• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Martia

In my main city I took the best/cheapest chest, I have the Newsletter, the ashen phoenix, logged in daily, and had no luck winnig extra scrolls in the chests, so I had tp spend 1200 diamonds to get the last setpiece.
In my other city I took the best/cheapest chests, i had the Newsletter, no phoenix, but also looged in daily, i was very lucky with winning extra scrolls and got all setpieces.
So I did the same in both cities and got the set in the City without the phoenix.
Sure it is possible to get the full set if you are lucky. But for every lucky player there are many unlucky ones.

Ainor

league results on ita1

1625043673321.png

completing event (+ashen phoenix and winning about 600 sorceres knowledge) do not grant even silver league.. it is very disappointing
(at the very end I have buy - with diamonds won in game - 100 knowledge for second pilgrim plaza)

FieryArien

en2: 96/233/280/342
de6: 116/243/285/386

Considering the full sets needs 260 points and the bronze league is top 20%, it’s apparent that way less than 20% players got the full set. In each of the five servers we listed in the last posts.

On beta we got 154/285/320/366 which was probably too good result. But in my opinion the nerf was too great.

Aeva

Do you know that for a fact? Have you done the math? Please show your work.
I got 1 out of 6 picking the best chests, Eudae got 1 out of 7 I think, and many others got similar results, so I'd like to see mathematical facts to go with such a statement.

Edit:
Here are my numbers for live
3630* for quests
770 for dailies
400 for milestones
400** for collects
----

That means you need to average 20 currency per point which is going to be a pretty neat trick when every choice other than 18 is much higher than that.

*I don't have the quest numbers, everyone's list still shows pre-nerf, so I deducted ~15%
** 18 collects per day seemed reasonable.

I tried with two cities the system of only choosing the cheapest staf and I succeeded. That is 100%. Most of the time I choose chest 18 or 45.
The third city did not succeed because I did not stick to the 'cheapest staf' system (because for that city I was not very interested in the set), but I was very close because of a lot of luck with a lot of extra scrolls from chests.

little bee

I tried with two cities the system of only choosing the cheapest staf and I succeeded. That is 100%. Most of the time I choose chest 18 or 45.
The third city did not succeed because I did not stick to the 'cheapest staf' system (because for that city I was not very interested in the set), but I was very close because of a lot of luck with a lot of extra scrolls from chests.
Picking first the 18 scroll beacon and then the 45 scroll beacon with extra currency was definitevely the right strategy. After that both the 27 scroll and the other 45 scroll beacon made good choices. And when none of these was available, choosing the cheapest beacon wasn't wrong.

However, this strategy is still dependend on chance in two ways. First you rely on getting the right beacons often. And secondly, you will always need to win at least some extra currency. Calculating the exact chance of succes this strategy has is a little to difficult for me, but it is certainly not 100%.

I would have prefered if there had been two different strategies possible. A safe strategy, where you only choose beacons without extra currency to get the full set garanteed. And a more risky strategy, where you choose beacons with extra currency. If you are lucky you might win a lot and land in a high league. But if you are unlucky you fail to get the set. Unfortunately, in this event only the risky strategy was possible.

Arthus

any strategy of placing full set + 3 additional parts? (marble one + main building + galaxy plaza) 10 parts total?

edeba

league results on ita1

View attachment 9176

completing event (+ashen phoenix and winning about 600 sorceres knowledge) do not grant even silver league.. it is very disappointing
(at the very end I have buy - with diamonds won in game - 100 knowledge for second pilgrim plaza)
Silver is 5%. Seems 19 out of 20 are going to be disappointed with that expectation. Ok, say half the players are casual, that would still mean 9 out 10 that aren't casual will probably miss silver.

Aeva

LoL!
"I flipped a coin and got tails. Coins land on tails 100% of the time."
It's more: I am not that into maths because it is not the only way to look at a game and to have a valid and constructive opinion about what works and what doesn't.
If the only opinions that mather are the ones from the mathematicians something is totally wrong on this forum.

