• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.147

Laurelin-Beta

All what you specified can be easily corrected.
True enough - but in my experience, if basic typographic/grammatical and display errors aren't pointed out at this stage, they tend to persist into the Live game. While many people don't care about such things (which is fair enough!), I personally have a lifelong dislike of incorrect English (and basic design errors for that matter), in computer games or anywhere else, which is why I [sometimes] spend time pointing out these errors. As it happens, and if I'm ever at a loose enough end, I have a vague intention to go through the entire Live game interface listing ALL of the small typos and design errors... but that really would take a long time, and I have so far not mustered up the energy to start on such an ultlra-pedantic project!

I don't think it's a big issue for them.
Nor do I - although the inevitable sequitur to this (well, at least for me) is to wonder why/how such trivial errors ever get through not only Alpha testing, but even the basic proof-reading stage in a company which is, as Inno themselves often point out, Germany's largest mobile game producer.

What I would actually like to correct is to remove the multiple notifications for the visits of the same player during the last 5 days and show only the most recent.
Agreed - although another reason why I spend more time pointing out simplistic errors than making constructive arguments about whether/how any given new feature might be improved is not because that usually takes much longer, but rather because nothing usually comes of such attempts, sadly.

kkk3

it would be nice if it was possible to select only the players to whom I can return the help (golden hand or grey hand)

Bor de Wolf 1965

There is now a simple way to just give back the neighbour help you received.
1) use your FS members only and do the help stuff there.
2) go to the world map and select the "Show Province overview" option
3) select the "Neighbors" tab and you can see all who did return the help favour, so you can help them in return.

Pro to this way: You see all players only once and the return help players have golden hands, others have green hands or no hands (countdown timer active)
Con to this way: you need to load more screens to get the best minimal information you are looking for.

Personal: I use the notifications bell only to look at the first page or if my trades are taken.
All the help I do trough the 2 separate lists for they are faster and less confusing to me + I see who is in the outer rim so I give them help anyway. Maybe I am new to them.

Karvest

Just ask inno to write these few lines of code which implements unique player-activity filtering like I did here.
JavaScript:
        _onCheckBoxesUpdate: function(a) {
            a = this.model.get_notifications();
            for (var b = [], c = Object.keys(this.view.checkBoxes.h), d = c.length, e = 0; e < d; ) {
                var f = c[e++];
                this.view.checkBoxes.h[f].get_selected() || b.push(f)
            }
            c = [];
            d = 0;
            for (e = this.model.getFilterGroups(); d < e.length; )
                f = e[d],
                ++d,
                -1 != b.indexOf(f.name) && jd.iter(f.notificationTypes, h(c, juc));
            d = [];
            noDupes = (-1 != b.indexOf('duplicates'));
            dupeCheckMap = [];
            for (e = 0; e < a.length; )
                b = a[e],
                ++e,
                noDupes
                    ? -1 == c.indexOf(b.get_type()) && -1 == dupeCheckMap.indexOf(b.get_type() + b.get_player().get_id()) && d.push(b) && dupeCheckMap.push(b.get_type() + b.get_player().get_id())
                    : -1 == c.indexOf(b.get_type()) && d.push(b);
            0 == d.length ? this.view.applyInfoTextConfiguration(EB.EMPTY_FILTERS) : (this.view.set_notifications(d),
            this.view.clearInfoTextConfiguration())
        },
instead of
JavaScript:
            for (var b = [], c = Object.keys(this.view.checkBoxes.h), d = c.length, e = 0; e < d; ) {
                var f = c[e++];
            }
            c = [];
            d = 0;
                f = e[d],
                ++d,
            d = [];
                b = a[e],
                ++e,
                -1 == c.indexOf(b.get_type()) && d.push(b);
            0 == d.length ? this.view.applyInfoTextConfiguration(EB.EMPTY_FILTERS) : (this.view.set_notifications(d),
        },
+ few lines in xml.technical.NotificationFilter_*.json to show "no duplicates" option in UI

edeba

Just ask inno to write these few lines of code which implements unique player-activity filtering like I did here.
JavaScript:
                var f = c[e++];
            }
            c = [];
            d = 0;
                f = e[d],
                ++d,
            d = [];
            noDupes = (-1 != b.indexOf('duplicates'));
            dupeCheckMap = [];
                b = a[e],
                ++e,
                noDupes
                    ? -1 == c.indexOf(b.get_type()) && -1 == dupeCheckMap.indexOf(b.get_type() + b.get_player().get_id()) && d.push(b) && dupeCheckMap.push(b.get_type() + b.get_player().get_id())
                    : -1 == c.indexOf(b.get_type()) && d.push(b);
        },
instead of
JavaScript:
                var f = c[e++];
            }
            c = [];
            d = 0;
                f = e[d],
                ++d,
            d = [];
                b = a[e],
                ++e,
                -1 == c.indexOf(b.get_type()) && d.push(b);
        },
+ few lines in xml.technical.NotificationFilter_*.json to show "no duplicates" option in UI
How could this possibly be ignored when the "how to" is given...

edeba

Please, add a setting to disable recently added progress bar animations on battle result window. This thing is driving me crazy...
Or please add the ability to store AWs. It is crazy to just delete AWs so you can play a cater only tournament without military penalty. Seriously, my military AWs would be put away until this feature could be turned off, or they would stay put away as long as this feature is around.

We also need to be able to store barrack, mercenary camp and training grounds.

Enevhar Aldarion

If people are not reading their update notes from their Live servers, they will miss this about the 5-day notifications:

The notifications list will now display all notifications from the past five days, up to a maximum of 500. Additionally, we have added the possibility to hide certain types of notifications to make the list more comfortable to use.

Why did we not get this expanded description here? 500 total notifications may sound like a lot, but if you do 60 trades per day over those 5 days, suddenly there are only 200 leftover notifications for visits. 24 visit notices per day for fellowship is another 120 over 5 days. That leaves little for other visitors for heavy traders. Good thing we got the "visit all neighbors" tab on the world map now to make up for that.