• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Dony

King of Bugs
i also think that combat buildings should last 7 days up from 5 after spire is finished, there is no reason not to since both features have different schedules

Jaxom

Personally, and it is just my choice, I never do manual fighting for tournaments as it takes too much time. Being at max expansions I do so little in provinces that I can cater or auto-fight.

But since the spire is done in shorter groups of encounters I might almost go back to manual for it. Start with the high initiative cerberus, see the layout and alignment and then do a real fight. If I find that I can improve my results this way I might do manual for the spire. But only if the rewards are worth the time.

And only time will tell if they make the rewards good enough to justify the effort and resources.

The spire idea is good, it does add a new aspect to the game. And the possibility of doing spire in conjunction with fellowship members might allow the better members of a FS to have some fun.

But only time will tell if the spire turns into something we like or another fellowship Adventure that I personally hate and tend to schedule business trips around so that I have a good excuse to skip them!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2585

Well, I GOT the first 'hidden' reward, spent a lot of troops and finally got stucked in the 1/3 of the 2nd level. First 2wave battle . At this point it even does not matter how much troops i actually do have, there is no way how to win and continue. Since at this point it is not even end of the 2nd level and there is no way how to go around, it is pretty much end of my struggle on this version.
In my opinion the enemy squad size balancing is utterly beyond reality and needs a considerable rework and rebalancing.
Perhaps a very general idea is that if it is expected to be available on weekly basis, it should be playable and winnable by using a weekly Army+goods production surplus of an experienced player and 2 weeks of such stuff of the avarage player.

The current setup looks like it needs more than one months production of troops, supported by Golden phoenix and other one-time stuff avaialable at this moment.

It perhaps could make some sort of sense, if the final prize is known upfront and considered as worth all the effort and costs. When it is driven by chance, well, it is a bit discouraging, is not it?

Since the system based on chance is working in FoE without any issue, i would say that it is a sound basis to work with, Alas, then we are back at the 1 week surplus of production, which can be thrown to such an adventure without really breaking the game progress.

edeba

Totally agree, "play at your own pace," is a total misnomer.

I'd rather see something like day one all of level one is open. Day 2 all of level one and 2 is open. Day 3 everything is open. Or just have a timer between the levels, say 12 hours between level 1 and 2 and 24 hours between level 2 and 3.

@Muf-Muf
Here is a realistic schedule for completing the spire. Please indicate where or how someone could possibly do this.
The current set up for "at your own pace" is misleading at best.

Day 1
morning fight to 10s timer and continue
morning fight to 3h timer
lunch fight to 9h timer
evening fight to 12h timer
sleep
-----
Day 2
lunch fight to 9h timer
evening fight to 9h timer
sleep
------
Day 3
morning Fight to 9h timer
evening Fight to 24h timer
sleep
------
Day 4
evening Fight to 12h timer
------
Day 5
morning Fight to 12h timer
evening Fight to 12h timer
sleep
------
Day 6
morning Fight to 12h timer Finish map 3 on the 6th day

DeletedUser1707

Played it. Don't like it. Unbalanced if there are 2 or 3 waves. The 2nd and 3rd waves start with complete troop strength, but you can't replenish your troop strength unless you spend diamonds. Should be able to pull in reinforcements. Any good military tactician would not commit his entire force to one attack. Before anybody says anything, I and my husband are both Marine Corps veterans. My husband is a combat vet.
Plus the prizes are really lame....not worth the effort or manpower loss. And finally, no diplomacy. I realize you say that's coming, but until then and until you allow reinforcements, or give a better balance to combat, the Spire is a waste of time effort and resources.

I do not anticipate ever playing it again.
Big "Thumbs Down!" to the Spire in it's current configuration.

DeletedUser1739

The rewards are not up to par.
Nobody talked about time boosts of 1h or 2h. I would have preferred to find a 14h, see a 20h even if the percentage is lower.
I did level 1 and I won mostly craft-related rewards, certainly very useful for small levels.
But I already have a cluttered inventory so, for now, uninteresting.
You could have varied the rewards a little. We could win troops because of the cost of the tower of eternity.

I also hope that we can independently train the different kinds of troops.
Otherwise I'm afraid we will have to make a choice between tournaments and the eternity tower in a more or less near future.
However, as it stands, I'm really not sure that it is the tower that wins.

In any case, I noticed that there would soon be a community aspect and that I look forward to it.

SoggyShorts

Unbalanced if there are 2 or 3 waves. The 2nd and 3rd waves start with complete troop strength, but you can't replenish your troop strength unless you spend diamonds. Should be able to pull in reinforcements. Any good military tactician would not commit his entire force to one attack. Before anybody says anything, I and my husband are both Marine Corps veterans. My husband is a combat vet.
But...that's the whole point of having more than 1 wave-you have to work with what's left.
If you could pull in more troops it'd just be 2 separate fights like normal.