Martia

@Aeva To say it without mathematics, you can still fail even by using the best chest strategy available because luck is involved and you can get very low or even 0 event currency back.
It waslike that for me, in my main city I took the best chests but did not win enough event currency. So I was missing about ten staffs for the forge.
If somebody is saying you can manage it if you take the best chests then there is un unsaid "otherwise you are too stupid to play the game".
But you can just do it if you are lucky, or if you are not unlucky.

Aeva

@Lovec Krys and @Martia
The point is that no mather what you do there allways is an element of luck involved. You cannot influence the chests you get and neither can you influence the luckfactor in winning extra scrolls.

What you can influence is the chance of being able to win the whole set. And there were two options. One is allways choose the cheapest staf (not chest!). And second allways choose the chest with the highest percentage of extra scrolls. The first method is cautious and the second has more of a gambling element.
Either way you had to pick up as many of the scrolls that fell out of the sky and a little luck is allways involved as in there is no guarantee.
You certainly could not manage by taking the 'best' chest assuming you don't mean the one with the cheapest staf(s) or the highest percentage of extra scrolls.

The word stupid did not cross my mind.
Besides the only city were I fell short is the one were I choose the best chests with the nicest prices.

SoggyShorts

It's more: I am not that into maths because it is not the only way to look at a game and to have a valid and constructive opinion about what works and what doesn't.
If the only opinions that mather are the ones from the mathematicians something is totally wrong on this forum.
It's fine to not be into the math, but making untrue statements is not acceptable.
opinions =/= facts

If you want to give feedback based on feelings rather than facts then by all means do so, since how players feel about the game is just as important, but please don't get the two mixed up.

Your post that "All one needs to do for the set is to pick the right chest" is simply wrong.
Most players who do pick the right chests will still not get the full set and that is a statistical fact.

E.G.
"I felt that the chances of getting the full set were fine because I got it in 2 cities where I focused on it"
and
"Most players will not get the set regardless of how hard they try because the results are entirely luck-based and far better than average luck is required. "

Both above statements are true, accurate, and useful feedback.

SoggyShorts

The point is that no mather what you do there allways is an element of luck involved. You cannot influence the chests you get and neither can you influence the luckfactor in winning extra scrolls.
But you can. This is the Beta Event Feedback thread, and by acknowledging that the most important factor by far is luck, and telling the developers how we feel about that, we can (if they are listening) change it going forwards.

Aeva

@SoggyShorts
I have no idea were this conversation fell of the rocks, but I don't like the tone of voice you are using.
I do not give feedback based on feelings. You might want to check everything I said starting at my first post. I started with the best chance... I never said it's guaranteed.

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts
I have no idea were this conversation fell of the rocks, but I don't like the tone of voice you are using.
I do not give feedback based on feelings. You might want to check everything I said starting at my first post. I started with the best chance... I never said it's guaranteed.
Regarding my "tone", that's unfortunate, I really was trying to be polite.
Here's your first post:
On live world it is possible to have the complete set if you choose to go for the staff that costs the least, every time.
You cannot go for a daily or for extra scrolls.
This comment has clear implications.
1. By using the phrase "it's possible if you choose" strongly implies that your choices are what matters most, and that's inaccurate.
2. The second sentence does the same with "you can not go for daily" this again implies that the outcome is on the player, also wrong.

Player #1 "How can I get the complete set, is it possible?"
Aeva "Yes, it's possible, but you have to always pick the cheapest staves, and don't go for dailies"
Player #1 "Sweet, I'll just pick all of the right chests and get the set then."
Soggy "Hang on, you should probably know that even if you do that, without very good luck you will need to spend diamonds"
Player #1 "Oh, that's a totally different story then!"

SoggyShorts

You do NOT need very good luck.
Source? We've already given the proof earlier this thread, so If you're going to make a statement like that, shouldn't you back it up with something?

Players will get 5,540 currency for all quests, 20 currency pickups per day, the +100 event letter + a fully evolved Ashen
Meaning you'd need an average of 21.3 per flag.
2/3 or 66% of chests give worse returns than 21.3 per flag therefore you need to be lucky in both your available options, AND with how many currency you win back even under ideal conditions.

Last edited: