• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Slow city. No provinces. Event quests want sooo many relics.

Lady Croft

Hi,

Is this new slowness permanent? I abandoned my Chapter 15 live city to start a couple of new ones and take things at a slower pace; but not this slow....

My 'Lollyloo' city isn't solo play, has reached a stagnant point in Chapter 4 & been in it for 2/3 weeks; nothing is changing and the last squad size upgrade (10) gave me 4 green provs which were eaten up by event quests for relics very quickly. Upgrades 8 & 9 gave me no green provs at all, and I had not over scouted, completed 2 or 3 yellows in order to meet the last chapter's quota for completed provs to 'open the chest' in the tech tree, otherwise, I can't afford the bartering costs of higher than green, and my troops are halved -or more -by green level ones as it is. (A ticket to support confirmed it was normal not to get any greens from those 2 upgrades. :rolleyes: really?)

While I'm here...
The knock on effect of having no regular provs; I now have 7 encs left in my last green (in a mo will have done it) and an event quest to collect 16 relics, nothing wrong with that, of course, though being asked to collect so many dozens of relics at my city's low stage is proving tiresome and a tad difficult. I may get relics in the MA or from NH, but it doesn't quite cover the numbers needed.

It's 2 days until the tourney, where I'll get 6 provs, and I guess the answer is wait then use time boosts to catch up the event quests. I do try to get as many event relic quests done during tourneys, but the fact that my city is so slow is making me consider giving up with it.

Why are no provs changing difficulty after the sq sz upgrade? I feel like this city has been the same for months. I realise there are attempts to slow us down, not to race through the chapters, but new players are getting bored, and if this was my first time with the game, I don't think I'd still be plodding along with it; my interest is rapidly waning.

Lelanya

Wow this is a new all time low. This thread hasn't been answered and is already archived? (Insert expletive here).

I could speak to this, if I knew which tech tree you had, and it was the old one.

Lady Croft

The notification says my post was moved to a different forum. I thought there were only 2, and I thought I'd posted to the Beta one as I came in via my Beta city... and I went to the questions part.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
My apologies Lady Croft, by 'different forum' the notification means 'different part of this, the beta forum'. Your post was moved from Questions Archive to Questions. As mentioned above, it should not have been able to be posted in Questions Archive. This issue has now been remedied and it is no longer possible to post new threads there, only to reply to existing ones.

I do hope someone can answer your question. As I mostly do not fight, unfortunately that person is not me!

Bor de Wolf 1965

While I'm here...
The knock on effect of having no regular provs; I now have 7 encs left in my last green (in a mo will have done it) and an event quest to collect 16 relics, nothing wrong with that, of course, though being asked to collect so many dozens of relics at my city's low stage is proving tiresome and a tad difficult. I may get relics in the MA or from NH, but it doesn't quite cover the numbers needed.
Looking at this part of your message, I noticed that you like many other players forget that you can make 5 relics at a time in your magic academy when they are available.
So why people always go for the full amount of relics trough the province system when there is no tournament available I don't know.

Lovec Krys

Maybe because they hope that if they ignore the relics in academy they will appear less often or even gets removed from the academy recipes.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Yesterday we had the 20 relic quest for the event on the life servers.
So all I did was getting the stuff out of the MA that I wanted, used a sip of clarity to get the new stuff and was done with that part in just a couple minutes.
I prefere to keep my scouted provinces as scouted so I have a nice amount of KP when chapter 21 unlocks on the life servers.

Lovec Krys

I use scouted provinces on quests when i can't do them in Tourney/Spire.
For KPs (if needed) i have the buy KP button. Thx. to the Cauldron my goods supplies are way down, but it should be enough for few hundreds KPs.

Lady Croft

Looking at this part of your message, I noticed that you like many other players forget that you can make 5 relics at a time in your magic academy when they are available.
So why people always go for the full amount of relics trough the province system when there is no tournament available I don't know.
No, as I mentioned in my OP... and the bit you quoted... I am aware that relics are in the MA... I would hope that others who have a chapter 15 city would also know that by that time, lol ;) (meant kindly).
If I can do the 'OR' (like when the provs aren't there) I'll do it. Except for instances such as now when 'scout a province' appears since I don't want to scout yellows and lock the entire ring to that difficulty.
Maybe because they hope that if they ignore the relics in academy they will appear less often or even gets removed from the academy recipes.
How would ignoring them lead to that though? I like them being in the queue for times like these when I'm struggling for them otherwise , as in no regular provs to complete,... and no tourney on, of course. The last event was very tough as I had just started the city, didn't really believe I'd get far and had 3 or 4 tourney provs.
As yet, this 'baby' city has no sips of clarity, but yes, that's a good tip.

