• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

charlemagne3

so why suggest that convince is an option and then not offer it? I am 4th chest from the big one at this beginning level and can win wave one but not wave two. have switched things several times - same result, so clearly I have exhausted several rounds of troops and am stuck and can go no further. Apparently there are battles with 3 rounds - so if that's the case some of us will not be able to participate. Perhaps this is a BUG or game defect.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

@Muf-Muf please remind the people developing the Spire that not everyone has a level 10 Fire Phoenix (and many players do not have a Fire Phoenix at all). Also not everyone has an Unleashed Unit Upgrade (UUU) building on hand or high-level AWs that boost unit damage.

Based on the little I have seen so far (since manual fighting is not available yet for some reason) to win a 3-wave battle without huge losses I would need all of these things: Fire Phoenix, UUU, high-level AWs, and possibly (depending on opponents) Magnificent Mage Multiplier and Enlightened Light Range. That's way too many resources for too little gain (since the chance of getting any good rewards is just too low).

maxiqbert

it seems the squad size in the spire is 7x the normal squad size, at some point
probably not a fixed thing, but who knows?
the total cooldown time is simply crazy, at least 2x too high

I build troops all around the cloxk and try to have at least 5 squads of everything. But there, I found myself without a single squad to put on the battlefield :eek:
plus you can't see what's in the 2nd wave in this version. I had a lucky shot at the 4th encounter, but luck was out on the 5th and no more troops available:mad:

DeletedUser2239

My opinion to this new feature is. What the ... shall we do with this thing? It looks pretty but otherwise useless. I can't use diplomacy right now only fighting. I'm sure that I'm not the only player that does not fight much in Elvenar. I did the first fight and won but if that is an indication of what it is all the way up, then the rewards are not worth it and I wouldn't waste my time with the Spire even if I could use diplomacy. It is not worth the effort and time.

palmira

i am just testing for the sake of testing but it needs a lot of tweaks: my game froze a lot of times, but mainly the squad sizes are huge, the losses are huge and the prizes are pitiful compared with what we get with the same troops on the tourneys ( I opened 8 chests I am on the cool time time for the next 4)

Buttrflwr

Ok, after getting to the level of the spire that takes 3 hours to unlock, I have a few things to say.

1. So far, I like!! It's fun to look at both waves and figure out which of my troops will survive the longest. It's supposed to be a challenge, not a "gimme". ;)

2. GUYS, this is BETA! We are guinea pigs by CHOICE. No one makes us play the BETA version, we chose to, so please understand the words "in development". The convince button will be there, when it's ready to be implemented. (I know, I know, since when do I stick up for poorly implemented stuff?) But that's when it IS poorly implemented, this so far is still a work in progress. :D

3. I LOVE MY FIRE CHICKEN. :D:cool: I have few and poorly developed military AW, so that ONE building helps make up for my military lack. I just want another chance to get it to lvl 10, plz. ;)

That is all. I am sure I will be picked apart for my comments, but that's ok. I have a thick skin. Carry on and Happy Gaming. :D

EDIT:
I will say I got TWO decent rewards for my effort, 3 2hr boosts and 15 diamonds. All the rest were coin rains, except one supply provision. I have to agree the pay out may have to be adjusted in future, I doubt I'll do much if all I get are coin rains. ;) :D Carry on!

Deleted User - 60107

plus you can't see what's in the 2nd wave in this version. I had a lucky shot at the 4th encounter, but luck was out on the 5th and no more troops available:mad:
As Dony said you can use the arrows to change between waves. Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate:
Wave1.png
Wave2.png

Buttrflwr

How do we increase our troops in the spire?

You don't, at this time anyway. I think that is the point, look at all 3 (or whatever) waves and figure out which of your troops will have the best chance at taking them all out. So far I kind of like that challenge. I remember the old fighting UI, back before the "Great troop and fighting nerf". Fighting for me was fun all those years ago. This might make me like it again. We'll see.

Thanks again for the feedback so far, everyone!

A few more comments from our side:

@Muf-Muf please remind the people developing the Spire that not everyone has a level 10 Fire Phoenix (and many players do not have a Fire Phoenix at all). Also not everyone has an Unleashed Unit Upgrade (UUU) building on hand or high-level AWs that boost unit damage.
We are aware of this, yes. Thank you for sharing the concern, though! :)

manual fighting is not available yet for some reason
The reason is that we want it to be as bug free as we can (yes, even on Beta), before we make the feature available. As is, this part of the feature is not working without issues yet, so we chose to make it unavailable until we can iron out those last bugs. It's in the pipeline, though!

plus you can't see what's in the 2nd wave in this version.
There are arrows at the bottom of the unit selection screen if a battle has more than one wave. This allows you to see all the units of each wave, before you start the battle. Note: once you start the battle, you will not be able to (re)select different units. The units you choose are the ones that will be used for all waves of the battle.

i am just testing for the sake of testing but it needs a lot of tweaks: my game froze a lot of times, but mainly the squad sizes are huge, the losses are huge and the prizes are pitiful compared with what we get with the same troops on the tourneys ( I opened 8 chests I am on the cool time time for the next 4)
Thanks for sharing! You say that your game was freezing from time to time. Could you please create a bug report for that with some more details, so that we can investigate? Thanks in advance!

How do we increase our troops in the spire?
Just as you would for any other battle, you can recruit more troops using your military buildings such as the Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp to recruit more units.

maxiqbert

ok, the 5th is one wave only, that's why i can't see the arrows :oops:
The accidental entry i nthe spire is really tiresome.
I think the entrance should be small and not blurred (so you can see where to click)

Thanks! Yes, not all of the battles have waves. If there is only one wave, no arrows would be shown indeed.

We'll be looking into accidentally entering the Spire. We found that it already opens if you click-and-drag to collect production, and then let the mouse go when it is on top of the Spire graphic, it opens. This is not meant to happen. Once that's resolved, that should already go a long way, however, more changes are being considered. :)

Dony

King of Bugs
The reason is that we want it to be as bug free as we can (yes, even on Beta), before we make the feature available. As is, this part of the feature is not working without issues yet, so we chose to make it unavailable until we can iron out those last bugs. It's in the pipeline, though!
i hope devs are aware of dead squads from first wave to be present on battlefield in second wave and act as decoy

maxiqbert

Thanks! Yes, not all of the battles have waves. If there is only one wave, no arrows would be shown indeed.

We'll be looking into accidentally entering the Spire. We found that it already opens if you click-and-drag to collect production, and then let the mouse go when it is on top of the Spire graphic, it opens. This is not meant to happen. Once that's resolved, that should already go a long way, however, more changes are being considered. :)
you also enter the spire when closing a dialog!

DeletedUser2849

The spire just appeared in my city, tried the first task and got stuck... it is an encounter and the game won't let me cater, it insists I fight. My city is pacifist, I don't fight! So I cannot even do the first task.