• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.28

DeletedUser

Everyone can help your wonder, even if they aren't neighbors or fellows, so I don't think that's a huge problem right now.
Oh, ok. Wasn't aware of that, so if that's really how it works, then indeed one less problem to worry about :)

DeletedUser867

Similarly, it would be pretty easy for the game to keep a running average of the Supplies you've been getting during the past 24 hours from your fellows and your active neighbors, and then simply have the NPC payout supplies at that same ratio, in addition to the coins.

If you've been getting Supplies from 40% of your live visits, then each NPC city could pay out 40% of the full Supplies allotment.

DeletedUser651

That formula wouldn't work Kat. The problem is that those of us in the boonies not only don't have neighbors, but of the tiny few we do, they aren't active. Out of 211 completed provinces, I have one active neighbor. Numbers like that would skew the supply ratio so badly, you might as well not have any.

DeletedUser867

The core idea is that you could "pretend" that you were returning a visit, and therefore would expect some supplies part of the time or equivalently, part of the supplies all of the time.

I'd be happy with a flat 10% of what you'd get if you were returning a visit, and if InnoGames has a way of tracking the average supplies that folks get from their actual neighbors, I'm fine with that too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NPC citys could give both coins and tools when u visit them, to compensate for the lack of visits to your own city, and to compensate a bit for the missing trades.
That might be a solution, and they could put some sort of limit to it, by making the NPC city work this way if its within 5 circles or any other number of circles that might fit. (in programing the NPC should just be set as it have made a visit to citys within 5 circles, and the timer for the visit should just be endless, so it would work for all the time the NPC is there)
This would also help new players a bit, if they are put in an empty area.

DeletedUser651

Kat...what is wrong with my idea of everyone having exactly the same playing experience? No guessing as to odd percentages. No uneven and unequal treatment. Everyone gets supplies as a bonus if they go to a neighbor two days in a row whether that neighbor is NPC or a live player. If the supply bonus is too large, then drop it down a bit to compensate. Every player gets the same game.

DeletedUser867

how about adding a code that says for every X number of NPC cities visited the player would get their main hall bonus number of supplies? That would help balance that out a bit too.
How about if I only have two NPC neighbors? Do I miss out on the rewards altogether, do I only get a benefit every third day from one of those same two cities, is the program supposed to maintain a multi-session counter, etc.

It's much cleaner to simply hardwire the NPC Supplies programming to provide an appropriate percentage of Supplies (equivalent to the x/y from your suggestion) whenever you visit any NPC city, which allows us to "pretend" that a group of real neighbors would have provided us with a similar overall benefit.

In my mind the REAL benefit has nothing to do with the supplies themselves, but rather it has everything to do with encouraging folks to ROUTINELY do a rotation on the world map, so that when real players DO finally move in they'll be immediately welcomed.

DeletedUser651

How about if I only have two NPC neighbors? Do I miss out on the rewards altogether, do I only get a benefit every third day from one of those same two cities, is the program supposed to maintain a multi-session counter, etc.

If you only have two NPC neighbors then you hit the jackpot with this game and you have a full neighborhood. But read further, my other idea was much better.

In my mind the REAL benefit has nothing to do with the supplies themselves

Says you. This IS a big issue for many of us.

but rather it has everything to do with encouraging folks to ROUTINELY do a rotation on the world map, so that when real players DO finally move in they'll be immediately welcomed.

As I have stated previously, if you give everyone, whether you have real or NPC neighbors, a bonus for visiting your neighbors two days in a row, then everyone gets the exact same game and game treatment AND you encourage people to go out and give help every day. I agree, it would be great if everyone was in the habit of automatically helping their neighbors. Make the bonus dependent on your actions of visiting the neighbors each day and not theirs and we all get the same bonus, we all get the same game, no one has an advantage, and real players will feel welcomed.

Therefore, a much better solution to that one I came up with above, was the one I came up with later about each of us getting a supply bonus each day if we have visited our neighbors two days or more in a row. It solves all the problems.

DeletedUser

So, on the two separate World Map issues:

1) Isn't the new "design" of the map just an obfuscation of the real change: we can no longer zoom out and view our entire trading kingdom. I'm assuming that this has something to do with a data stream problem? Too much data, perhaps? So, rather than just tell us that, in order for the map to work without technical display difficulty, the view must be limited....no, we get a new "design" to distract us from the essence of the change. Border or no border - the point is that we can't zoom out and view our entire range of options for scouting, or to survey our accomplishments.

2) If Inno thinks that players have been screaming over the purging of neighborhoods before, they "ain't seen nothin' yet". Wait until the players with Wonders that reward neighborhood visits end up with no neighbors! After sacrificing 60 magical boosted relics, a 6x4 grid, and hundreds of KP - they're going to wake up one day and have no neighbors for weeks on end?

Encouraging players to invest in a Wonder with a known fatal flaw? Welcome to Elvenar.

DeletedUser867

I can zoom out just fine, using the Chrome Ctrl+ScrollWheel or the incremental menu zoom. A zoomed view isn't as useful as you might assume, because you can't see anything that you can't remember easier.
zoomout.png

Regarding the optimization of our neighborhoods, I've been beating that drum for six months now. See https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/climbing-the-penrose-stairs.2312/

Zooming out on the World Map has never been a feature. In some browsers the browser's own zoom option works to zoom out on the map, but that's more of a lucky accident than a feature. Google Chrome's zoom out feature also zooms out the game window, while Mozilla Firefox's does not, for example. :)