• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Portal Profits are killing the game (even more)

Richord

Many updates and many things that must be updated, but won't are killing the game.

The Portal Profit is another great idea, but very poorly implemented. Some of my members on NL server were able to finish the chapter in 4-7 days because of the portal profits. (and stockpiled kp's from the tournament)

Solution1: break the researched up in several 100% so we need a lot more portal profits
Solution2: revalue the profits (and yes; we would hate that too)

I didn't even try to get the Portal Profits and got a few 100% laying around.

I hope other players have better solutions, because keeping it as it is, is killing the game.

Loki Blue

So what if some players finish a chapter in 4 to 7 days? How do you know they're not diamond players? How does it affect your game if other players are finishing a chapter before you? How do you figure that Portal Profit was poorly implemented? You don't use it, so it doesn't affect you. I use every Portal Profit as soon as I get it, and this hasn't sped me through chapters any faster, so either the Dutch players are using a ton more, or they're doing something else as well.

Either way, I don't see how that's killing the game.

Arthus

What's the problem with players finishing chapter in 4-7 days?
New players won't catch-up old players and credit-card warriors anyway.
The time invested in game is too long.
The problem is lack of activities for players that ended last chapter and their mana/seeds/goods are wasting instead of ability to trade them for something.

iDavis

It's up to players, what they decide to do with portal profits. They had to make some effort to get them, so it's their benefit.
Anyway, I think there is some limit on which is not more convenient, when keeping in mind all these portal profits can be used for crafting (and they offer quiet a huge amount of spell fragments), so finishing chapter in few days is in my opinion not better than finishing in 1-2 months and having a lot of fragments (talking about players in last chapter).

Deleted User - 56274

This is a personal choice. Right now I'm sitting in chapter 6 researched blocked. I have portal profits, I can use them. I typically don't use them until I upgrade the portal to level 4 and then it depends on how I feel. Just because they progress relatively quickly through the research tree doesn't mean that they don't have upgrades to make. Chapter level barely impacts score and it only has a limited impact on goods because that depends more on relics and building level.

Heymrdiedier

im suspecting that the coming chapters, you no longer need like 8 full portals for a chapter, but 80.
The production of portal goods will be higher too ofcourse, but it will just be less easy to skip.

For lower chapters its good as it is now, its better that low level players can catch up faster, so they can also produce the sentient goods faster. Something that will probably be needed everywhere in the future...

Sadly my crystall ball is broken at the moment, so cant give you any confirmations on my suspicions, maybe Karvest can dig some details in the game files :)

iDavis

Agree with @Heymrdiedier , almost every game I know tries to make it faster and easier for new players as time advance. When I was somewhere around dwarves, it took me ages to get through those chapters, but I was always like 2-3 before the last one. Today, when a lot of new chapters have been added, it's ok to push players through older ones faster.

The biggest problem I see is about chapters 1-5. These are not doable by portal profits as well as they are tedious and really not interesting. I wonder how many players quit playing in these chapters, when they see the game has no visible advance for such a long period of time. One of good things for this is creating event buildings producing T1-3 only for low chapters (what they fortunately do), but not sure, if this makes it all.

Lovec Krys

@iDavis That depends how well they play. I had no stops during chapter 1-5 in my main city (and that was the first time I played them), my first stop during research was during dwarves (together about 1,5 week of investing KPs into wonders instead of research).

DeletedUser2296

Many updates and many things that must be updated, but won't are killing the game.

The Portal Profit is another great idea, but very poorly implemented. Some of my members on NL server were able to finish the chapter in 4-7 days because of the portal profits. (and stockpiled kp's from the tournament)

Solution1: break the researched up in several 100% so we need a lot more portal profits
Solution2: revalue the profits (and yes; we would hate that too)

I didn't even try to get the Portal Profits and got a few 100% laying around.

I hope other players have better solutions, because keeping it as it is, is killing the game.
i do not know how for you but for me hard to get portal profit.
and this never made game not interesting for me.
so not see a problem it that

Richord

not seeing the problem is because those players think for themselves.
The game is designed the be played a certain way.
cutting it short so the whole race can be skipped, is a gamekiller; the game won't be played like it should be.
no choices to remove buildings, finding a perfect setup, puzzle for the right combo of guestracestuff etc.
so yes, personal choice.
but the fact is; the game is being killed with options like this.

Karvest

looking forward, they are going to increase portal profit value even further
details in today's client update for those who knows where to look :rolleyes:

Dony

King of Bugs
The game is designed the be played a certain way.
its exactly the opposite, things like portal profit made more options how to play the game, there are still plenty of people who dont have portal profit and its perfectly fine for them
cutting it short so the whole race can be skipped, is a gamekiller
how is that killing the game? guest race is not the only feature Elvenar has
no choices to remove buildings,
you can sell buildings with no problems, apart from very few, and more options will come in future
finding a perfect setup
thats the best part of the game and you dont need guest race for that

Richord

well, you are way too postive about very subjective points of viewing this problem.
more options is not always better.

and still; I state facts, not my opinion. maybe I think too that portalprofits are the way to go and maybe I think I hate guestraces anyway because of the massive space they need for total-setup...
You can go on about this. I gave my feedback:) that's it for me.

greetz!

DeletedUser2818

If anything, they're making progressing through chapters bearable, seeing as how we can't go one week without an event, a challenge, a FA or a mixture thereof, hence being left without space for settlement buildings.

DeletedUser1748

I have plenty of portal profits but what I really need is a new chapter to spend them in. We are long overdue for a new guest race. Are the developers waiting for everyone else to catch up first?

iDavis

I really hope they implement something new and specific in new chapter, what will make it impossible to skip whole chapter using portal profits only. It is ok to use them for old chapters, but not so much for new and fresh released ones.