• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.2

DeletedUser651

I too have no desire, nor space for the magic academy on my live server. Please make this quest declinable. The new fairy buildings are so huge that space is now a killer. You are better off never doing another story line quest than using that space. I don't like that option. End story line quests or destroy your space. When in return, you get a building you don't want that you don't use that doesn't help. Maybe we will need it in the future, but not now. So maybe those non declinable quests should be added in the future?

I find the disappearing buildings a big problem too. I can't see half the buildings in my fellows' cities, so giving neighborly help is a big issue. Others can't see the buildings in their own city and can't get supplies from invisible workshops, etc.

edit: I have a solution for all those who are dramatically harmed by the new rule that you get all your dwarven goods back, unless you deleted your portal already....how about the devs just give all those folks the maximum amount of dwarven goods that are possible? I suspect most folks had full dwarven portals anyway. Then, the people who have already done what the game forced them to do won't be harmed, and the folks who haven't will be on the same page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser408

another good news, when you do find space to place the 5x5 Academy, and you do actually do the 1 spell quest so far, you cannot at all sell the useless academy.
Why is it other then mainhall we can delete or rebuild any buildings we choose including AW if we wish. Please consider changing this

DeletedUser

I guess I won't do anymore main quests. I don't have to space to build a magic academy, so I will be stuck there for a good long while. Oh, and fyi it seems you now get the quest quite soon, since i am not even done with the dwarves and got it. It seems, if inno is going to make building the Academy mandatory, the least they could so is to give us another expansion in the tech tree, in the same chapter where you research the academy, so you have a place to build it.
Space is at a premium, especially for lower level players, and the Academy is quite big, so if you want us to build it, give us the room to do so. anything else will lead to players stuck in the main questline for months and increase the frustration, leading to more players quiting the game.

DeletedUser283

talking 'bout expansions, I think this game clearly owes me one ....

DeletedUser880

Making the building of a Magic Academy compulsory is crazy - the magic provided is totally worthless to advanced players so making us build one with a non-declinable quest means that we just have to waste the space in our cities or elect not to continue with 2 quest lines.

DeletedUser594

To Management, would you PLEASE refrain from making my
City disappear when "UPDATING"!! As you should know the
Game is unplayable without a CITY!! Good way to loose players!!
BETA or not, there has to be a City!!!!:p;)

DeletedUser

To Management, would you PLEASE refrain from making my
City disappear when "UPDATING"!! As you should know the
Game is unplayable without a CITY!! Good way to loose players!!
BETA or not, there has to be a City!!!!:p;)

It's been a week now that most of our cities vanished (at least sometimes I get 4-6 buildings) when I log on. FOUR TO SIX. I can find NOTHING that I've been upgrading, NOTHING. The only "positive" is that it seems those around me are just as messed up as I am, since I haven't fallen out of my place, I'm not sure that's comforting or not. I'm honestly and sincerely beginning to wonder whether Inno even cares.

DeletedUser651

Considering so many people are being stopped from playing at all, couldn't you just roll back this update and go back to a restore point before the update? Then fix the problems and bring it back after that?

DeletedUser594

My latest bug is a frozen Barracks, that means when I click
on anything in there the game goes into error mode and reboots!
Loads of Fun!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It makes me wonder how the code for this game is looking ? :confused: If they can't fixed a relative simple bug like the city expansion bug (which is base on research, so no real difficult calculation are necessary like with the province expansion) within one week something seriously must be wrong with that code !? :eek:

DeletedUser734

Today I would have had plenty of time to play the game

BUT it is not possible at all, to list all the bugs which appear right now for more than 2 weeks would take a lot of time.............
and it is useless as they have been reported here for so many times.

To be honest the game is not pleasing anymore and this is sad, as sad as it is that it looks like you do not take our complaints serious

No signs of regret from your side at all

No signs of willingness to compensate the disappointed players

I am very disappointed !

:(:(:(:(:(:(

DeletedUser651

And.....there goes another player who just quit who has been playing every day since this game began.

People are very unhappy. How about doing something to let players know you are hearing them?

And how about rolling back this too buggy to play update and going back to a version that people can play. Right now you are a radio station that is paying a lot for airtime yet you aren't broadcasting. People will soon change channels and a lot of them might not ever come back. At the very least communication would go a really long way!

DeletedUser118

I doubt so before tuesday. Till then we will have to do as Extranjero always mentions in his bug reports "watch and notice". :D

DeletedUser651

Nothing today.

@Muf-Muf what is the eta for a hot fix for the major issues such as disappearing buildings and missing expansions and a broken barracks?

DeletedUser1257

My guess in no hot fix. They will release a package of fixes for the version 1.2 issues in a single patch. I just hope that they will give the patch a few days testing of here on the test (beta) server before sending the patched version 1.2 to the production servers. People on the production servers seem to be much less tolerant of bugs, especially if they see they were reported and not fixed here on beta before they were pushed out to production. Really cannot afford to lose more neighbors than I have already lost.

DeletedUser1257

Cool. Was I really supposed to go from -1 to +1 expansion though. I should probably be at 0, I would have thought. These are the city expansions, the ones received for opening tech tree items.

DeletedUser1532

Even though I've not unlocked the expansions, I can see 3 for use.
But when I try to place it the internal error occures and nothing happen.

5cY05QD.png

We are still experiencing an issue with having too many expansions rather than having not enough, yes. We plan to deploy another hotfix to Beta (very) soon. :)