• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Request Inno to change back to old function of Great bell/crystal lighthouse

DeletedUser2028

On both my cities, my AW is level 3. In beta I received 928 marble, gem, and crystal, a total of 2,779 goods. (And I had to spend time looking for the silly chest that I usually ignore as I do not need relics) awful time wasting low level return!!!

On the live server, I received 123 for every city I visited. my 24 FS garnered me 2,952 goods, and then I visited the 11 outerworld cities that visit me back and got another 1,353 goods for a total of 4,305. good return!!! and if I needed more goods, I could visit my almost 200 outer world cities and get a ton more goods.

Jackluyt

1. I had two days to think this through - and I decided that the fair solution would be if the developers gave us on average 1 chest for every twenty visits.
Three basics in the first ten visits, as is the case now, to be fair to beginners - but thereafter, one chest for every 'x' number of visits.

That would mean that you would be rewarded proportionately to the amount you visit!

This is something I have wanted since the Chests were introduced - and now there is a good reason to implement it!!

Also perhaps a random Mystery Chest every now and then - with perhaps an extraordinary (rare) prize, or, most often, something common and plain - or even a booby prize...

2. I would like to post a survey on how people feel this idea - and let people answer whether the statement that 'most people do not visit for the Goods' is true or not.
It is certainly not true for me! I often visit 200 people on the map to gain Goods...

Does anyone know how to do this?
In the Live Forums you can post an opinion-poll survey under Discussion - but here for some reason that is not possible.

I once posted a similar survey in Ideas & Suggestions, which was the only place that allows polls - and it got deleted, because it was neither a an Idea nor a Suggestion...

DeletedUser2028

1. I had two days to think this through - and I decided that the fair solution would be if the developers gave us on average 1 chest for every twenty visits. Three basics in the first ten visits, as is the case now, to be fair to beginners - but thereafter, one chest for every 'x' number of visits. That would mean that you would be rewarded proportionately to the amount you visit! This is something I have wanted since the Chests were introduced - and now there is a good reason to implement it!!

Also perhaps a random Mystery Chest every now and then - with perhaps an extraordinary (rare) prize, or, most often, something common and plain - or even a booby prize... 2. I would like to post a survey on how people feel this idea - and let people answer whether the statement that 'most people do not visit for the Goods' is true or not. It is certainly not true for me! I often visit 200 people on the map to gain Goods...

Does anyone know how to do this? In the Live Forums you can post an opinion-poll survey under Discussion - but here for some reason that is not possible.
I once posted a similar survey in Ideas & Suggestions, which was the only place that allows polls - and it got deleted, because it was neither a an Idea nor a Suggestion...

I really think you have a great idea Jacki. I feel the the treasure chests should be more random (not the first 4 cities we visit) and there should be way more than 3. The prizes they give are sad. Once you max out on production boosts. you don't need more relics.. yet .. relics are the premier item in chests, tourneys, etc. That is sad because there are so many more things that could be awarded that would not cost Inno a thing. the occasional 3 diamonds, a rune, 5 diamonds, a building, etc. (I could go on and point out so many things given in so many games over the years... some I still play and enjoy for the fun and gifts) I am seriously considering selling my AW's. they now just take up space that is so dang valuable and while the side art building on the edge of the screen is nice, it does nothing and I can live without it. I truly believe that Inno needs to hire some people that are a bit more mature.. 12 year olds just don't get a lot of the "how to keep players" and while it may not be the actual age of some of the developers.. it seems to be the maturity level. My niece is a game developer for disney and I moan and groan to her. and she pats me on my flat head and tells me.. find a game you like. lol It may be time to take her advice.

Ashrem

This is a bogus change with bogus justification. Goods from visits Is the reason I have a lighthouse. The trader advantages are of little value. now on 120 neighbors and 24 fellows I will lose about 11,000 goods for each round. By who's definition is that a few less?

DeletedUser2028

This is a bogus change with bogus justification. Goods from visits Is the reason I have a lighthouse. The trader advantages are of little value. now on 120 neighbors and 24 fellows I will lose about 11,000 goods for each round. By who's definition is that a few less?

it is sad... well no.. it is beyond sad and on to disgusting. We purchased an item in good faith to do certain things... now Inno decides they no longer wish to abide by their decision and change the rules to benefit no one but Inno. Nasty and unethical to be sure.. but.. it is to be expected of Inno. this group does not worry if people agree or like them... they only build a game to try and sell to a company and build their brand. Inno only cares about Inno's ratings with development companies. players have no importance. My niece is a game developer for Disney.. and they buy games all the time for a lot of reasons.. mostly various technology or graphics...... so.... really it is for players.. what to do.. do we quit.. do we slog along... do we continue to struggle for change?

