• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

CaptObvious

Already made a comment about this event when it first started. I still feel the same (event is OK just not explained well) I have figured out how to play it now and the changes to show you where to use the lights to clear the mist have made it much better and I have been enjoying it
But
What really has miffed me to the max is why do we have the last days of the event locked to one task only and why oh why is the 10th last day is “solve 10 encounters or solve 10 spire encounters” but the 10th last day is not a spire day. I do understand getting a not locked task for the tournament or something like that turning up when the tournament is not on but locked tasks. It should be lined up with the relevant event.

So for live, please spend more time on the explanations for how the game works (with examples would be nice) and make sure the locked day events line up with what events are actually in progress that day

PrimroseSylvia

7.) #60: Scout 2 provinces. (REALLY?! In chapter 10, 1 scout takes over 2 days!)
How many provinces do you have scouted? Because I'm in early chapter 13, and 1 scout takes 28 hours.

province.png

So, this cannot be considered an event "issue" but just related to players game style.

Deleted User - 86749

How many provinces do you have scouted? Because I'm in early chapter 13, and 1 scout takes 28 hours.

View attachment 8049

So, this cannot be considered an event "issue" but just related to players game style.

Pros vs. Con: Arguments or considerations for and against something.
7.) #60: Scout 2 provinces. (REALLY?! In chapter 10, 1 scout takes over 2 days!) is not listed an 'event issue' it is listed as a CON against the event play.

PrimroseSylvia

Pros vs. Con: Arguments or considerations for and against something.
7.) #60: Scout 2 provinces. (REALLY?! In chapter 10, 1 scout takes over 2 days!) is not listed an 'event issue' it is listed as a CON against the event play.
And once again, it's NOT an event issue, bug, call it as you want, but it's only related to PLAYER GAME STYLE
This is YOUR con, not EVENT con.
And as @SoggyShorts said, there's an alternative for those who have overscout.

Ursus Major

so...
Lets take a moment
Even if the building is ok, it propose less gifts than the older ones. Before an event building offer 4 kind of "gifts" per day... his one, only 3.
The new system also has for me an other problem:
we can use canddels or what so ever and win... nothing
At least, on the other event, each chest offers something... Here we can spend a lot and have quite nothing....
So it means that our efforts do not pay, do not bring results
it's discouraging really
not enough rewards for me ...

iDavis

@Ursus Major you can get nothing (what was not possible for spending event currency before), but on the other hand, from my experiences so far, with a good strategy, you can get more than before. So I would say it´s somehow balanced.
And if I had to choose between strategy required event and random-picker only, even without considering rewards I would definitely go for this one. It´s just more engaging and that´s what am I looking for in events the most.

Deleted User - 89361

By avoiding all the Lost Items and going straight for only the Friendly Spirits and Light Sources on the map, there is a real chance of getting 2 Witch's Huts at maximum level?

Ursus Major

@Ursus Major you can get nothing (what was not possible for spending event currency before), but on the other hand, from my experiences so far, with a good strategy, you can get more than before. So I would say it´s somehow balanced.
And if I had to choose between strategy required event and random-picker only, even without considering rewards I would definitely go for this one. It´s just more engaging and that´s what am I looking for in events the most.

In my previous message, I wrote that I like the maze system. I have not changed my point of view. However, I find that the number and quality of awards are much lower.
Inno games continu his politics to give us less and less. the rewards diminish like a skin of sorrow.
And if they want to slow down the players too fast, I can understand that, but I just find it disappointing.
rewards like knowledge points, have been halved. But they only serve our wonders...
They should not mix everything up

Pauly7

No, not without $$$ I think.

I'll be lucky to get 10-11 artifacts and I'm only going for cats.
18 would be incredible.
Yep, for the most part I'm only going for artefacts (though I have uncovered most of the lost items that come my way.) I should get my hut to level 9, but very doubtful it will be 10. If I'd simply not uncovered those lost items then I can't imagine that earning me more than one extra artefact.

DeletedUser1953

I had a different quest...
Scout 2 Provinces or Upgrade 3 buildings to level 6 or higher
In any chapter after 3 that quest can be done in about an hour, :eek: less with some prep.
And for me ?
1602500263039.png

Finally i prefer vapor as alternative or even a massive T1/supplies, but i do not need to build multiple building to do a quest and then sell it. Why not another alternative (or) for high end city ?

FieryArien

I don't think I'm alone in saying rune shards as a daily exclusive is rather lame.
Yeah that made me laugh. My next "grand" prize coming up is also 3 rune shards.
Well ... I was glad to win runes during this event - to have a shot at a Monastery rune. Let me explain:

I have a small-ish city. Currently finally chapter 5. And I experienced first hand the rune-nerf introduced some time ago. Remember that? In the fellowship rewards you can no longer get rune for a wonder you haven’t researched yet. So even though I’m in a 10+ chests fellowship, I didn’t have a single Monastery rune when I research it. Tough situation and every chance for that rune was welcomed.

Karvest

Every 10+chests FS have some sort of KP exchange program, which is a lot more convenient way to get desired runes, especially later in the game where random rewards are too diverse.

FieryArien

Every 10+chests FS have some sort of KP exchange program, which is a lot more convenient way to get desired runes, especially later in the game where random rewards are too diverse.
That’s how I got some of the runes, yes. But not enough. Fresh in chapter 5 you don’t have a lot to invest in those threads anyway. And in chapter 5 the runes aren’t that diverse, the chances are quite good. Please note that I didn’t write about late game, but about small city.

Pauly7

I have a small-ish city. Currently finally chapter 5. And I experienced first hand the rune-nerf introduced some time ago. Remember that? In the fellowship rewards you can no longer get rune for a wonder you haven’t researched yet. So even though I’m in a 10+ chests fellowship, I didn’t have a single Monastery rune when I research it. Tough situation and every chance for that rune was welcomed.
Yeah, they can be useful in that situation. It's very niche though. In the first 4 or 5 chapters it can be great. Any further advanced than that and even if you do need rune shards, the chances of the ones coming up that you need are slim.

Deleted User - 86749

How do you get more when 'Friendly Spirits do not show up on your board? Mine has had the same offerings through 3 cycles (24 columns), what is the strategy that I can use to win more desired objects?
2 Cats and 1 Lantern collected from these 7 columns, a cat to collect in column 8.jpg