorceresses. You don't want me to fight in a tournament. You want to clear my stocks.
Too bad I cater this first particular province and then it's too costly. So, is it so much that I get 1 extra province every 9 weeks for my bonus goods? I think not.
Edit: I should clarify here I know I can complete it 6 times but there are KP's and runes instead of relics sometimes. Plus finishing it six times is quite hard so it is not a lot more than 9 relics, I believe.

Players can reach the orc chapter before hitting ring 11, and those who are now ''stuck'' can still participate in tournaments to get the kp needed to advance in the tech tree. Not being able to negotiate provinces doesn't mean players can't do anything else.
Yes, I can fight. Kind of. Yes, I can cater 1 province in the tournaments. And yes:
We "can't do anything else" that requires building - in a Builder game. For months.

I know it is all about to 'convince' players to buy premium expansions but you (=Inno, not you= @Goryn ) should try to explain it (lie?) better. You offend people's intelligence with statements like this. It is quite funny, though :)