• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

QueenKooky

this particular Quest is very annoying. I have wasted over 600 magic artifacts and only was able to get 1 witches hat. Nothing else, I click on the item it says there's a prize, and then I get a message saying "the prize is not available at this time"? OK, so now I have a completely blank screen and no fog nothing. Sorry, this one is not gong well at all. The way to use the lights is not explained well at all, I wasted a lot before I found out you need to click and Drag them, and the number of times I have ended up with a totally blank screen is also frustrating.

Ice walker

I highly appreciate we finally have a big event for halloween (it's much better than previous questline versions only). I like the mechanic as well, finally we moved away from chest rotation one..
Evolving building looks interesting, what's very rare after last events..
I like the new concept too - however as I am fairly new to Beta, (not to Elvenar) getting enough things to buy candles, lanterns etc is almost impossible, I have gone 2 days now trying to build enough basic goods to complete a quest despite my manus being upgraded as high as they will go. Seems weighted towards people who have been playing longer. I think the amounts should be configured to the level a player is on

Ice walker

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for our latest event here and let us know your thoughts!

Happy Haunting,
Your Elvenar Team
Love the new concept, hate that its taken me 2 days to collect enough basic goods to fulfil a quest early on - Are the number of goods required linked to our levels? if not then new players wont get very far. I used my early resources just to get the hang of how to play and getting ore is very very very slow if you haven't progressed far in the game.

Burger Meister Meister

I have a couple of comments to make.

For past Events I have been quite out spoken about the problems with the changes that Inno has been making to the Events but in all fairness I have to say that after figuring out how the mini-game work, I am really enjoying the changes to this Event.

I like the game play of the mini-game in general. I like the ability to purchase the 3 different types of exploration tools (candle, lantern, flask) and their different functions. I like the ability to skip chests and prizes that don't appeal to me. There is a certain level of strategy that can be applied that requires some thought and I like that.

The graphics are great. In my opinion better than previous events.

The main thing that I DON'T like;

1) There is an over abundance of " Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted, and/or Magical Goods" tasks. With 8 planks, 3 silk and 3 gems I am finding these to be difficult tasks at chapter 5. This task is coming up back to back and quite frequently as tasks 34, 36, 37, 39, 41, 44 and 46. I think this is too frequent and could use more variety in-between.

2) The other thing that is bothering me but to a lesser degree is that the value of the daily prizes seems to be diminishing.

Thanks.

Aeva

I love it. I have four witches hats in inventory, one for grabs and I am pretty sure I can earn another one. That is at least level 7 for the hut. My kinda game :cool:

Enevhar Aldarion

1) There is an over abundance of " Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted, and/or Magical Goods" tasks. With 8 planks, 3 silk and 3 gems I am finding these to be difficult tasks at chapter 5. This task is coming up back to back and quite frequently as tasks 34, 36, 37, 39, 41, 44 and 46. I think this is too frequent and could use more variety in-between.

2) The other thing that is bothering me but to a lesser degree is that the value of the daily prizes seems to be diminishing.

Inno is just trying to slow down the speedy players and producing a ton of goods will do that. But even so, I am all caught up and on the current daily, #60, in my early chapter 7 city.

As for the buildings, there are supposed to be older buildings coming back, and while some of the old Halloween stuff is not super powerful, they look cool and will be nice to have again.

Enevhar Aldarion

I have all of the quests to the daily lock and I've got my witch's hut to level 7. 26 more cats to level 8. I don't think I could that with a candles only strategy.

I am about there too. Completed quest 60 earlier today and had to wait for 61 to unlock. I have enough artifacts for the Hut to be level 7 and, like you, I am on a non-artifact grand prize and only a couple of cats behind you. I have only bought the 420 package, plus maybe 10 or 12 individual candles. I have also picked up what I consider a decent number of lights that were hidden in the fog to supplement that. But even so, I am a little worried about getting that 9th artifact for a level 10 Hut.

palmira

I am about there too. Completed quest 60 earlier today and had to wait for 61 to unlock. I have enough artifacts for the Hut to be level 7 and, like you, I am on a non-artifact grand prize and only a couple of cats behind you. I have only bought the 420 package, plus maybe 10 or 12 individual candles. I have also picked up what I consider a decent number of lights that were hidden in the fog to supplement that. But even so, I am a little worried about getting that 9th artifact for a level 10 Hut.
I am on the same spot in the quests, I also have artifacts to take my hut to lvl7 and I am 2 cats away from the next. I bought a lot of individual candles ( and I wasted a bunch of assorted lights before getting the knack of this thinng)

Enevhar Aldarion

So here is something that I find annoying about the event. Once you are caught up on all the quests, and have spent all your ingredients, to buy another 420 bundle means waiting 3 1/2 days before you have enough ingredients again to buy one. Quests 61-75 are about 70 ingredients each and you get the free 45 each day. That is 115 per day, plus what you pick up. So the next four free dailies, three quests, and what I pick up should make another 420. I hope the next three daily prizes are not anything I want really badly or I am going to be in trouble. At least when this comes to the Live servers, I will know what to budget for. lol

