• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Slow city. No provinces. Event quests want sooo many relics.

Lady Croft

Hi, thanks for replying,

I have 61/75 and 4 greens to be completed, there are a few unscouted yellows around, and some unscouted oranges... It's more than a couple of yellows I'll be doing and will be very expensive. I wouldn't mind if I'd overscouted and got myself stuck with yellows and oranges, but since I'm below the research requirement, I haven't. I avoid orange as best I can - not sure I have ever done a red...

Sorry, but I have no idea which tree I'm doing... I thought it was the new one. However, on checking I don't see a tech for FSs or tourney, so must be the old one.
I feel as though I've been playing forever at this stagnant stage. I've just researched superior planks, so, finally, something is moving... I wasn't going to rush, in any case, but this is dire. (Each planx upgr is going to be painfully expensive, so do I upgrade the factories, barter in the Spire, barter in these yellow provs or barter in the tourney? Can't do all of them... (bartering is after I have killed all my troops trying, of course ha ha)

I can't see new players tolerating this snail's pace. Get them hooked then slow it down, but not this early on. Zzzzzz

DeletedUser4235

Hi @Lady Croft, I'm with you. I started a couple of brand new towns. I *think* that every new account has to do the newer tech tree nowadays (right @Konys ?).
I've been playing this game since 2015, when everything was easier and more enjoyable. I honestly don't know how any new player would enjoy this new tech tree as a beginner now. Some parts are enjoyable, I admit but still highly confusing, if you don't already know this game.
There is *so much* thrown at you right from the beginning that you better learn real quick.
*Enchantments, *Military set up, *Boosted Goods, *Crafting, *Magic Academy, *Tournaments, *Spire of Eternity, *Seasons, events, *how may of each building *they* want you to build, *being able to complete "x" amount of provinces with those small troop productions or meager goods, etc., etc..
If you're not in a fellowship as soon as you're allowed to be, there's just no chance to progress in a healthy manner.
There's no way you'll have enough troops or goods. Without help with trades and doing daily visits to the whole world map available, forget about upgrades and negotiating, while building up troops.
There is almost no way to have a stable amount of coins or supplies now either (the instants you do receive are used almost immediately because they are needed to do anything)...so while you're worrying about the difficulty of each province, you're scrambling to gain anything in your town and with visits that will help you progress with the troops/goods needed (if the player even knows that they can visit everyone on their world map). Ugh.
It is a diamond game now, in almost every aspect. It's terrible. But we *still* love this game and want to enjoy the beautiful towns we can create, while enjoying things like tournaments and the spire...but then have to worry about the Seasons, the Cauldron, events that we can't afford or keep up with, Fellowship Adventures that take us away from our main objectives, etc....all while simply trying to keep up with the scouting/provinces required and upgrading and adding things to our towns that are "suggested" in the story and side quests. Yeesh.
Let us love this game again.
(Edit to add: Yes, tournaments, crafting, cauldron, fellowships, adventures are all staggered in the research...but it all is gained from early on through chapter 5...and that is the beginning of the game...so no need to correct that statement. ;))

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Croft

Thanks for taking the time to write.
I guess my city dies now at the end of chapter 4, since I am not going to complete orange provs to advance further. If I keep logging on every day and shoving the KP into wonders I'm going to have a few healthy AWs, until they need other than basics to upgrade, but that will be all. *Insert shrugging emoji.

Lovec Krys

You don't need to fight in provinces at all. And with negotiating province color doesn't matter. You just need to produce enough goods.

Annelore

Thanks for taking the time to write.
I guess my city dies now at the end of chapter 4, since I am not going to complete orange provs to advance further. If I keep logging on every day and shoving the KP into wonders I'm going to have a few healthy AWs, until they need other than basics to upgrade, but that will be all. *Insert shrugging emoji.
I'm very confused this the beta forum and looking at your city on beta it is in orcs. If your in orcs with hard provinces that means there is squad size research left undone. Even in chapter 4 on the old tech tree and new it means there's squad size research that needs to be completed to make the province easier.

Lady Croft

I'm very confused this the beta forum and looking at your city on beta it is in orcs. If your in orcs with hard provinces that means there is squad size research left undone. Even in chapter 4 on the old tech tree and new it means there's squad size research that needs to be completed to make the province easier.
I'm referring to my LollyLoo Beta city (It does say that in my opening post; I can't write as LL, since I can't open a forum account for that one)

Lady Croft

So... now I have tested what pressing on with this nonsense will achieve... I've started scouting these yellow provs as that is all there is, I've just started on the 4 greens that I have and I am losing half my troops. Green, not yellow. I expect to lose half my troops to yellow provs, but not 'easy' greens. (And yes, I have a good understanding of fighting so I'm not doing things like sending mages against archers.)

In order to successfully complete 11 provs to move into CH5 I will need to time boost troops and lose them each round for the remaining greens, then hope for a miracle to beat the yellows. Of course, the only way is to barter, and that's just as expensive. But why are the greens proving so hard? How can a new player be expected to think 'oh this is good, look at the progress I'm making, I like this game' if all they're doing is losing stuff?
You don't need to fight in provinces at all. And with negotiating province color doesn't matter. You just need to produce enough goods.
Yh, but the point is slowing it down so much now isn't going to encourage new players to stay with it... That's what I'm trying to get across here; it's frustrating, not enjoyment, no incentive to continue.

I think I'm wasting my time here... Instead of listening, all I'm getting is rebuttals. Why ask for suggestions just to get poo-pooed? By all means slow the game down, but not so early when AWs are weak, troops are weak, the city is small and saving up goods takes ages. I'm not saying allow a race, but this isn't encouraging.

Aigh... just archive this and forget I tried.

Annelore

I'm referring to my LollyLoo Beta city (It does say that in my opening post; I can't write as LL, since I can't open a forum account for that one)
I just looked at your chapter 4 city the only conclusions I can gather from it and checking on elvenstats.com is this you are on the old tech tree so I'll be ignoring your complaints since they have no relevance to actual current new comers to the game.

The problems on the new tech tree occur in chapter 2 and 3 if your not part of a fellowship nor have you been give some lopsided trades to help clear provinces since waiting on goods fill most of the kp along with quests needed in chapter 2.

Lady Croft

I just looked at your chapter 4 city the only conclusions I can gather from it and checking on elvenstats.com is this you are on the old tech tree so I'll be ignoring your complaints since they have no relevance to actual current new comers to the game.

The problems on the new tech tree occur in chapter 2 and 3 if your not part of a fellowship nor have you been give some lopsided trades to help clear provinces since waiting on goods fill most of the kp along with quests needed in chapter 2.
Thanks for replying.... I'm not being rude but I can't make sense of the second half of your last sentence, sorry.... Another player has helped with some goods so I can barter the harder provinces.
Let's just dump this in the archive, it was a complete waste of time, anyway.