DeletedUser1025

1. I had two days to think this through - and I decided that the fair solution would be if the developers gave us on average 1 chest for every twenty visits.
Three basics in the first ten visits, as is the case now, to be fair to beginners - but thereafter, one chest for every 'x' number of visits.

I suggested the same in the other thread, with the difference of "every 10 visits". That would correspond to the proclaimed 10 times difference introduced.
Also, I would recommend to put the CHESTS IN ONE PLACE ONLY. Looking for them at the edges ot the town is a nightmare, especially when you are in the middle of some event and do not want to collect production early.

DeletedUser2028

I am getting more and more discouraged with this stupidity. I'm losing goods. I build a building on the premise that it would produce a certain amount of goods. This is similar to playing monopoly with my brothers. they change the rules to suit them every time we play in order to make sure they "win". Cheating players of a good faith "agreement" (we build this building and we get such and such return) in order to make tracking easier for you is a total crock.

Lissona

One question: you've built the Lighthouse because you wanted and needed the goods. What building will you build instead to get the goods you need?

DeletedUser283

originally, I built the CL because it did lengthen the help duration (tough neighbourhoods, blah blah blah);
I got the goods as a bonus
I still hold to the CL for the first reason, because culture is using a lot of space and I wish to make the best use of the help I receive;
it is just a tad less valuable :)

now don't get me wrong here, I still feel that I lost something because of the change, and this 3rd magic dust manufactory is now on the radar screen

Lissona

@ashrem
You must be part of that minority that will lose "a tiny bit"... didn't you hear? The "vast majority" are actually getting more goods.*
*please ignore the near 100% agreement from others as well as...you know...math.

majority of players on the forum != majority of players in game

slowly I think it's time to stop reading and discussing at the forums...

SoggyShorts

majority of players on the forum != majority of players in game
slowly I think it's time to stop reading and discussing at the forums...
Or you can learn how to recognize sarcasm;)

On a side note though, I think forum players are at least somewhat representative of the playerbase.
Many of us represent at least our own fellowships views.

Lissona

On a side note though, I think forum players are at least somewhat representative of the playerbase.
No, they are not. They represent themselves and the people they communicate a lot in their fellowship or with their friends. Still not any representation of the majority.

And: most people argue because of personal feelings or what they hear and read (e.g. "tear down the shitty lighthouse, not worth anything - or mountain halls is much better") - did the majority on the forums really calculate the changes/benefits/losses/whatever or is it just because it feels like that or the mainstream on the forums is like that? You asked me if I had read the comment of "dontknowthenameanymore" regarding Mountain Halls being superior to Light House. I did read it, I put in my numbers and for me and my situation LH is still better than MH. Why? Do the math...

To be clear: if anyone does 200+ NH visits a day (or spend 2 hours buffing NH), the LH change clearly will have a negative impact. But as in every other online game, things change and sometimes I will lose and sometimes I will win ... Clever people will adapt to the new rules an get the best out of it… But: do you really want to tell me, that the average player is doing 200+ visits /2+ hours buffing?

SoggyShorts

do you really want to tell me, that the average player is doing 200+ visits /2+ hours buffing?
Certainly not, but those players are giving a nice boost to newer smaller players that might help with player retention, and should be rewarded for that level of effort. Whether coins is enough of a reward is debatable.
I put in my numbers and for me and my situation LH is still better than MH. Why? Do the math...
Perhaps I missed it, did you share that math with us? Wouldn't an example like yours help move the conversation forward?

DeletedUser283

just like someone decribed earlier, I help my entire fellowship, then I return help to everyone I can find in the history (this includes those who accepted my trades);
approx. 40 visits
am I loosing goods now ? well certainly, a little;
it's been ages since I last visited my entire neighbourhood, which is quite large at 400+ conquered provinces;
last time was when researching and laying down a city expansion entirely depleted my gold :)

I am not satisfied by the change, though, it has been made in a cheap manner and does not fit its purpose;

if some players are able to visit their entire neighbourhood and gain the correponding gold, why should they not get the goods as well? I have nothing against it;

another thing that I don(t appreciate is the way goods are given now : the best solution would have been :
-1st chest, basic goods
-2nd chest : crafted goods
-3rd chest : magical goods