DeletedUser2526

SOOOO DONE... too confusing for me and not even fun anymore.. and I usually LOVE EVENTS.. not this one sorry guys...:(

Deleted User - 90665

Hello
Frankly, this event is incomprehensible, it is pretty but really bad, bad, bad
Even with explanations, it has no interest.
Go back to the vault systems.
No reponse ?
I couldn't agree more.. This was the event I have looked forward to the most since I've started playing about a year ago, and it is the most disappointing.. The quests are repetitive and too heavily based on Producing goods, Recruiting troops, Relics, and things that too take long.. As example:
36​
Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted and/or Magical Goods of your Choice and gain a large amount of coins
37​
Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted and/or Magical Goods of your Choice and gain 8 relic
38​
Gain 2 combining catalysts or 12 relics and Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted and/or Magical Goods of your Choice
And then the prizes are disappointing too..

DeepTerminal

The minigame is great, finally requires some strategy as opposed to just opening chest in the optimal order.

For those who can't even figure out how to play it, video games are probably not for them...

DeletedUser2954

Ok I’ve been playing this event and the prize system is annoying time wasting and badly designed you made tournaments quicker to play then drop this nightmare as a fun gam win game to play. Not for me thanks

Wowwie

Beta Elvenar Fellowship Feedback
Magic Forest Event Feedback

slikdogg
I'm not a fan of this event. I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one because it chews up way to much time for little if any value
Wowwie
15 days left for the event and if the quest line is time consuming as it is there is noway to finis
I totally agree and yvw I like the idea but its just not warrent like you say time and priz
SlikdoggIt has potential but there needs to be a very detailed description of each lighting unit and how best to use it. The hit and miss approach they used is frustrating.
Wowwie
and the cost to buy the lighting is too high to make it enjoyabl
slikkdog
That's for sure. It should be half the cost and double the lighting. It's supposed to be fun not a drain on your time an
WILLOWBRANCH

My city is in beginning of Orcs
there is too many produce vision vapour quest
there are too many buy kp reques
too many Scout Provinces they take over a day
to many long productions one right after another
or the same quest repeating

LILYSMALL
I like the Idea
but the lights are expensive
takes to long to do the quests so iT gets boring and frustratingI do not like the buy kps as the kp counter does not reset so cost of kps are very expensive even for smaller cities
I never can keep enough coins
I would like to see quicker timed quest
less vision vapours quest
less scout a province quest BETTER ALTERNATIVE OR BETTER SPACED APART
more 3 hour quests would be nice and more options in the Ma to complete quests
ELENA
I like the idea of clearing the mist, but the lights are too expensive compared to the time it takes to complete one quest. You get the choice of scout 1 province or gain 20 vision vapours - and you find all crafting items are only worth 1,2 or 3 vapours amd scouting takes nearly 48 hours :(
Even with easier quests, it still takes all day to collect enough magic items to buy some lights - and more info on the best way to use your lights would have been very helpful.
I would like to see more quests to visit neighbours, or 3 hour production
ZEPHERI
I agree that the lights seem too expensive compared to the time it takes to collect enough ingredients to buy them
also, it required a steep learning curve on how to use the lights, so several were wasted just figuring that out
I think I would prefer to have less quests with "and." one doable thing at a tim
also, it required a steep learning curve on how to use the lights, so several were wasted just figuring that ou
I think I would prefer to have less quests with "and." one doable thing at a ti
for the smaller cities it would be nice if they would adjust tournament encounters...now that there's only one encounter per province it greatly reduced the available encounter options for small cities

EIEN ,Mag MAR, Hate it, rewards to hit and miss
MAMINKA UPIRKA Last three days I am waiting for 420 magic items, to buy lanterns and try to play. It takes 8 tasks, for one chance in the map. If you can win anything only twice a week, you really don ´t need daily exclusives, cam be changed to week exclusive
iKRASNE KOTE In my opinion:
Lower chance to win daily prize
Lowers Kp/ Aw Kp
Lower other prize
Worst event ever....
19 quests to end - all lanterns out and hut still on lvl 5
I avoid to take any price except the artIfacts and I feel for me is no way to upgrade. hut to 10 lvl ...good luck to other
Loulu I don’t like this one bit.
Not worth playing
Too confusing for me anyway took too long to figure things out
General feedback from players

Deleted User - 86749

AGREE WITH ALL ISSUES LISTED HERE AND ADDED MY 2 CENTS BELOW:

