• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Spoiler: Halloween Event quests

DeletedUser1681

This is getting simply ridiculous. This contest tells us to scout 6 provinces and yet we are told that we are all scouting way too fast!!! Then stop telling us to scout things!!!!
I'm not that far myself but according to nokki there's another option to scouting.
16. Scout 3 provinces or produce spell power of provision 3 times

I understand you are upset (from several threads now) about issues brought up by recent updates, but as far as events go consider this: not so many weeks ago there was another group of players (beginners, players at low levels) who were upset because they thought that they didn't have a chance with Walter. I myself am at lower levels of play (and I believe I'm not the only one of those who's still playing) and think this task setup works for most players so far.

DeletedUser651

No good deed.

deleted comment

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

@Bobbykitty: I don't want this to get personal, it's just that even though you have valid arguments... I'm afraid that when they spill over from one thread to another their impact becomes less and less forcefull.

I see your point in scouting & get relics contradiction and agree, but I think that the system is or soon will be such that you won't hit a wall, you are forced to slow down (something like the chests in the beginning of each chapter). And as in another thread it was said "if it's there from the beginning you don't feel it's such limit" or something to that effect and so newer players take it as is (maybe dumb and boring) but still.

DeletedUser651

I will happily take it back. Never mind. Sorry I brought it up.

DeletedUser

Actually, i agree with kitty that it is absurd. even for lower level players. yes, the scouting time is shorter for them, but it still doesn't make sense. I have a new city in the middle of chapter II. Now, i am trying hard to keep that city within the limits that inno has set, so i don't want to have more than 30 provs done by the time i get to chapter III. But just with the walter event i had to scout/complete several provs because i don't have access to tournaments yet to gain relics. and if i am not pass that point when this event comes, i will be forced to scout over the 30 provs to complete the event.
which means i won't be able to fight in any of them.

So inno needs to sort this... we either are not supposed to scout/do provinces faster, in which case events shouldn't be asking us to do that, or its ok to go as far as you want, in which case all the limitations they imposed with the battle system should be reverted.

Because with the increase of events, if all the events go by this pattern of asking multiple times to scout/solve encounter/earn relics, players will have no choice but to go over the limit of provinces for each chapter!!

DeletedUser724

quest 14 scout a provinces
I have to negotaition to get a scout to go and
I am now on hold for 4 hour as
my scouting time is 3 days 4 hour...at end of scouting, i am in bed
ass another 8 hour
3 days and 12 hour !!!
too terrible quest

CrazyWizard

just 1 province? doesnt sound to bad to me, with 9 days left, scouting should not really be the issue, fighting some encounters, that would be a pain in the ass.

DeletedUser1681

I was looking at my local server city with this questline in mind, especially #9: "upgrade 3 buildings to level 3 or higher". Has anyone tried if the questie accepts upgrading something like a copper foundry ?

CrazyWizard

that will probebely work, the easiest and quickest way is always a brand new tier 1 factory, for example marble factories, they take nearly no space and they go to level 3 in under 45 minutes. (some seconds, 6 minutes, 30 something minutes)

DeletedUser

17. Produce toolbox 7 times & Produce Bread 50 times for 1 each of marble, planks, steel relic
I do not understand, if quest 17 is: produce tool box 7 times & bread 50 times & 1 relic for each tier 1 material? Or is the prize for step 17 the lvl 1 material relics? or am I blind and it is something totally different?

DeletedUser1713

I was looking at my local server city with this questline in mind, especially #9: "upgrade 3 buildings to level 3 or higher". Has anyone tried if the questie accepts upgrading something like a copper foundry ?
If you have the space, and I know space can be an issue, you could just build 3 houses and level them up. They can be levelled up to level 3 in no time and torn down afterwards. You could even get a head start and build 3 now and level them up to level 2 in preperation. That's what I'm doing anyhow.

nokki

I do not understand, if quest 17 is: produce tool box 7 times & bread 50 times & 1 relic for each tier 1 material? Or is the prize for step 17 the lvl 1 material relics? or am I blind and it is something totally different?

