• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Sentient Goods are a HUGE disappointment

DeletedUser1397

Yeah that might be a problem- Even with cleared provinces in the mid 300s I have zero Chapter 12 neighbors in any of my cities. Edit:actually 1 city has 1, no one else even has anyone in 10 or 11
  • If you could trade with discovered and I couldn't due to sheer luck, that'd be a little unfair for me. Much more so than normal goods since everyone has at least some players that can trade those, and if not they can join any FS. The only way around it for me would be to leave my FS and join an advanced one, leaving behind friends and family--and that's if I could even find such a FS.
  • If on the other hand it was worldwide like sentients, that could allow players to effectively remove the trading distance restrictions completely by using Sentients as a middle trading tool (Trade moonstone for gems, then elixir for moonstones, effectively trading gems for elixir over vast distances)

I think the focus in that case should be to lessen the disadvantage of being in a bad neighborhood. You're already at a disadvantage because I can trade a serious volume of goods across tiers. T3 manufactories are about 10x more space-efficient than T1 manufactories if you trade across tiers for your T1.

All trades should realistically have worldwide range. It's not a portion of the game you can strategize around; developing an important feature that relies almost entirely on luck is a poor choice for this type of game.

Features like adventures and tournaments should be where you rely on your fellowship, not basic functions like trading goods.

SoggyShorts

All trades should realistically have worldwide range. It's not a portion of the game you can strategize around; developing an important feature that relies almost entirely on luck is a poor choice for this type of game.
I remember enjoying trying to push my way towards a player on the map so that I could get their trades, but that ends pretty quick.
I don't think the devs foresaw that 90% of cities would become abandoned, and just how big an issue it would become.

Remember the great idea called "player movement"? Man I had big hopes for that. I just assumed that the devs would understand the basic concept that active players could only move together towards the "middle" if dead cities were moved out first. I was wrong, they clearly do not understand this.
Have you ever been about to get out of a full elevator, and some guy tries to push his way in first? That dude works for Inno.

DeletedUser1681

When they delayed the arrival of Elementals I became suspicious about the trading especially and it's effects to smaller servers. I "live" on a small scandinavian server and it's too early to tell just yet how the lack of goods will effect the server, if no trading partners will the server die (be abandoned by advanced players). So how did the developers convince themselves that this is a good idea, time is ripe for Elementals.

Now if you have tried to start a new game in almost any server (I have a friend who's trying to do it here, I've been trying to do it US server) the minute you build your trader it becomes obvious (to someone who has experience of the game at leats) that it's almost impossible to keep going unless you quickly find a fellowship to help with trades.
Ummm... :( you know how they have been training us to get used to nuking the old buildings to have space etc for development - is that what they are doing again ? If no trades in the neighbourhood... ditch the old fellowship and start/join a superfellowship which has players who have what you need. Maybe I've got it wrong, but then again maybe that's how the development team convinced themselves. I myself don't like the idea that much, and maybe it's just me who thinks about this possibility. Luckily I'm nowhere near the Elementals (here) so that I can watch the developments.

SoggyShorts

@kerykeion
I was just thinking about this again, and realized that between chapters, you can use your T4 exactly like your T1.
Since your seeds have no value between chapters, just keep making sentient goods. After a couple of weeks, you will hit your max, and effectively be making T1 goods.
e.g.
You can make 10,000 moonstone per day
Once you have 100,000 moonstone in the bank, you will lose 10,000 per day that will decay into marble.
Poof, your T4 is now a T1

The only difference is that your T4 doesn't get a mountain halls bonus, and eats seeds that are useless to you anyways.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

@kerykeion
I was just thinking about this again, and realized that between chapters, you can use your T4 exactly like your T1.
Since your seeds have no value between chapters, just keep making sentient goods. After a couple of weeks, you will hit your max, and effectively be making T1 goods.
e.g.
You can make 10,000 moonstone per day
Once you have 100,000 moonstone in the bank, you will lose 10,000 per day that will decay into marble.
Poof, your T4 is now a T1

The only difference is that your T4 doesn't get a mountain halls bonus, and eats seeds that are useless to you anyways.
Ive been saying this even before they released the elementals :). But now that i found out it actually costs T1 to set the production, im less enthousiastic about it :)

in a lvl 24 boosted T1 factory, i produce 3276 T1 every 3 hours (fully boosted). a lvl 24 T4 factory, i produce 2800 T4 every 3 hours (effective meaning 2800 T1), but it also costs me 1930 T1 to start the production. So a normal T1 factory gives 3276 net tier gain, a T4 factory gives you a 870 net gain every 3 hours.

Personally this doesnt convice me to switch to T4 production between chapters

Last edited:

Karvest

in a lvl 24 boosted T1 factory, i produce 3276 T1 every 3 hours (fully boosed). a lvl 24 T4 factory, i produce 2800 T4 every 3 hours (effective meaning 2800 T1), but it also costs me 1930 T1 to start the production. So a normal T1 factory 3276 net tier gain, a T4 factory gived you a 870 net gain every 3 hours.
Personally this doesnt convice me to switch to T4 production between chapters
Unless you are going to destroy all t4 manufactories and replace them with your boosted t1, you'll either get x8 times less t1 from them or leave them stopped and get nothing (but still wasting most of city space needed for keeping em up).

DeletedUser724

do any 1 aware

your mountain hall boost your boosted goods
suppose mountain hall boost all your boosted goods

sentient goods is 1 of your boosted goods , even u can have "max bonus reached"

but mountain hall do not boost it
that is why there is a big difference in amount

Heymrdiedier

do any 1 aware

your mountain hall boost your boosted goods
suppose mountain hall boost all your boosted goods

sentient goods is 1 of your boosted goods , even u can have "max bonus reached"

but mountain hall do not boost it
that is why there is a big difference in amount

It was made very clear from the start by Marindor that mounthalls would not boost your sentient good production, but there will probably be another wonder coming that will do the same just for sentient goods.
But say this wonder exist or the mountain halls works, then it would still not make that much difference.
with the extra wonder at max level, T4 would produce 3276 instead of 2800 every 3 hours.

So a T1 factory gives you 3276 Tier 1, while a T4 factory gives you about 1930 less ( the cost to start the production) so 1346.
Thats still less then half of what a normal T1 factory gives you