• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Some Neighbors vanished on the World Map

DeletedUser

Game version: 0.16.13576-51c10fe-(master) (2015-05-12 12:27)
Game world: Beta1
Browser + version: SeaMonkey v2.33.1
Flash Player version: 17.0.0.188
Operating System: Windows 7 (64Bit)
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: lamdacore
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
By clicking on the World Map some Neighbors are missing.

Expected situation:
By clicking on the World Map all Neighbors are there.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Just click on the World Map

Screenshots of the bug:
6a23r6bn.jpg

DeletedUser118

That's no bug but wanted. They have been deleted by the system for being inactive for more than 30 days. This change was part of Update 0.16.

DeletedUser

Ok, so it may have been something they intended to do, but it sure was uh, not a smooth move. What people wanted was for the inactives to be removed and actives put in their place on the map. lol

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
The empty spaces left by the removal of inactives will over time be filled up with new players. This has already started to happen, but will of course take time. For this first removal, of course far more inactive players were removed than would normally be removed in one go, as none had been removed previously. In future, fewer players will be removed at one time, so the gaps will fill up more quickly.

DeletedUser1142

Hmmm, I have / had 74 neighbors ... now only 39 :-(
These are 462.000 coins less every day ... not so fine.

But what must be must be ...
greeting

DeletedUser

NOT A BUG you mean you purposely do that ? should i clap my hand ?

Where are new active players? let empty sectors like that , leave me a bitter taste , I currently had played and conquered for nothing ???
How could you released such a unattractive update concerning the neighborhood, the beta become more and more empty due to ZERO interraction between us! was enough boring but having at least people who do generate gold was a positive point. Now they generate ZERO because it's empty, we asked you to remove inactive players to fill by active one ! not ro remove inactive players ONLY.

And Why will it take long ?

Any reason why it can't bee instantanely fill with a current active member I do not accept to wait, and be penalized while it's me who's active , as a players for me is a huge lost nearly 1 million of coin lost per day , how do you feel about it ? you think players who are active will be please to see their work of progress in vain? we have no reason to be satisfy by this system who is clearly not well balanced.

Find a way to respawn players like you do in FoE instantanely, or at least at a fixed date !

DISAPOINTED

DeletedUser264

Unfortunately, changing our locations to put active players at similar levels together is too hard task to Inno team. So, maybe Inno could advertise elvenar in it's other games like it was done when beta started? It would bring some new players here and make old players less frustrated. :)

DeletedUser1142

I´m also not happy about it ... but we shold not forget; it is a BETA Version of the game.
Meanwhile replaced with "dummies" would have been fine...but now it´s times like this...the same for all.

Never say die ;-)

DeletedUser264

Sure, it is beta. But what kind of explanation is it? We are also customers. :D And this way of solving inactivity problem will never be good for long-time players as they will always be surrounded by new, mostly unactive players.

DeletedUser628

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/some-neighbors-vanished-on-the-world-map.2580/

The system was not active before, this means that there were many players to be removed and very few to take their place. Now that it is implemented, it will continue working on a daily basis (as far as I'm aware) so as soon as a player has not logged in for 30 days they will disappear. Players won't be removed in thousands, they'll be removed gradually, one by one, and thus will be easily replaced.

It's not a 2-3 times per month thing, but because it's running for the first time after a few months, the results only in this instance are drastic.

DeletedUser264

Darkstar, I would like to know if putting players closer together is even considered. Most of my neighbourhood (that half that has not been deleted until now) is inactive. On the other hand, two nice players who are active and trade at least part of goods I really need, are are out of my reach because of main hall limit and I will never be able to scan them.

DeletedUser628

Unfortunately I do not know and cannot answer that. But seeing how the developers are working on additional game features (such as alliances and similar stuff which has been mentioned by staff members around the forum) I believe players could be able to work and cooperate with far-away players in the future. It may not be in the form of merging existing players together, but hopefully such new features also allow working closely with players you otherwise cannot reach on the map.

DeletedUser

there are also players who have paid for the game, it might "only" be a beta server, but people do want it to work fine. Inno should have paid more attention to this, as it has been mentioned much earlier. Think they need to make some kind of compesation for the ones who have been active for a longer time or those who " invest" in the game ;)