I understand the devs want to slow the game down, that some players move way too fast, but being this slow this early is enough for new players... people perhaps with lives... to give it up. I'm only returning to my city while I have no life and need things to pass the time. I don't have family and have recently moved so friends are non-existent at the mo & I'm disabled so have no work environment.

Anyway, I just wanted them to know that this is too slow, it's lacking progress and not exactly something people are going to flock to do. Maybe allow more green provs, reduce the KP for the first 5 chapters, for example 58 KP for a battle monument I am never going to place? 52 for the War Memorial that gets placed for the quest then sold as it was grudgingly given room and there are better culture givers.... and so on.
It's a business, they want our money... it's a fact; happy gamers spend money.

Lovec Krys

How would ignoring them lead to that though? I like them being in the queue for times like these
I don't know, probably an urban legent. But i'm not wasting resources to craft them anyway.
And if somehow they were removed, it would mean more pet food. So maybe if we all ignore them... (I know, hoping that dev team removes them when they are ignored is crazy optimism.)

Dorfl the Clay

And if somehow they were removed, it would mean more pet food.
Your wishful thinking (or your reasoning) doesn't make any sense at all... As long as more special (sentient, heavenly or whatever) goods keep being added to the game, there will be more relics in the MA in more variaties, thus making the chance of more petfood even smaller...

owl76

I don't know, probably an urban legent. But i'm not wasting resources to craft them anyway.
And if somehow they were removed, it would mean more pet food. So maybe if we all ignore them... (I know, hoping that dev team removes them when they are ignored is crazy optimism.)
But being able to craft relics is useful to some of us. I craft my boosted goods relics as I'm not at full relic boost yet and also those needed for producing CCs.

Lady Croft

But being able to craft relics is useful to some of us. I craft my boosted goods relics as I'm not at full relic boost yet and also those needed for producing CCs.
Yh, I am happy to have them here, if not for this I'd never get anywhere at all, and in my other more mature city, I'm chasing elixir relics for MMs as the events want xx goods and I stored a few factories for Orcs & Goblins, so the deficit needs to be made up somewhere.

I have 2 pages of scoutable provs of which a grand total of 2 are elixir. Again... slowing us down. ;)

Lovec Krys

For those who need more relics, maybe playing tournament more might be the answer? (if you're at least in mid chapters with enough scouted provinces)

Lady Croft

I play it as much as I can afford each week... it's the event relic quests that are proving a bit tough for my little city at Ch4. I don't need more relics, the event wants them... the tourney is so small for me the number of elixirs chances are very low, but I get what I can manage.
If squad size upgrades 11 and 12 don't give me any green provs I'll have to think about calling time on the city. And if they do, and it turns out to be all of 3 again, I won't be impressed and still be inclined to quit it... we'll see. There's no incentive to play without progress. :confused:

Lady Croft

Squad Size upgrade 11 turned the orange provs to yellow... gee... we'll see what number 12 does when I've enough KP etc for it.

EDIT: apart from anticipating no more than 3 green provs with next sq sz upgr... I need 75 to open the next chapter. I have 61/75. So, if I only get a few greens, that means more than half will need to be yellows tackled.

Not a very nice prospect at this chapter when RSS are low and troops are like wet paper, and .... basically, I ain't doing it.

If Beta cities are for testing, then this is an epic fail; you're not going to get stalwarts out of new players like this.

Last edited:

Lady Croft

I feel like I am now talking to myself... I'm trying to help.... I'm trying to highlight something that potentially puts new players off.

Squad size upgrade 12 turned the 2 yellows I had to green, then gave me 4 more. It's still rather shy of the number I need to comfortably complete 75 for the next chapter.
61 in the bag, 6 greens ready, 14 needed. 8 that are going to strip my resources, and yes, slow me down as intended, but, it's going to mean I can't do tourneys and Spire as I won't be able to afford to, and ppl won't play if they can't do things. I doubt I'll proceed further, myself. My AM will likely help and persuade me to stay, but certainly those solo playing? Nah...

Maybe the devs can be asked to alter things so that slowing us down starts once we're in Fairies or Orcs... this is a business, after all, you need people's interest, but you're scaring ppl off with the brakes being on so early.
I'm only continuing to play other cities as I've invested money in the game over the last 3 years...
Happy gamers spend money... ;)

Lelanya

Hi @Lady Croft
I get notifications for your every reply, because I asked you a question at the very start of this thread: do you have new or old tech tree?
I take chapter 4 very slowly, end up with a couple of yellows and one orange to solve by waiting until very late in the chapter to start with provinces at all. I have not essayed the new tech tree, however.