Beta Elvenar Fellowship Feedback
Magic Forest Event Feedback

slikdogg
I'm not a fan of this event. I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one because it chews up way to much time for little if any value
Wowwie
15 days left for the event and if the quest line is time consuming as it is there is noway to finis
I totally agree and yvw I like the idea but its just not warrent like you say time and priz
SlikdoggIt has potential but there needs to be a very detailed description of each lighting unit and how best to use it. The hit and miss approach they used is frustrating.
Wowwie
and the cost to buy the lighting is too high to make it enjoyabl
slikkdog
That's for sure. It should be half the cost and double the lighting. It's supposed to be fun not a drain on your time an
WILLOWBRANCH

My city is in beginning of Orcs
there is too many produce vision vapour quest
there are too many buy kp reques
too many Scout Provinces they take over a day
to many long productions one right after another
or the same quest repeating

LILYSMALL
I like the Idea
but the lights are expensive
takes to long to do the quests so iT gets boring and frustratingI do not like the buy kps as the kp counter does not reset so cost of kps are very expensive even for smaller cities
I never can keep enough coins
I would like to see quicker timed quest
less vision vapours quest
less scout a province quest BETTER ALTERNATIVE OR BETTER SPACED APART
more 3 hour quests would be nice and more options in the Ma to complete quests
ELENA
I like the idea of clearing the mist, but the lights are too expensive compared to the time it takes to complete one quest. You get the choice of scout 1 province or gain 20 vision vapours - and you find all crafting items are only worth 1,2 or 3 vapours amd scouting takes nearly 48 hours :(
Even with easier quests, it still takes all day to collect enough magic items to buy some lights - and more info on the best way to use your lights would have been very helpful.
I would like to see more quests to visit neighbours, or 3 hour production
ZEPHERI
I agree that the lights seem too expensive compared to the time it takes to collect enough ingredients to buy them
also, it required a steep learning curve on how to use the lights, so several were wasted just figuring that out
I think I would prefer to have less quests with "and." one doable thing at a tim
also, it required a steep learning curve on how to use the lights, so several were wasted just figuring that ou
I think I would prefer to have less quests with "and." one doable thing at a ti
for the smaller cities it would be nice if they would adjust tournament encounters...now that there's only one encounter per province it greatly reduced the available encounter options for small cities

EIEN ,Mag MAR, Hate it, rewards to hit and miss
MAMINKA UPIRKA Last three days I am waiting for 420 magic items, to buy lanterns and try to play. It takes 8 tasks, for one chance in the map. If you can win anything only twice a week, you really don ´t need daily exclusives, cam be changed to week exclusive
iKRASNE KOTE In my opinion:
Lower chance to win daily prize
Lowers Kp/ Aw Kp
Lower other prize
Worst event ever....
19 quests to end - all lanterns out and hut still on lvl 5
I avoid to take any price except the artIfacts and I feel for me is no way to upgrade. hut to 10 lvl ...good luck to other
Loulu I don’t like this one bit.
Not worth playing
Too confusing for me anyway took too long to figure things out
General feedback from players

MY 2 CENTS:
PROS: Very different from previous events

My reasons for playing the events: New Buildings, Time Spells (well used to be awarded), Ancient Knowledge, Units, Enchantments and Evolving Building if it is worth the effort (Moon Bear - not worth it.

CONS:
1.) In every previous event, I've been able to collect all daily prizes thru persistence
2.) Misty forest event, I have yet to win a daily prize. I've bought and spent 800-1000 MIs. The gameplay requires that you scroll through numerous columns with only cats or additional Candles, Lanterns or Flask available on the board. Maybe after making thru 8-16 columns maybe 1 'Lost Item' shows up. Way too few opportunities.
3.) The flask is very limited in its use you lose the ability to use it to its full potential due to the fact you must place it on a square that you have already open and to obtain that position the squares to the left of the placement or more than likely already revealed.
Board - Flask limits.jpg

4.) I'm not even sure why the cat is needed
5.) Fully evolved the Witch's Hut (in Chptr 3) will give the following:
Pop 185
Cul 864
Frog 95 (3/h)
Bonus prod:
6300 Supplies
3 KPs

The only worthy (IMHO) are the Frogs
6.) Are there more buildings I have not discovered other than the Witch's Hut that would affect the 'Bonus prod'?
7.) #60: Scout 2 provinces. (REALLY?! In chapter 10, 1 scout takes over 2 days!)
8.) EVENTS 9, 22, 28, 33, 38, 40, 42, 47, 50, 52, 55, 57, 62 - REQUIRE A NUMBER OF SUPPLIES. Too many too close together.
9.) The number of quests requiring relics, scouting and encounters push the number of provinces opened to be way over the requirement for the next 1-3 chapters!
10.) Quests 1-62 (all I have so far) Requires a total of 206 Relics/Encounters/Upgrades/Research (excluding Spire Encounters and Tournament Encounters). This is a heavy burden for those in the beginning chapters.

I've really lost interest in this event - obtaining buildings or other prizes and the time constraints are way out of balance.

Last edited by a moderator: