• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Remove Rank from Profile Icon

DeletedUser2402

Description:
On our profile icon, remove the score and ranking and click to view other individuals and fellowships.

Replace with Realm Name and written out boosted goods
Also it would be nice to move the chat icon to the player profile next to the mail icon as it’s related.

rank.JPG

Motivation:
When I first started playing this game, I was pleased to see that the level of my kingdom was unchanged by researching, building, tournaments or anything else. If I wanted to move forward to a new chapter I could, if not I could stay at one level for as long as I felt like it. I might lose kps from doing this, but it’s no different than leaving the game for extended periods of time. You will never gain those kps back.

There isn’t a reason I’ve come to determine why a score but more so a rank is even necessary in this game.

The hover over the rank has duplicate information and if the score must stay add that to a more accessible place with a hover under the building icon like the culture and population requirements do. If this was meant to influence others as anyone can see it, it’s not working.

To join a fellowship, add that in our main hall listed alphabetically and by empty spots. Full fellowships go to the bottom. If you can’t join a full fellowship, no reason to list them at the top.

Having many kingdoms and keeping them straight I’d like to have a visual versus writing that all out on my kingdom name. It would be nice to have a kingdom name again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Replace with Realm Name and written out boosted goods
It's a great idea to add boosted goods, but seeing rank is important.(more on this below)
On our profile icon, remove the score and ranking and click to view other individuals and fellowships.
You can already click your ranking to view other players and FS, so I'm not sure what this would change.
There isn’t a reason I’ve come to determine why a score but more so a rank is even necessary in this game.
While I'm not personally a rank chaser, many players are as it is one way to determine progress, and measure your city against others. When looking at other player's cities, it can be a quick indicator of progress as well.
The detailed tooltip on mouse-over also let's you know how far a player has expanded, and it they are a tournament participator.
To join a fellowship, add that in our main hall listed alphabetically
Alphabetical is probably the worst way possible to sort it, unless you want to see a bunch of fellowships named AAAAAAAAAA(Recruiting)
Full fellowships go to the bottom. If you can’t join a full fellowship, no reason to list them at the top.
Often a Full FS will hang onto an inactive player hoping they will return, or a player will stick around until a suitable replacement can be found.
Having many kingdoms and keeping them straight I’d like to have a visual versus writing that all out on my kingdom name. It would be nice to have a kingdom name again.
Every server has a different first letter, so if you can't remember the order of the tabs in your browser, a simple "B" at the front of your city name should be enough to remind you that you are on Beta.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2402

It's a great idea to add boosted goods, but seeing rank is important.(more on this below)
You can already click your ranking to view other players and FS, so I'm not sure what this would change.
I meant that the click should be removed.

The graphic looks nice with the boosted goods icons around it. Almost like diamonds encircling it. I like it.

Still would like to see rank go away. I still don't see it as beneficial.

In another game I play, only fellowships with open spots are shown to me. No wading through a ton of them. If someone wants to keep an inactive player around, then that's the price you pay to be listed at the bottom. The fellowships order being alpha and open spots. It wouldn't necessarily mean that aaaaaa recruiting is first if another normal named fs has more spots open. Maybe they should add a naming convention requirement for fellowships. If you try to add 3 of the same letters in a row it won't let you.

I don't understand your comment about the order of my tabs? The buttons to enter each city? If that's what you mean, I don't open my kingdoms alphabetically. And if and when they add more servers they could add another S realm then I'd be right back to this thread. My kingdom name should be for my kingdom not a bunch of acronyms.

SoggyShorts

I don't understand your comment about the order of my tabs?
tabs2.png

In another game I play, only fellowships with open spots are shown to me. No wading through a ton of them. If someone wants to keep an inactive player around, then that's the price you pay to be listed at the bottom.
Fair enough regarding the inactive, but I've had the situation arise many times where a player is no longer able to play at our level, but will stick around and do some of the tournament until we can find a replacement before moving into a more casual FS. Something better than nothing sort of thing.
TBH I'm expecting www.elvenstats.com to fix the matchmaking issues of Elvenar before the developers do.
Still would like to see rank go away. I still don't see it as beneficial.
I am confident that you can give up on that hope. Those rank chasers that care about it pay for 90% of the game.:oops:
The graphic looks nice with the boosted goods icons around it. Almost like diamonds encircling it. I like it.
Thanks, that was actually @TomatoeHu's design as she was reading over my shoulder.:)

DeletedUser2402

Never! I won't give up hope.
Someone on here once added a suggestion about coding the neighbor visits. That you could set your city to a specific type of help and one wouldn't have to figure where that darn builder's hut was. That would be better for the game over rank. It would have a wonderful placement just under your avatar pic.

DeletedUser2402

Here's with the neighborly help area.
rank.JPG

It's legible, clean and with a quick glance have the information for each of my cities.

SoggyShorts

Already done it. Matchmaking section of elvenstats looks very good.
Yeah I've been playing with it, and it's quite good, but afaik it's just one-way for now, and only available to those who have donated or helped building the site. FS looking for players will come soon though.
A large segment of the playerbase does visits on the mobile app because its 20x faster, so something would need to be added there as well.
Do you play full screen, or with your browser visible?
Because like @Karvest pointed out, the server information is right in the address bar
addd.png

So having "Beta" under your portrait would be a bit redundant.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

If you wanna know a person's boosted goods, a quick look on the map and the provinces around should do the trick. Why you need to have it shown somewhere in the city?

And what about after Elementals? From there on you will get more than three boosted goods. I don't think this is really helpful later in the game, only at the beginning maybe.

DeletedUser2402

Let’s just pretend the future brings 25 realms to both beta and to the live servers.

Using Karvests example:

Zz1, zz2, zz3, zz4, zz5, zz6, zz7, zz8, zz9, zz10, zz11, zz12, zz13, zz14, zz15, zz16, zz17, zz18, zz19, zz20, zz21, zz22, zz23, zz24, zz25
Us1, us2, us3, us4, us5, us6, us7, us8, us9, us10, us11, us12, us13, us14, us15, us16, us17, us18, us19, us20, us21, us22, us23, us24, us25

This is a whole lot of numbers to remember and convert and to suggest looking at the tab of a browser is more efficient than what I was proposing, it just seems like you guys are trolling. I don’t open my cities in any sort of numeric or alpha order and having a visual cue always sitting in the same place where I don’t have to convert or remember which server number is which live realm, it lets me get through each city efficiently. It also helps having that name there to ensure that I’m not building the wrong amounts of factories in the wrong city. None of my cities are carbon copies of each other, not all of mine are on the same chapter, and they all have different combinations of boosted goods, and different amounts of boosted and non boosted factories. This doesn't even include events.

@Katzenprinz Do you no longer trade at chapter 12? Are you not producing a non-boosted sentinel goods for use? Or are chapter 12 players not producing their tier 1 raw goods to make non boosted sentinel goods? I’m not being snarky here, I don’t have a chapter 12 kingdom, and don’t know. But, you do bring up a good point about boosted sentinel goods. I must work on my graphic!

Karvest

If you wanna know a person's boosted goods, a quick look on the map and the provinces around should do the trick. Why you need to have it shown somewhere in the city?

And what about after Elementals? From there on you will get more than three boosted goods. I don't think this is really helpful later in the game, only at the beginning maybe.
Switching to map and back can take a lot of time loading, so info about boosts while visiting someone who applied to your FS is a good point. Sentient goods boost are normal goods boost+1, easy to remember and calculate in mind. + due to the trading zone size for sentient goods, sentient boosts are not something that is really interesting to know about player.
Zz1, zz2, zz3, zz4, zz5, zz6, zz7, zz8, zz9, zz10, zz11, zz12, zz13, zz14, zz15, zz16, zz17, zz18, zz19, zz20, zz21, zz22, zz23, zz24, zz25
Us1, us2, us3, us4, us5, us6, us7, us8, us9, us10, us11, us12, us13, us14, us15, us16, us17, us18, us19, us20, us21, us22, us23, us24, us25
Remembering 25 different realm names and relation between these names and cities would be much more effort IMO...

DeletedUser2402

@Karvest with a visual in my kingdom I don't have to remember the name or convert that us4 is khelonaar, and us0 is arendyll or, us3 is felyndryll or us 7 is ceravyn, it's just there...

And these are my boosted goods, I don't really care what someone else's boosted goods are.

DeletedUser2402

Added the city name
the fellowship name (save another click)
All current and future boosted goods
Links to the city admin and wonder admin
The relics toggle bar
And the neighborly visits
Now rank is gone and so is the profile avatar and replaced with more pertinent information. Sweet!
newprofilearea.png

Looks like they are already starting the removal
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ain-menu-ranking-shows-zero.10513/#post-61318
:D

DeletedUser2402

or how to spell Elyscandir
Added toggles to lock open or keep closed
newprofile2toggles.png

Another reason to have the boosted goods always visible, having different boosted goods in each kingdom, on more than one occasion I accidentally traded away a non boosted good thinking I was on another kingdom. Your boosted goods don't show in the accept trade window. It happens. Now multiply that by 25-50 cities.

SoggyShorts

Let’s just pretend the future brings 25 realms to both beta and to the live servers.
Yeah....not gonna happen. With 70% of current servers being dead cities there is absolutely no need for more servers. The population of elvenar will take a decade to reach a point where we need more servers, let alone 20 more servers.
And these are my boosted goods, I don't really care what someone else's boosted goods are.
Why do you care what your boosted goods are? What difference does that make when you are visiting your city?

DeletedUser2402

This isn't Grepolis where you put all of your cities on one server. You have 4 kingdoms now + Beta? maybe you should start the last 3 on the realms you're not on. Maybe Inno is waiting for players to stop making push accounts and make a kingdom on each server. Perhaps, if players were a little nicer to each other we'd have fuller realms. I don't know where you get 70% dead. But I got tired of being told not to have non boosted. This is my game. And it sure seems like the devs are having to hit boosted only players in the head pretty hard to get them to change. Not only now are you producing sentinel goods in a non boosted tier 1 factory, you're also creating NON boosted sentinel goods in a tier 1 boosted factory (plus events and adventures).

As a new player, it's not intuitive about clicking the main hall to view your boosted goods or what they even are. I've already stated one about trading. It's something that should always be visible versus my own player name. If my map shows my boosted goods, why not where I spend the majority of my time?

Karvest

You are not producing sentient goods in nonboosted factories. When you hit elementals, you get another one boost for sentient production. And if you are going to produce sentient goods in your T1 boosted factories - you will just wipe all your seeds and wouldn't get enough sentient goods to progress through the chapter.
Your boosted goods are highlighted in dropdown info window along with their amounts - the place, which you are supposed to use for your goods overview.
2.png