The relics are the prize for the mission 17

If you have the space, and I know space can be an issue, you could just build 3 houses and level them up. They can be levelled up to level 3 in no time and torn down afterwards. You could even get a head start and build 3 now and level them up to level 2 in preperation. That's what I'm doing anyhow.

It takes even less time if you build a tier 1 factory, marble or planks ar not taking so much place. 20 min to lvl 2, and 25 min to lvl 3 :D

SoggyShorts

Using the information gained in this thread I made the following guide, feel free to share it =)

Some newer players had a bit of difficulty with the Wonky event, so I thought I'd help you prepare for the next one, feel free to share this with your fellowship.

The rewards for this event are really good, so it might be worth using any new expansions you get between now and then for temporary buildings that will help you in the event like extra level 1 workshops and level 1 of your boosted goods(see note below)

Note: When I refer to "boosted goods" I am talking about tier 1 (marble, steel, or planks) to find out which one is your "boosted good" click on the relics tab in your mainhall.

For the Halloween event, you should have at least
  • 7 workshops(any level)
  • A magic academy, level 2 if possible
  • 6 of your boosted goods factory (any level) it's possible with just 3 or 4, but will cost you an extra day or 2
  • 6 of each of the relics needed to make a "power of provision spell" (these vary from player to player, find yours in your magic academy when you select the spell)
  • At least 1 province available to scout (but don't scout it yet save it for #14!)
  • At least 11 encounters that you can clear either by fighting or catering, (this one might require a lot of prep if you are fairly new. If fighting is hard for you, add up all of the goods you'll need to cater 11 encounters, and save them for quest #12)
  • 1 power of provision spell cooked but not collected in you magic academy (don't collect it until quest #8!)
  • 4 buildings at level 3 that you can upgrade to level 5. (These can be anything from residences, work shops, or your boosted goods, but don't upgrade them past level 3 until the quest tells you to!) Which buildings you choose depends on your situation. I suggest workshops as they will help with multiple quests in the event, even though they may be slower to upgrade. If speed is your only concern, marble factorys are small and fast to upgrade.

The first few quests are pretty simple:
1. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
2. Produce 15m workshop supplies 3 times
("simple tools")
3. Gain 5000 Coins (change your city name to "MH please" by left clicking on it so that visitors know to give you coins instead of culture buffs, and visit as many people as you can and give neighborly help to get more coins)
4. Produce 5m workshop supplies 5 times ("beverages")
5. Gain 1000 Supplies(shorter production times give more supplies per minute than long ones)
6. Produce 1h workshop production 6 times ("bread")
7. Produce boosted goods 3h production 3 times and 3h workshop production 3 times
(as soon as you complete this quest, set 5 workshops, and 4 boosted goods buildings to 9h production to prep for quest #10, and don't collect them until you are there!)

8.Scout 1 Province or produce Spell Power of Provision 1 time (If you have one pre-cooked you can collect it now and instantly complete this quest, and you should now set your MA to produce 2 more power of provision spells that you will need later)

9. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher (take those 4 level 3 buildings from the list above, and upgrade them each one time only, I know the quest only asks for 3, but you will need 4 later)

10. Produce 9h boosted goods 4 times and 9h workshop production 5 times(if you started these back as suggested after quest #7, you can collect them whenever they are ready)
As soon as you are done this, start making the 24h production on 6 of your boosted goods to prep for quest #13 (again, don't collect them until you have quest #13 unlocked!)

11. Scout 2 Provinces or produce Spell Power of Provision 2 times and gain 50,000 coins (if the 2 PoP spells that you started after finishing #8 are ready, collect them now to complete this quest, and start cooking 2 more)
(again for the coins, visit your neighbors, and change your city name to "MH please")
Now would be a good time to fill your barracks queue with your first unit type in prep for #14 (as always, don't collect them until you unlock #14)

12. Produce 5m workshop production 111 times and gain 11 relics
(The relics can be gained by clearing 11 encounters, doing some tournaments, or if you are lucky you can get some from visiting neighbors.)
(the workshop part will be slow, but you can speed it up a bit by making some level 1 workshops if you have room, extra workshops will make the final quest faster too)

