• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Deleted User - 81190

When I talk about difficulty, I am specifically talking about the squad-size difference between your troops and the enemy, per star and province. Those are the same, no matter the chapter you are in. The other stuff that can factor into difficulty is too individual to make a blanket statement about.
Not really, what I am talking about is that at some point in the province progression you will be facing the same ratio of your vs enemy squads, but enemy troops will be 4* instead of 3*. This would be the same for everyone in the same province, except for people who already unlocked 4* for themselves (in which case the outcome is not clear). For everyone else from that province on, actual encounter difficulty will increase.

Enevhar Aldarion

Not if you're doing less than 10 provinces per round. Given all the recent changes, I think we can establish that anything more than that is considered excessive and is penalized.

I believe either the first 15 or first 20 provinces will stay the same after the 4* troops are added.

Currently, all stars of provinces 1-5 have only 1* enemies. All stars of provinces 6-10 have max of 2* enemies. And then the 3* enemies take over in the 11th province. So I think either provinces 11-15 or 11-20 will stay at 3* enemies and then the 4* will take over after that.

Deleted User - 81190

I believe either the first 15 or first 20 provinces will stay the same after the 4* troops are added.

Currently, all stars of provinces 1-5 have only 1* enemies. All stars of provinces 6-10 have max of 2* enemies. And then the 3* enemies take over in the 11th province. So I think either provinces 11-15 or 11-20 will stay at 3* enemies and then the 4* will take over after that.
Possible, but Inno can always make an effort to "balance" things out some more...

The thing is, catering is not affected by that. So these extreme compact catering cities that are being build to own new tournament are just as viable as before.

Karvest

but enemy troops will be 4* instead of 3*. This would be the same for everyone in the same province, except for people who already unlocked 4* for themselves (in which case the outcome is not clear). For everyone else from that province on, actual encounter difficulty will increase.
That would be the same for those who unlocked 4* troops as well. They would just have easier provinces up to that one comparing with those who are still sitting at 3*.

Arthus

Why even increasing difficulty for enemies? What's the point of progress then if everything is the same?
Should be easier, not the same...

SoggyShorts

Your "if" also depends greatly on how many points a person wants each week. 3000? 5000? 10k? 15k?
Aren't there only 3 possibilities?
1. You do whatever is sustainable in the tournament
2. You do more than what is sustainable (for a while)
3. You do less than what is sustainable (and stockpile troops)

I'm not sure why anyone would stockpile troops, and doing more than what is sustainable is... well unsustainable.
So that leaves doing what is sustainable as the only logical thing left to discuss.

So, the question is: Does completing 2.X chapter's worth of techs in order to unlock 4* units lead to a higher or lower sustainable tournament ability?
Is it better to have: 10% more HP, and +10% Damage, and Defence vs certain units and ~30% larger SS.
Also the +~30% is for all of your fights, but I assume you don't unlock all 15 four-star units? so that +10% is going to be worth a lot less

CrazyWizard

Chapter 18 in progress
They added 4-star military units to the files.
Health, + 10% bonus for attacks against their favorite victim and 10% defense against them increased compared to 3 stars.
is it worth going through chapters 16 and 17 and taking the penalty for a 10% buff?

If thats all the buff you get, hell no.
unless that health bonus is insane like 50% or so.

Heymrdiedier

I don't get how they manage to make a bad combat system even worse and worse each update....

So will be getting enemys with -100% defense against our units now?
This only means you will need those mercenary camp units even more then we already do now. Since those are the only (good) units that can destroy that defense.

Karvest

There are no units with -100% defense, max -90%. but that's still a huge difference with -80% that was before.

ErestorX

I'm not sure why anyone would stockpile troops, and doing more than what is sustainable is... well unsustainable.
So that leaves doing what is sustainable as the only logical thing left to discuss.

If you play for KP, it is reasonable to stockpile troops instead of playing round 6. If you play for the tournament rank or ranking points it is reasonable to stockpile troops instead of playing more provinces once you are sure you will win the tournament. Might not be very common, but it happens.

SoggyShorts

If you play for KP, it is reasonable to stockpile troops instead of playing round 6.
Wouldn't doing more provinces 5x make more sense than stockpiling?
If you play for the tournament rank or ranking points it is reasonable to stockpile troops instead of playing more provinces once you are sure you will win the tournament. Might not be very common, but it happens.
Literally ONE person per week. Max. "not very common" SMH

I don't understand these forums sometimes. There will almost always be a 0.00001% exception to anything, so what? Does it really matter?

Deleted User - 81190

I stockpile troops. Not claiming that this is a common scenario, but I do a certain amount of points every single tournament regardless of type, and as this is tricky to calibrate exactly I have quite a surplus of troops on a weekly basis. I could be doing a lot more, but it also requires more time (not as bad as before), and that's just not something I am interested in.

Well, I stockpile everything here as it also just gives flexibility to adjust to any changes that might be coming.

SoggyShorts

Having an emergency stash is an obvious choice, and maintaining a reserve is not stockpiling.
Growing that stash by every week or significantly every 9 weeks is.

So the question remains:

Will going from chapter 15 to 17 in order to get 4-star units improve one's sustainable tournament abilities for the vast majority of players?

I don't know if you guys are just bored or what.

Last edited:

ErestorX

Wouldn't doing more provinces 5x make more sense than stockpiling?

Yes, but I only have 85 Provinces on average and played all of those to at least 5 in 3/9 of the new tournaments.

There will almost always be a 0.00001% exception to anything, so what? Does it really matter?

It matters to me, because I was part of this minority 5/9 times. Actually 8/9 times because I prefer stockpiling to battling a member of my own GM for the win.

But the main reason I have been stockpiling troops/time boosters ist that I did not know how many provinces I could play in the new tournament and preferred to start cautiously.

Last edited:

little bee

Aren't there only 3 possibilities?
1. You do whatever is sustainable in the tournament
2. You do more than what is sustainable (for a while)
3. You do less than what is sustainable (and stockpile troops)
4. You do less than what is sustainable and spend less supplies on troops.
This is the most common approach for casuals.

Karvest

If you need to spend supplies for something else - your sustainable is less, and not you do less than what is sustainable.
The most common approach for casuals - don't bother with tourney at all, and do what you find the time to do.

SoggyShorts

4. You do less than what is sustainable and spend less supplies on troops.
As Karvest said, that makes no sense. Sustainable means what you can do all the time (or every 9-weeks).
If you don't have enough supplies to do everything you want plus train troops then that dictates what is "sustainable"

SoggyShorts

Yes, but I only have 85 Provinces on average and played all of those to at least 5 in 3/9 of the new tournaments.
I'm sorry, but the singular data point from a player who does more than 99.9999% of players in the tournament cycle isn't really relevant at all to my question.
It matters to me, because
No. My question was:
"Will going from the end of chapter 15 through 16 & 17 to reach the new 4-star units in 18 increase or decrease one's sustainable tournament ability?"
You are in chapter 17, you can no longer make this choice.
The stockpiling question was part of a conversation line on this question. Please follow along more carefully.