• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Lovec Krys

My bet is 1 time only (so new players can have only 1 set, old players upgrades their sets with RRs):
That probably also means, that Inno's solution to the scroll issue is not change Spire set to bonus dependant, but to remove it from spire.
Not keen about pernamant artefact rotation in Spire.

Karvest

It would anyway be a huge waste of time for all old players who was active during Stonehenge event...

Pauly7

+ new spire rewards set with Stonehenge artifacts (same chances as phoenix one)
Is this for real? Is there anybody out there who actually wants a Stonehenge artefact? They were easy to win the first time and it's not like there were three of them meaning people had other options to build. I built my Stonehenge because I liked how it looked, but the building isn't amazing. I have spare artefacts already.

OK, so I guess the answer is that it now becomes available to the people who weren't here during that event, but why exclude the majority of players so some people can get a past mediocre evolving building?

There are 3 options
1. that would be a singleton recipes and won't appear if you already have that building
2. that would be a regular recipes enabled instead of other currently active recipes
3. that would be a regular recipes in addition to other currently active recipes
Surely, surely surely... it will be option 1. They can't possibly mean to exacerbate the problem by allowing people to craft limitless numbers of Spire sets... Not even Inno would do that right?

Enevhar Aldarion

Is this for real? Is there anybody out there who actually wants a Stonehenge artefact? They were easy to win the first time and it's not like there were three of them meaning people had other options to build. I built my Stonehenge because I liked how it looked, but the building isn't amazing. I have spare artefacts already.

OK, so I guess the answer is that it now becomes available to the people who weren't here during that event, but why exclude the majority of players so some people can get a past mediocre evolving building?

The Stonehenge evolving building was the first one offered after the concept was introduced with the three Phoenix buildings in 2019. And this was over a year and a half ago. Lots of new players since then and lots of players with newer cities on additional servers to the one they were playing the first time around. Plus it gives seeds in chapter 11+, and we all know how much of a pain getting seed-producing buildings is when you first need them. Now, back to my original point. Maybe they are planning on running through all the evolving buildings like this. Next after Stonehenge was the Mermaid building, and then the first three Bears. Let's see if they keep this order going.

Pauly7

The Stonehenge evolving building was the first one offered after the concept was introduced with the three Phoenix buildings in 2019. And this was over a year and a half ago. Lots of new players since then and lots of players with newer cities on additional servers to the one they were playing the first time around. Plus it gives seeds in chapter 11+, and we all know how much of a pain getting seed-producing buildings is when you first need them. Now, back to my original point. Maybe they are planning on running through all the evolving buildings like this. Next after Stonehenge was the Mermaid building, and then the first three Bears. Let's see if they keep this order going.
I will have the same reaction to any of them. The only exceptions are 2019 Phoenixes and the Bears. With those ones a) There were 3 options so many people didn't get them all b) They were good enough that it's worth offering to the newer players. With this plan they are just cutting any longer standing players out of the party (which is the majority)... and the benefit of this is just to offer something mediocre at best to the newbies. It's such a poor idea.

SoggyShorts

Surely, surely surely... it will be option 1. They can't possibly mean to exacerbate the problem by allowing people to craft limitless numbers of Spire sets... Not even Inno would do that right?
Even if it is, the problem should continue to get worse unless a Silk/obsidian/soap and a Crystal/velvet/shrooms set is also added (which would be kinda cool, but creates the issue of players not needing to trade)

Sigh. Basically, every solution that doesn't change the output type of all existing and future moonstone sets sucks.

Jammin

I don't understand why INNO solves or answers the question about artifacts in this way. When I first heard that there would be artifacts in the tower, I was thrilled but what they made of it is so frustrating and bad. Just as an example I'm done with week four of my world now and have 1 artifact ... what nonsense. I already have a fire bird but if I don't have one, what then? good luck next year?

Why not implement an antique dealer in the tower or somewhere else with all the artifacts that have existed so far, so that every newcomer and whoever needs them can buy them there.
For example for fragments, new players hardly have any fragments, and would be driven into the tower.
Long-term players have enough of it, but they don't need every artifact 9 times ... why this rejection of a healthy solution for everyone?

Shall we annoy ourselves every time in the tower because we either don't get artifacts that we want and some that we don't need?
Should this go on and on now?

CrazyWizard

Even if it is, the problem should continue to get worse unless a Silk/obsidian/soap and a Crystal/velvet/shrooms set is also added (which would be kinda cool, but creates the issue of players not needing to trade)

Sigh. Basically, every solution that doesn't change the output type of all existing and future moonstone sets sucks.

if the set would be 1 per player it would not be that bad, the sets output ain't so amazing that it would stifle scroll trades.

The main issue is the existing sets of which you can own many copies. and as long as those do not fade out (which takes many years) the issue will stay.
if the moonstone set was introduced as a 1 part only it would have never got this far.

ekarat

I mostly trade sentient goods, not standard goods. Do you trade standard goods? I don't think this is a new problem, if indeed someone chooses to see it as a problem.