This is pretty much my favorite feature of the spire--provided that the incoming tweaks make it challenging instead of impossible once manual fighting is added.
In any case, I noticed that there would soon be a community aspect and that I look forward to it.
I'd be careful with expectations of anything "soon" - that word has meant anything from "hours" to "months" to "years" to "never" in this game :p

Last edited:

ekarat

For people complaining that the rewards aren't good enough to pull resources away from the tournament: What is so great about tournament rewards that make it worth the resources?

SoggyShorts

@ekarat KP > Wonders > City Production & Tournaments
There are very significant diminishing returns from the tournaments, especially with inno's version of powercreep.
It's pretty much agreed that the best thing from tournaments (once you hit max boost) is the KP, but really how good is KP?
You can get maybe 300 KP from the tournament for maybe 1 wonder level for maybe 1% increase in a wonder ability?
Do that for an entire year and you'll have advanced 1/5 as much as the fire phoenix gave us:confused:

DeletedUser2630

Wonders solve complex things. Seeds (33 seeds per hour for each level of wonder), Mana decay. Culture. Production of troops. Fenix needs to feed = relics are needed. It is not possible to play without a tournament so far, but without a tower, it is

To play the tower you need the same or more than a tournament. The tournament's rewards are certain. The tower is "maybe" but rather coin / hammer.

Dony

King of Bugs
you need to realize that once they allow us to play spire on manual we will barely have any loss and thus only gain
difficulty is same as round 1-2 in tournament which is rather easy
and i am pretty sure it is posible to play Elvenar without playing tournaments

Lovec Krys

For people complaining that the rewards aren't good enough to pull resources away from the tournament: What is so great about tournament rewards that make it worth the resources?
Many things.
With playing tournaments seriously you get advantages:
Lots of runes allowing to build wonders without delay after you research them (and upgrade them as well).
Lots of KPs (hundreds) every week for leveling your wonders - this increases your city abilities (and gives points as well)
Getting enough relics to maintain spell creation 24/7 even with lv 5 Magic academy (not possible without taking tournaments seriously).
Getting Blueprint for upgrating your magic residences/workshops without using additional diamonds (I suppose every player taking tournament seriously is in 10th chest fellowship).
Lots of additional spells (especialy the most common ones) for regular using and also disenchanting.
Ranking points from tournament if you end in top positions.
Probably I forgot something.

You can get this every week.
With the current settings you might be able to clear the Spire maybe once per month?
Do you think you get things valuable enough to skip several tournaments?

you need to realize that once they allow us to play spire on manual we will barely have any loss and thus only gain
I wanted to write "Good joke", but since I'm inexperienced hand combat player (99,99% fights solved by automat). It might look different from experienced hand combat player.
But still I think that even with hand combat working it will not be sustainable to do Spire every week (not mentioning that doing Spire means cutting yourself from tournaments).

Dony

King of Bugs
But still I think that even with hand combat working it will not be sustainable to do Spire every week (not mentioning that doing Spire means cutting yourself from tournaments).
why do you think that every player spend all his units in tournament every week? i have enough units to do tournament + spire for the next 6 months, i am stocked and ready

DeletedUser2713

I spend 300 squadrons a week on the tournament
I am willing to spend 200 for the tournament (and win 200 PCs instead of the 300 PCs I currently win in the tournament every week) and spend the other 100 squadrons in the spire has only one condition, that the winnings are as interesting as what I won’t win in the tournament with the 100 less squads.
Currently, given the winnings of the spire it is not interesting and I prefer to stay on the tournament with my squads

DeletedUser

I invited someone to play Elvenar and was showing them the spire. I decided to go ahead and decimate my troops :D I can get to level 8 of the spire before I annihilated my troops. (I’m at the end of chapter 4 making my trek to chapter 5) So, I promptly deleted my training grounds, put in more factories and upgraded my barracks. (One cannot have enough factories for the spire). I did not use my fire phoenix for this test.

My take-away from this:
I like the gifts, even got 5 cc’s which is 15 relics
I get enough runes from events that I’ve never had to do a tournament (My ferris wheels give me the shards to build them too) No loss there.
Build a good city, even if you mostly cater which I’ve switched to on my map. My units want more party time and only play the spire once a week. Build and upgrade your military wonders.
Battle until you know you’ll have a defeat and stop. Figure out what you need to do to improve your city.

My next two wonders are the Monastery and Crystal lighthouse.

Maybe Level 8 is better to wait on and have the next military wonder, use my fire phoenix, try the guessing game for level 8. Idk still not a fan of guessing games. But I’m willing to try it at least once. And keep begging for a defense phoenix.

Chapter 5 I’ll have lots of room and hoping I get some of those new buildings!

DeletedUser

Will the gifts rotate each week or will they always be the same?

DeletedUser2865

I am blocked, with phoenix at 50% + 1x hp 25% + some AWs, i can not win a battle with 3 waves, i try 3 combinaisons but with 7x quad size, it is totally crazy !! I will stop that !