• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Remove Rank from Profile Icon

DeletedUser2402

Open the trade window, then open that drop down menu. You cannot view both at the same time.
So now because of faster progression you're not using up your tier 1 boosted raw goods to make non boosted sentient goods to progress in the research tree? In events, are there any quests to make a non boosted sentient good?

I keep calling them sentinel goods :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2402

If I understand this correctly, players have rendered their boosted tier 1 factories useless? If you're not using them to produce non boosted sentient goods, what are you using them for?

DeletedUser2402

If it's for faster progression, and I've seen at least one person say they are done with elementals, how long will they sit waiting for the next guest race?

SoggyShorts

I don't know where you get 70% dead.
Check rankings, record all scores, repeat 2 weeks later, compare results. No change= dead city.
But I got tired of being told not to have non boosted. This is my game.
Building non-boosted* is like running with your shoes tied together. It can be done, but it will be slower. Of course you do so if you wish, and anyone telling you not to is just offering good advice.
*note: do not confuse non-boosted and T4, they are not the same. Also no one faults you for building some level 1 non-boosted for events or the FA.
As a new player, it's not intuitive about clicking the main hall to view your boosted goods or what they even are. I've already stated one about trading. It's something that should always be visible versus my own player name. If my map shows my boosted goods, why not where I spend the majority of my time?
Again, I must ask: When you are in your city, how does knowing what your boosts are change anything?
-collect productions, start new ones, move buildings, start upgrades, hand in quests, post/take trades. That's pretty much all there is to do in city view, and none of those really require knowing what your boosts are.
If for some reason you need that information in the trader, why not add it there?
trader3.png

Protip: If you don't like clicking your MH to see relics/boosts, hit the "s" key to open it.

Karvest

If it's for faster progression, and I've seen at least one person say they are done with elementals, how long will they sit waiting for the next guest race?
That's not about faster progression, that's about progression at all, since sentient goods decay over time.

DeletedUser2402

I may not build up my city for 3 weeks or more, that doesn't make it a dead city.

Yeah now they don't fault me for having non boosted for events and adventures, but prior to that, geez, what an angry lot.

I said Accept trades. You keep wanting the devs to add the same thing over and over, when they can just do it once and be done with it.

Non boosted in my kingdom now - steel and marble
Boosted planks
Boosted sentient goods - Moonstone produced in my non boosted level 24 or above marble factory?
Do I have this right or no?

DeletedUser2402

That's not about faster progression, that's about progression at all, since sentient goods decay over time.
You didn't answer my question. How long will one sit waiting for the next guest race?

Karvest

Ask Inno, not me.=)
But if you would produce sentient goods on your T1 boosted factories - there is a good chance that you wouldn't finish chapter 12 at all.

DeletedUser2402

Ask Inno, not me.=)
But if you would produce sentient goods on your T1 boosted factories - there is a good chance that you wouldn't finish chapter 12 at all.
Okay explain Karvest how could I not finish a chapter?

Karvest

To finish research/build something you need specific amount of seeds and/or sentient goods, which you may fail to acquire due to decay of both seeds and goods and very small conversion ratio from seeds to non-boosted sentient goods. And I doubt you'll have big enough seeds production for that with such gameplay.

DeletedUser2402

To finish research/build something you need specific amount of seeds and/or sentient goods, which you may fail to acquire due to decay of both seeds and goods and very small conversion ratio from seeds to non-boosted sentient goods. And I doubt you'll have big enough seeds production for that with such gameplay.
But since you never actually tried it you don't really know. When I get to chapter 12 in roughly 17 years, I'll let you know. :D

DeletedUser2402

Fixed the graphic once again.

This is to replace unnecessary information (rank and avatar) with more pertinent information

City Name
Fellowship Name
Boosted Raw goods which I will need to know for accepting trades and what my sentient goods will be
Sentient Goods for T1-T3 Factories
Space for another type of Product for chapter 15 or beyond
City Admin link for my suggestion in another thread
Wonder Admin link for my suggestion of making wonder organization and leveling less painful
A place to set what you need done in your city for Neighborly Help
Move chat to this bar or get rid of chat all together and put in a fs forum. Before people freak out – players not in an fs have no need for chat and in an fs you can create threads that won’t disappear.

newprofile2toggles.png

Deleted User - 86059

Guys please. This is turning into an argument and that is not what this section is about. You are arguing points of the game and not whether ranking should be shown or not. So if you continue along this line I will close this thread. Difference of opinion is grand as long as it relates to the thread. And goods production is not about whether ranking should be displayed or not :)

DeletedUser2402

@Scoobydoo if someone derails this why would you close a thread? Granted, I'd prefer this didn't go in other directions but not really fair to the op if two others derail it.

SoggyShorts

This is to replace unnecessary information (rank and avatar) with more pertinent information
This is where a lot of your pushback is going to come from.
1. Many players love their profile avatars, and they are even a reward for completing a chapter or an ancient wonder. Removing them will not get you many votes.
2. As explained at length in your other thread, ranking is important to many players(and inno's wallet) so removing that is also unlikely.

If I may suggest, keep going with adding features, but removing things that players like should be avoided if you want the 80%+ support needed for an idea to be forwarded to the devs.

DeletedUser2402

One more version with a chapter icon added to the new area. The chapter icon could serve as a replacement for rank.
newprofile2toggles.png

SoggyShorts

1. That would be really crowded, especially on mobile.
2. You don't want to click the MH or press "s" to see your boosts, but clicking the expansion arrow to see your boosts works for you?
3. You can tell with a single glance at a city what chapter it is in, so the chapter icon is a bit redundant.
4. How do the buff preferences work? Most cities only have 2 builders, so if I want builders first, and then culture, how do I show that?
5. Why would seeing your FS name be important?
6. What is the motivation for moving the button that opens up chat away from the chat?
7. We've already discussed the redundancy of having your server show in the browser address bar and then again on screen.
8. Your sentient goods are 1 to the right of your T1 goods, so if for some reason you wanted to display boosts, knowing your T1 means knowing your T4.
9. You still haven't addressed the fact that some players (especially paying players) like to see rank.
10. You have removed the avatar/portrait which many players enjoy having. If it's just cropped out of your pic, then it's even more crowded than I thought.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2402

9. Please stop trying to incite people with this rank conversation. You're mad I want it removed. Got it. But to keep bringing up paying players is just trying to incite people.