CrazyWizard

I mostly trade sentient goods, not standard goods. Do you trade standard goods? I don't think this is a new problem, if indeed someone chooses to see it as a problem.

you should be trading standaard goods, unless...

It's especially killing for new players, especially when they do not get into a supporting fellowship.

SoggyShorts

I hardly use goods for anything other than to take trades for my FS, but I'm not thinking about myself, it's lower chapter players who absolutely need to trade goods, and having an easily obtainable set that produces a very nice amount of scrolls and only scrolls in every city will bork the economy even more I think.

PaNonymeB

if the set would be 1 per player it would not be that bad, the sets output ain't so amazing that it would stifle scroll trades.

The main issue is the existing sets of which you can own many copies. and as long as those do not fade out (which takes many years) the issue will stay.
if the moonstone set was introduced as a 1 part only it would have never got this far.
I don't know how it is in beta or your live world but in my live world (fr3) Bismuth used to be very rare two years ago and since the Spire it has become more common and is becoming the easiest T6 good to find on the trader. Bismuth is produced in the Moonstone gate, a 4×1 building which has not a that good production ratio. Its main use remains to give the last bonus to the libraries, so I don't think there are many players with many moonstone gates (you can use one to connect 4 libraries). I think this difference in bismuth production could be explained by people having just one moonstone gate, which over years produces a significant amount of bismuth. So I think 1 set/player is enough to unbalance the market.

FieryArien

I don't know how it is in beta or your live world but in my live world (fr3) Bismuth used to be very rare two years ago and since the Spire it has become more common and is becoming the easiest T6 good to find on the trader. Bismuth is produced in the Moonstone gate, a 4×1 building which has not a that good production ratio. Its main use remains to give the last bonus to the libraries, so I don't think there are many players with many moonstone gates (you can use one to connect 4 libraries). I think this difference in bismuth production could be explained by people having just one moonstone gate, which over years produces a significant amount of bismuth. So I think 1 set/player is enough to unbalance the market.
I tend to agree with this. My boost is bismuth and I remember how advantageous my boost was when I was in Constructs (EN2 world). I’m in the Traders chapter there now and over time I observed the decline in bismuth requests in trader. Already for some (long) time it’s the worst traded T6 good. Another my city just got into Constructs. It has shrooms as a boost and I see how extremely easy it is to get bismuth for my shrooms.

CrazyWizard

well lets assume every has only one.

In chapter 17 you get a whopping 1380 bismut a day, does that even make a dent, especially for a decaying good that does not stack and has it's limit?
No! so if the issue on your world is bismut, and people have a max of 1 moonstone gate. in that case the reason is somewhere else.
Maybe something in the past created a more than average of bismut boosted players to quit.

Also the real question is... is there still a bismut issue? are there people who are unable to aquire other goods with there bismut or is the issue that there are sevaral pages of goods on the market?
Because as long as those goods are picked up, it doesn't matter if there are 10 pages of bismut offers.

At the start of chapter 15 and release of chapter 16 there where hundreds of pages, but that makes sense as everyone needs everything at the same time in large quantities. now it's more releaxed and sometimes I just pick up all and every bismut trade on the market, just because I can and because I need bismut to feed my spire.

1 expensive mee is good enough to counter a few hundred moonstone gates.
and how many chaptr 17 moonstone gate players are there?

Scrolls is different, not only do people get much more of them, these are cumulative, they do not decay so even a grain of salt every day will eventually mountain of salt.

On the contrary 1 bucket of salt outdoors in a wet condition will permiate into the ground and it will never grow into a big pile of salt. (sentient decay) it will never in a thousant years grow into a salt mountain

CrazyWizard

I tend to agree with this. My boost is bismuth and I remember how advantageous my boost was when I was in Constructs (EN2 world). I’m in the Traders chapter there now and over time I observed the decline in bismuth requests in trader. Already for some (long) time it’s the worst traded T6 good. Another my city just got into Constructs. It has shrooms as a boost and I see how extremely easy it is to get bismuth for my shrooms.
the question is do you get shrooms for your bismut, or is this just a 5 min vs a 5 hour flex?
and even in the contructs chapter we had a bismut overflow on our server. I have heared of servers where the issue ain't bismut but soap or shrooms instead.

FieryArien

the question is do you get shrooms for your bismut, or is this just a 5 min vs a 5 hour flex?
and even in the contructs chapter we had a bismut overflow on our server. I have heared of servers where the issue ain't bismut but soap or shrooms instead.
My sample of two (worlds) isn’t much, I know. ;-) The answer is:
- In my Traders city it’s not a big problem to get shrooms for bismuth, but it’s a problem to get soap - fortunately when I post 3* trades for soap, they do get picked up (eventually).
- In my Constructs city I see a lot of bismuth, there is no problem to get it for my shrooms. The few trades asking for soap that I posted so far were taken quite quickly.
- Summary: in both worlds the easiest T6 goods to get is bismuth. And I tend to believe the Moonstone Gate does have a significant impact on this. Everyone who want CCs from Libraries needs Moonstone Gate(s).