... instead of stupidly randomizing it
there are too many things that are randomized in this game, and it leads me to thinking that maybe the game devs just cannot make up their minds, and randomize instead of taking decisions :p

so what could be a better solution ?
the first issue is that obviously game devs consider that helping 6 people is way enough
because this is what it takes to get 3 chests
if I wanted to follow their logic, I would go to my fellowship and help fellows until I get that 3rd chest, and then stop there because I do not get rewards anymore;
heh, before the change, I got goods for every player I helped, so no goods, no help
is this what you want, Inno ?

the best idea is to give us more chests, so that we are enticed to give help to a larger group of people;

it seems that the theory of games is unknown territory for these guys :rolleyes:

edeba

You need relics to make spells. Speak for yourself, but I consider the relic prizes in the tournament extremely important. You are under utilizing the usefulness of spells to suggest this, which is your choice. Granted, I don't need the relics from all types of tournaments at the levels we get them, but I play the tournament extra strong just for the relics where I use them the most for spells and I keep my magic shop going 24/7. Everyone has different usefulness for spells based on their boosts, so there is no one better relic that serves all. Obviously this feature of the game isn't important to you, but it is very important to players who use the benefits of the magic shop and I would appreciate not trashing an important feature of the game.

I really think you have a great idea Jacki. I feel the the treasure chests should be more random (not the first 4 cities we visit) and there should be way more than 3. The prizes they give are sad. Once you max out on production boosts. you don't need more relics.. yet .. relics are the premier item in chests, tourneys, etc. That is sad because there are so many more things that could be awarded that would not cost Inno a thing. the occasional 3 diamonds, a rune, 5 diamonds, a building, etc. (I could go on and point out so many things given in so many games over the years... some I still play and enjoy for the fun and gifts) I am seriously considering selling my AW's. they now just take up space that is so dang valuable and while the side art building on the edge of the screen is nice, it does nothing and I can live without it. I truly believe that Inno needs to hire some people that are a bit more mature.. 12 year olds just don't get a lot of the "how to keep players" and while it may not be the actual age of some of the developers.. it seems to be the maturity level. My niece is a game developer for disney and I moan and groan to her. and she pats me on my flat head and tells me.. find a game you like. lol It may be time to take her advice.

DeletedUser2028

You need relics to make spells. Speak for yourself, but I consider the relic prizes in the tournament extremely important. You are under utilizing the usefulness of spells to suggest this, which is your choice. Granted, I don't need the relics from all types of tournaments at the levels we get them, but I play the tournament extra strong just for the relics where I use them the most for spells and I keep my magic shop going 24/7.

I have several hundred of each relic. and I make spells all the time. We get tons of them in tournaments, clearing provinces, and in events. There are a lot of better things we can get in place of being force fed relics. but I digress.

My request for INNO... Since you have destroyed the value of the CL and BS AW's, at least put the stupid chest in one place so we don't have to hunt for the stupid thing to get the measly goods you deem is all we are worth. The chest is ignored by so many because we don't waste time looking all over for it due to the low return of the "prize" Now in order to get the few measly goods you grant us we have to hunt all over for the stupid chest. Why yes, I am ticked off. what gave it away?????

edeba

Good point... The wasted time fixing the "bug" that had chest in one place for a couple weeks a few months back. I don't like the confusion over bugs and game improvements, the chest in one place was a game improvement, not a bug.

I am very disappointed they did not listen to feedback at all on this issue.

My request for INNO... Since you have destroyed the value of the CL and BS AW's, at least put the stupid chest in one place so we don't have to hunt for the stupid thing to get the measly goods you deem is all we are worth. The chest is ignored by so many because we don't waste time looking all over for it due to the low return of the "prize" Now in order to get the few measly goods you grant us we have to hunt all over for the stupid chest. Why yes, I am ticked off. what gave it away?????

DeletedUser607

I suggested the same in the other thread, with the difference of "every 10 visits". That would correspond to the proclaimed 10 times difference introduced.
Also, I would recommend to put the CHESTS IN ONE PLACE ONLY. Looking for them at the edges ot the town is a nightmare, especially when you are in the middle of some event and do not want to collect production early.

in my opinion, it's now even weirder.

has anyone read the text? the person whom you've visited is thankfull... and hides a chest somewhere on the city grounds. true, that's a very nice behavior. next time I order a pizza, I'll tell the delivery guy, that I've hidden his payment somewhere in the garden. oh, it was in the squirrel nest 5m up in the tree, who would have guessed that.