• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Cauldron

Enevhar Aldarion

So to get Mercenary Camp units health increase I need to finish at least chapter 17 (now I have only 3 first effects available due to optional techs not being researched)

Well, I will never get that one on Beta, or the ones for chapter 16, because I am not wasting KP and resources just to complete the Wonder researches for those two chapters.

As for available effects, I put one of each of the ingredients into the Cauldron and it showed me 15 possible boosts, which looks to be how many I have unlocked with chapters 1-15 fully researched.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I can improve effects:

Such as done by the Barracks Units Strength Increase:

But it has currently no effect at all.
Probably because i was not lucky to receive any effect.

Will the increase stay anyway at this level for ever or will this be vanished every week?
As Vaeri has said in the announcement, the Study phase influences what happens in the next Brewing phase:
the Studying Phase prepares you for the next Brewing Phase to come!
While studying, you can improve the potion effects you can create by brewing permanently. Learning how a potion works will give you the possibility of increasing its maximum duration and boost value, so be sure to study! Whenever you brew your next potion, the improved values will be visible in the effects forecast.

Heymrdiedier

List of all currently available effects (I'm too lazy to convert icon id into full human readable description, but IMHO their names are self-explanatory):
SourceNameiconId
pe_301Magical Tax Increasemoney
pe_302Supply Surplus Spellsupplies
pe_303General's Mayhemhb_strength
pe_304Trader's Basic Pleagoods_standard_basic
pe_305Trader's Refined Pleagoods_standard_refined
pe_306Trader's Precious Pleagoods_standard_precious
pe_307Monsters' Mayhemtg_strength
pe_308Gift of the High Menportal_production
pe_309Horde Uprisingorcs
pe_310Enar's Boonmana
pe_311Mercenaries' Mayhemmc_strength
pe_312Harvest Moonseeds
pe_313Trader's Basic Prayergoods_sentient_basic
pe_314Trader's Refined Prayergoods_sentient_refined
pe_315Trader's Precious Prayergoods_sentient_precious
pe_316Monsters' Morale Boosttg_health
pe_317Mercenaries' Morale Boostmc_health
pe_318Unur's Resurgenceunurium
pe_319Trader's Basic Blessinggoods_ascended_basic
pe_320Trader's Refined Blessinggoods_ascended_refined
pe_321Trader's Precious Blessinggoods_ascended_precious
pe_322General's Morale Boosthb_health

So to get Mercenary Camp units health increase I need to finish at least chapter 17 (now I have only 3 first effects available due to optional techs not being researched)
now that's interesting to know, so what if we intentionally not do a chapter completly anymore, because we don't want the effects we get later on (since they reduce the chance of an effect we do want?)

Is this list in order then?

Jammin

Here's my take on why the cauldron isn't really attractive for two reasons, and much hype about nothing.
On the one hand, the items collected by the sorceress cannot be saved/transferred to the next week, which means that some items always cost diamonds.

The problem here is the benefit for the used diamonds.
Let's assume the ideal case that you have found out the 2-3+ potions that are most interesting for you. The fact that you still have to strengthen these potions we leave out.

I strongly assume that you won't get with a handful of items a more damage or more life potion, for example.
So you will have to invest diamonds for items if you want to create your favorite potion.

Any tournament player will realize that with as little as 50 Diamonds or Sip of Clarity you can spin the Academy and also get a Tournament Booster that lasts 5 days.

I can't say at this point how many diamonds it will cost to make weekly just one favorite potion, but my guess is it will be more than expected.

The cauldron doesn't really look like an advantage to me at the moment, but rather a black hole.