13. Produce 24h boosted goods 6 times, and 3h boosted goods 12 times. (this is when you collect the goods you started after completing #10, and start on those 3h productions)

14. Train 300 units and scout a province
(collect any troops waiting in your barracks, and start making the rest you need.)
(now is a good time to set 7 workshops on the 24h production, just make sure you have enough supplies saved up to train the 300 units, and to upgrade buildings on quest #15)

15. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher (now you can upgrade those building you put up to level 4 in quest #9)

16. Scout 3 provinces, or produce 3 Power of Provision spells (now you can collect the spells you made after finishing #11, and make more to finish this quest)

17. Produce 24h supplies in workshop 7 times ("toolbox") and 1h workshop 50 times("bread")

(now you collect the 24h supplies you started at #14, and get going on those 1h supplies)

Rewards at each chapter:
2pyt4t2.png

Scream is 5x4 and pumpkin is 4x3
1. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
2. Produce Simple Tools 3 times
3. Gain 5000 Coins
4. Produce Beverages 5 times
5. Gain 1000 Supplies
6. Produce Bread 6 times
7. Produce 3h boost 3 times and Produce Advanced Tools 3 times
8. Scout 1 Province or produce Spell Power of Provision 1 time
9. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher
10. Produce 9h boosted 4 times and Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times
11. Scout 2 Provinces or produce Spell Power of Provision 2 times and Gain 50K Coins
12. Produce Beverages 111 times and Gain 11 Relics
13. Produce 24h boost 6 times and produce 3h boost 12 times
14. Train 300 units + scout 1 province
15. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher
16. Scout 3 provinces or produce spell power of provision 3 times
17. 17. Produce toolbox 7 times and Produce Bread 50 times

Other tips:
  • If you can push past the next "advanced scouts" tech in your research tree before handing in the final quest you will get better rewards
  • If speed is your only concern marble factories are the smallest and fastest to upgrade for quests #9 and #15

Last edited:

Elderflower

Using the information gained in this thread I made the following guide, feel free to share it =)
Very useful guide. Thank you for creating it. I have found this event easier than previous ones. There is slightly less time pressure. Even so a guide like this helps people to prepare a bit and can make a big difference to completing the event or not.
I think this guide should be on the wiki too.

DeletedUser

I agree the guide is very useful. there is only one problem with it. Most players won't see it. In fact, I would guess that perhaps 90% of the players never open the forum or check the wiki. So the events should be doable without that extra knowledge in the time frame provided. They shouldn't require special preparation beforehand, afterall, playing a game shouldn't require you to spend hours browsing the internet on how to play it (although I enjoy the forums, i know many players who don't).

SoggyShorts

So the events should be doable without that extra knowledge in the time frame provided.
I think this event in particular is quite doable without the guide. My baby city here on Beta will have the event done in 2h, leaving me 7 days left. Using a guide like this just lets you get it faster, or will help players that only log in once a day.
As for people seeing it, I've posted it on the US server as well, and hopefully others are posting it on their live servers. A mod once said that less than 0.2% of players visit the forum though, so it for sure helps to have one FS member that reads the forums and passes on info.

DeletedUser

I agree the halloween event is much better than the wonky walters in terms of time. Players should have enough time to complete. But it still think that there shouldn't be quests asking you to scout/earn relics, not because of time constrains, but because they might force the players to go too far in the map, for inno's standart.

SoggyShorts

there shouldn't be quests asking you to scout/earn relics
I can see your point, but if events are only once a month, then going just a little outside the expected province limit for it isn't too bad, and for the most part you can complete the alternative quest of making spells, or getting relics from tournaments.

Elderflower

the events should be doable without that extra knowledge in the time frame provided.
You are quite right. I didn't actually use SoggyShorts' preparation guide myself but I do think it is a useful guide particularly for a player who may not have done an event like this before and has no idea of the sorts of quests involved.
I used the tournament to get the relics but you need to know that relics will be required and maybe hold off from starting the tournament until you get to that quest.