• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Portal Profits are killing the game (even more)

DeletedUser3036

or just do like the dragons or the orcs, just need to make the portal upgrade thanks to sub-materials other than those you get from portal profits. That make it at least 2-3 weeks x)

Jaxom

The portal profits will certainly make chapters easier. And I feel that is fine for the players who have been working on the game for long enough to accumulate the PPs. I just wish they had existed when I was going through the Orcs chapter. I have seen players quit during that chapter because it takes so long to gain all of the stuff.

The long wait for Chapter 15 may indeed prove to be a bit disappointing because I will have a lot of PPs to use. No sense saving them - there will be plenty more to come.

Maillie

Portal Profits generally only cover the goods that have a limit on the amounts. Everyone still needs coins, supplies, mana/seeds, chapter goods, sentient goods, etc. Portal Profits are a huge help in the very slow chapters. If someone races through a chapter in a matter of days I highly doubt that it's due strictly to Portal Profits or KP.

Right now I have a smaller city in Woodelves. What I need to advance in the tech tree has nothing to do with Portal Profits and KP. I need a new (to this city) commodity called Mana. I can't trade for it. I can't buy it. I have to make it from the trees, that each take an entire expansion, and a few event buildings. I also need large amounts of Tier 1 goods.

Portal Profits are a great help in starting to set up the settlement, but they're not going to get me through the chapter overnight and ruin the game. If anything, they make the game a lot more interesting than spending time cranking out goods with a Level 1 Portal.

DeletedUser607

honestly, how about tuning down the quests demanding so many production facilities (of the guest race).

This way, people can build as many or as few production fabs as necessary to progress ;-)

Richord

Just read a good suggestion from a member in my Dutch FS:

Make portal profits with a cooldowntimer:) if you set it to 72h for the 100% and the rest relative to that, it could help the game stay normal. (instead to disregarding the whole research-part of this game)

Heymrdiedier

Just read a good suggestion from a member in my Dutch FS:

Make portal profits with a cooldowntimer:) if you set it to 72h for the 100% and the rest relative to that, it could help the game stay normal. (instead to disregarding the whole research-part of this game)

just look at researchtree of the elvenar, and see that they already tackled the PP issue?

Lovec Krys

Increasing T6 requirements 20 times will work more than a bit. So don't worry, without using large amount of diamonds, no one will go through the chapter within few days / weeks even with milions of Portal profit spells.

CrazyWizard

Increasing T6 requirements 20 times will work more than a bit. So don't worry, without using large amount of diamonds, no one will go through the chapter within few days / weeks even with milions of Portal profit spells.

I was kinda shocked by the requirments lol, never expected that much.

As for richards concern, those same people have lvl 30 sapiens and piramids with 20+ armouries, in 6 months doing not much they can gather a ridicule amount of t6 using that combination, so never say never.

DeletedUser3036

the only down-side of PP is that new players who use them won't get the same experience as those who don't.
It doesn't give any advantage or disadvantage for any other player than himself/herself

DeletedUser3036

thats not true, finishing chapter faster can make place for events like FA which is fellowship based
can you really reproach a player to maximize his participation to FA with PP when others are just lucky to be in the inter-era...? x')

DeletedUser3036

never tried from the moment there was cities made just for it xD