Arthus

Isn't critical effect cost a lot too high?

around 160k spell fragments to have 50% of chance of triggering critical on a single potion?
I would say that having more than 1 million spell fragments overall is a highly end-game thing, and i doubt someone would lose their entire ammount on 6-7 potions

Prueba2

Ok, strange that standard (T1/T2/T3) and sentient (S1/S2/S3) got splitted while being treated as a whole in:
  • Mountain Halls, Aureate Phoenix,
  • D111-a "Timewarp", Vortex of Storage,
  • Tree of Enlightenment,
So, with the maximum 5 goblets per week, a battling player could activate 5/6 posssible battling effects (*) while a catering player could activate 5/9 possible production effects (3xstandard+orcs+mana+seeds+3xsentients=9 // disregarding gold and tools)

I had hoped for some effects boosting Spells (Power of Provisions, ...) or affecting Wholesaler, reducing Tournament time, Catering costs, recovering Squads...
Something more strategic?

The effects are similar to Ancient Wonders but not alike at all ...

(*): Depeding on the type ot units, not that it would be really necessary to activate all 5 of them...

EDIT: Yes, Units also got splitted among their building....

Biloutte91

And if you have not completed ALL the research off the chapters of ascended goods so ........ you have not this :( :( :(

Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 181711.png

i'm here of the chapter XIX but I have not completed all the research of all the chapter

Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 181937.png

Karvest

Announcement states that you can get up to 5 goblets a week, and should use all of them as they are not carried to next week. At the same time it states that you can get 10 active effects. + I have 9 goblets for now.
So questions:
1.Goblets from tournament stay between weeks if not used or we just got more for testing purposes this week?
2.Each goblet can activate more than one effect or we need 10 goblets to activate 10 announced effects?

Mykan

Two questions I couldn't see explained/answered:
  1. Is there a cap on the level of studying?
  2. Is there a reset for studying like with FS perks where full investment is refunded and can be spent again in a different fashion? Having a free reset every x months would be really good so you could change your mind or approach to your town

Jammin

And if you have not completed ALL the research off the chapters of ascended goods so ........ you have not this :( :( :(

View attachment 10475

i'm here of the chapter XIX but I have not completed all the research of all the chapter
You should ask yourself if you need all these potion diplomas at all... do you really want to invest resources and diamonds to get a potion for a higher production of goods for a few hours ?

Biloutte91

You should ask yourself if you need all these potion diplomas at all... do you really want to invest resources and diamonds to get a potion for a higher production of goods for a few hours ?

No, of course, but I would like to be able to use the one from chapter XVIII (ascended goods) and for the moment i can't :(

Jammin

No, of course, but I would like to be able to use the one from chapter XVIII (ascended goods) and for the moment i can't :(
So if you haven't completed a research field in previous chapters, you don't get the diplomas for the potions for the other chapters, even though all research there has been completed?

Lelanya

Well at least cauldron will strike a bit against these players who deliberately chose not to complete optional squad increase technologies to have advantage in tournaments. I already like how this function looks. We just need more time to understand it.

And if there's someone with all technologies in game done, please share all possible effects if you could, please.
I might know someone, but his city is on live.

Biloutte91

So if you haven't completed a research field in previous chapters, you don't get the diplomas for the potions for the other chapters, even though all research there has been completed?

Yes :(

Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 202902.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 202951.png

i am in the chapter XIX (not completed)

Standard goods
Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 203151.png

Sentient goods
Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 203209.png

but not ascended goods
Capture d’écran 2022-11-29 203447.png

and i need some ^^ ascended goods for the chapter XIX and XX

Last edited:

Moncsociusz

Hi guys! I'm a phone user only. Is there a possibility to check my potion effects somehow after I drank it. I know I had a critical obe, but forgot it already and in the cauldron window I only see the study room and the counter until reset. Thank you!

Alcaro

I'm not sure if I'm correct but:
- I am in the middle of ch.20 > we deduct 1 chapter
- I have 2 uncompleted techs in ch.16 > we deduct another chapter (you can see in my first screenshot, ch.17 it's ticked as completed)

This means I have 18 completed chapters.

Cauldron_1.jpg

In the MA, it appears I have 18 Research Diplomas.

Cauldron_2.jpg

My personal conclusion is if a chapter is completed it doesn't matter where is in the tech tree or if has before or after it an incomplete chapter. Once a chapter is completed and get it's green tick near the flag, it counts for diplomas.